Deprecated: mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in /home/euask/public_html/class/mysql.class.php on line 23
 Delay corrupted file in Program Files (x86) - Euask.com

Euask
A community for mutual assistance and knowledge sharing

Delay corrupted file in Program Files (x86) Reward $1
Created by davislml84, 123 days ago, 1617 views

I cannot delete a file that is in the Program Files (x86) directory even though I have admin permissions. I have run registry cleaner repeatedly but still no dice.
Facebook Twitter Google+ Addthis

√ Best Answer

AAA1992123 days ago

@davislml84
Run windows in safe mode and do your work.
https://support.eset.com/kb2268/

• downvote

chakramed123 days ago

@davislml84
The first thing you need to do is take ownership of the folder you want to axe. In one deft move we’re going to take over the folder and bend it into submission.

Right click on the folder you want to banish to oblivion and choose Properties.

Under the Security tab click the Advanced button

Along the top of the Advanced Security Settings dialog box for the folder you’ll see the Name and Owner. In my case, someone named TrustedInstaller has exclusive rights to this folder.

Who is this TrustedInstaller guy?

The TrustedInstaller is a built-in account which installs, modifies and removes Windows updates and components. But here’s the thing: if the TrustedInstaller is the owner of a folder then you shouldn’t take ownership of that folder unless you really know what you’re doing; that’s because if you rename and delete such a folder you may render your system unusable.

I’m going change the ownership of this folder for this demonstration but in reality you shouldn’t ever need to do this on your computer.

Incidentally, if you’re running Windows 7 or Vista you can change the owner by clicking the Owner tab and choosing the Edit button.

Back in Windows 8.1, enter the user name you want to takeover ownership then click the Check Names button and choose OK.

You’ll get whisked back to the Advanced Security Settings screen but notice the owner is updated and there’s a little checkbox under it called Replace owner on subcontainers and objects.

Make sure you put a little check in there so you become the owner of not only the parent folder but everything in it too.

Alright now click Apply.

Windows will bark at you about reopening the properties before you can change permissions.

That’s what we’re going to do next, click OK and and close out of all the windows except for the one that shows the folder you want to access.

Regards,

• downvote

davislml84123 days ago

First--thanks for the quick response!!

No dice. I ran Explorer with admin privileges, went to Security under advanced properties. It says I need to have admin to continue, gives me a button, which I do, then I get the attached message--although I'm admin, although I specifically request admin for this purpose, I do not have permission.

Clearly, the file permissions are corrupted somehow--I cannot even view who the owner is, much less change ownership

• downvote

muntasir4718123 days ago

unlocker use

• downvote

davislml84122 days ago

Thank you!! That was it.

When I navigated to the file in safe mode--it was no longer there. I also deleted its parent just to be safe and restarted. An app crashed at that time--before I logged on--I think it was a residual copy of Explorer--but I don't know.

Hmm. Might it have been malicious? Anyway, thank you very much.

• downvote

AAA1992119 days ago

@davislml84
your problem did not solved????'

• downvote

huseyinterzi118 days ago

en kesin çözüm iobit unlocker dostum :)

• downvote

Mirth658118 days ago

@AAA1992
Good Answer

• downvote

4rturoe114 days ago

@Mirth658
ase6

• downvote

ashbuly105 days ago

Get FileAssasin. It has been able to delete every file I've needed it to and its free.

• downvote

Dimka1431 days ago

@AAA1992

• downvote

verxan28 days ago

@davislml84
You just use a simple program like unlocker and you're done, bypass the properties of the file you want and then you can safely delete everything

Sito web del produttore: http://www.emptyloop.com/unlocker

• downvote
    You have to sign in to answer a question, sign up if you don't have an account.

Hot Topics
    Wuveth What online games do you prefer?
    nikke IPTV i there any great company?
    cotaone Disk defragmenter not allowing me to position files
    7pharman Where did Wise Care 365 Pro Go???
    Macman178 Telegram messenger
    Recent users who have won rewards.
    chakramed won $1
    ha14 won $1
    ChessKing won $1
    ChessKing won $1
    chakramed won $1
    ChessKing won $1
    dastkhat won $5
    ChessKing won $1
    Adamsh won $1
    ha14 won $1
    Latest Topics
    gaubalsupport How to recover Hotmail account without phone number
    Macman178 Telegram messenger
    Wuveth What online games do you prefer?
    7pharman Where did Wise Care 365 Pro Go???
    ariegm Is there a Hosting Provider here?
    nikke IPTV i there any great company?
    cotaone Disk defragmenter not allowing me to position files
    bigwrench K7 Total security
    Stardust What is a sealy hybrid mattress?
    AMITK Best way to use cracked software for just temporary?
    Get free dollars by installing euask App.