Euask
A community for mutual assistance and knowledge sharing

How to increase my computer RAM? Reward $2
Created by kimi, 1958 days ago, 2162 views

I want to increase my computer's RAM to make it run faster. how do I increase computer RAM without buying a new one?
Facebook Twitter Google+ Addthis

√ Best Answer

it9computers1956 days ago

If you have a windows operating system than you can use a USB flash drive or your hard drive storage as RAM through the windows virtual memory feature. If you let me know what version of Windows you have I could give you instructions on how to do this.

• downvote

SetupComputer1958 days ago

Well, if you could recycle an old computer's RAM, that'll suffice, so long as it's compatible withnyour motherboard.

A desktop's RAM stick is different from a laptop's.

DDR2 should be paired with DDR2 RAM, DDR3 wih the same, and DDR4 the same. The frequency can be different, for example, 1 - 1333MHz and 1 - 1600MHz, but both will downclock at 1333MHz. Also, error-correcting RAM Sticks should be paired with same, and non-error correcting with likewise. If possible, use the same brand, model and technology for all RAM sticks on your motherboard to maintain maximum compatibility.

RAM Sticks are generally cheap, about $15 more or less depending on allocation, so you can definitely purchase one if you need to.

You can pair differently-sized RAM sticks, for example. 1 - 1Gb and 1 - 2Gb RAM sticks. If you wanted to gain additional performance, use the SAME RAM stick (e.g. 2 - 2Gb or 2 - 4Gb) and insert it on same-colored RAM slots on the motherboard. With this setup, you will take advantage of a dual-array setup increasing the bandwidth your OS can use from 64 bits to 128 bits (like a road - the wider the road, the faster the vehicles) for faster data transmission. Performance increase will range from 3 to 20%.

Hope these tips will help you. Happy new year!

• downvote

jennyjonson1958 days ago

Follow these steps: http://www.wikihow.com/Increase-the-RAM-on-a-PC
I hope it will help you. :D

• downvote

FARFROMPUKEN441958 days ago

ram isn't always the answer to making it run faster. you can although use a usb disk drive for ready boost. and if you use your graphics card to its full potential helps so much you cant even believe. just find out what kind of graphics card you have and download drivers and chip set. stop some start up programs. set up windows to use best performance etc

• downvote

anirban1958 days ago

Hello,

Check this link :-

http://www.safetricks.com/how-to-use-pendrive-as-ram-windows

Surely it will increase your RAM. Check it. Thanks.

• downvote

ha141957 days ago

If you want speed then you have tget SSD hard drive. Or you can try RAMDRIVE
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_RAM_drive_software
You must have like 2GB ram to assign enough for RAMDRIVE

• downvote

azzromyo1957 days ago

Hi @kimi watch this :

and this :

HOPE THIS HELPS

• downvote
    You have to sign in to answer a question, sign up if you don't have an account.

Hot Topics
    Recent users who have won rewards.
    jeetkml won $1
    a454545 won $2
    Coxxyr won $1
    Handas won $1
    chakramed won $2
    Pravy won $1
    chakramed won $1
    jennifer0123 won $1
    Pele233 won $1
    sneja60845956 won $1
    Latest Topics
    totan1 Dead Hard disk problem
    hey_trey Need your help in my problem!
    yzeguy How do I restore inadvertently deleted bookmarks/tabs in Firefox?
    termezo Do you know some creative ideas from healthcare mobile app?
    AmandaRosse What are the best surfing tips?
    LindaDunnigan WEBSITE TOO SLOW TO GET INTO BLUE CIRCLE KEEPS RUNNING
    abiodun My laptoo my android
    ThomasGrace Hardware Dashboard similar to/better than CAM 3?
    termezo What are the best tips to pass job interview successfully?
    BrianCa No WiFi network taskbar icon
    Get free dollars by installing euask App.