Euask
A community for mutual assistance and knowledge sharing

Virtualization issue Windows 10 Insider build. Reward $1
Created by cmickler, 125 days ago, 734 views

I am using a Dell Inspirion 15-3552 with Windows 10 Skip Ahead builds and since the previous update to the one I have now (build 17618) when I have Virtualization enabled in UEFI settings my mouse cursor fails to appear after the Lock Screen and the wireless mouse I have connected is completely disabled. Everything works as it should if Virtualization is disabled but then my computer runs noticeably slower than with Virtualization enabled
Facebook Twitter Google+ Addthis

CoolCat125 days ago

@cmickler

Install Windows updates

Reinstall Hyper-v Integration Services

Update USB controller drivers

• downvote

ha14125 days ago

@cmickler

How to Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4189-turn-off-fast-startup-windows-10-a.html
Turn off Fast Startup in Windows 10

• downvote

cmickler125 days ago

@CoolCat
Thanks for the response. I already have the latest Windows 10 Insider build and have updated all drivers. I don't have Hyper-V Integration Services available as I have Windows 10 Home edition which isn't compatible with Hyper-V Services. What happened was that I received an update for the CPU and Video Processor from Intel and after that the cursor and mouse stopped working. I can't remove that particular update but when I disable Virtualization the mouse works again. I have contacted Dell, Intel and Microsoft about the issue to no avail. I haven't been able to find any answers anywhere to this particular issue. I'll keep trying though, perhaps there's an answer somewhere.

• downvote

CoolCat125 days ago

@cmickler

Have you tried to rollback CPU and video drivers from the device manager?

Perform a System Restore, maybe it'll help.

I haven't found more information about this problem either, seems it's an incomplete update or a bug. Anyway the only advice I can give is to disable Virtualization for now and wait while developers fix it.

• downvote

cmickler115 days ago

@nickle
I can enable Virtualization through UEFI settings but when I do it disables my wireless and integrated mouses. I have no cursor visible and the wireless mouse is dead. With Virtualization turned off all works correctly. The issue is that i should be able to use Virtualization without it affecting my mouse or cursor, and the laptop runs slower with Virtualization disabled as that affects the integration of the two processor cores in my CPU.

• downvote

richardparkar33194 days ago

Thanks for sharing.....

compliance management software india
board meeting software india

• downvote

UncleXNL15 days ago

That is very strange it must be a software problem then, could be anything. Since hardware Virtualization uses the CPU HyperVisor layer, this slows down the CPU a little, so if things go faster if you turn it on, you computer might be configured for using the layer some-how, there is millions of possibilities for different configuration. 1 thing is SURE Virtualization makes the CPU a bit slower, keep that in mind while you try fix the problem!

• downvote
    You have to sign in to answer a question, sign up if you don't have an account.

Hot Topics
    himdol88 Please let me know the way to check hide files.
    AMITK Why windows store games more smooth and take less cpu+ram work then other?
    limtengyong Wise Anti Malware Pro
    AMITK Best way to use cracked software for just temporary?
    debbiejohnson1254 How to recover corrupted Exchange server EDB file data
    cotaone Disk defragmenter not allowing me to position files
    Recent users who have won rewards.
    ha14 won $1
    ChessKing won $1
    ChessKing won $1
    chakramed won $1
    ChessKing won $1
    dastkhat won $5
    ChessKing won $1
    Adamsh won $1
    ha14 won $1
    tecask_support won $1
    Latest Topics
    cotaone Disk defragmenter not allowing me to position files
    termezo Where I can find best flight deals?
    bigwrench K7 Total security
    Stardust What is a sealy hybrid mattress?
    AMITK Best way to use cracked software for just temporary?
    AMITK Why windows store games more smooth and take less cpu+ram work then other?
    limtengyong Wise Anti Malware Pro
    debbiejohnson1254 How to recover corrupted Exchange server EDB file data
    himdol88 Please let me know the way to check hide files.
    tecask How to contact norton antivirus technical support customer service phone number ?
    Get free dollars by installing euask App.