Euask
A community for mutual assistance and knowledge sharing

Windows 10 update screwed my computer Reward $1
Created by hphillpotts, 251 days ago, 1713 views

I did a windows 10 update now it is stuck at personalised settings not responding. How do I sort this. I have seen things about regedit but not sure what to do and in the hklm I deleted Windows update but that did nothing
Facebook Twitter Google+ Addthis

djmarkm2k14251 days ago

Open Task Manager

- File--> Run--> Regedit (Check run as administrator)

- Backup this directory HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components (Just in case something goes wrong)

- Delete the key that has something along the lines of windows desktop update v4. (Sorry I didn't backup the directory so don't know the exact key that needs to be deleted)

- Go to Task Manager and Restart Windows Explorer

- Desktop should come up now like normal!

This worked for me. I talked with my college and he had the same problem but his admin rights had been taken away from him. Hope this works for y'all!

if that does not work try turning it into airplane mode and restart

• downvote

ha14251 days ago

@hphillpotts

sfc /scannow
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system

windows update should have created windows point, check if it is there and use it

• downvote

djmarkm2k14251 days ago

sfc /scannow will not solve it, it may replace some files, but i will not fix "personalized settings not responding" this is registry problem after the update

• downvote

thsigit240 days ago

Windows 10 update had literally turned my laptop into garbage. Read my rants (and other people as well) here: http://itvision.altervista.org/why-windows-10-sucks.html#comment-3661539299

You should never upgrade to Windows 10. Get back to 7, or use Linux.

• downvote

FixitJorge237 days ago

@hphillpotts
try putting the computer into "airplane mode" by pressing the corresponding keyboard shortcut (every laptop manufacturer is slightly different).

Step 1: Open PC Settings by pressing Windows + I combination keys and click on PC Settings.

Step 2: From the PC Settings bar, click on Network or Wireless depending on your Windows version.

Step 3: Now click on the Airplane mode from the Networks bar. Toggle on or off the Airplane mode from the right bar.

No matter what I tried before; modifying registry keys, changing component permissions, etc, nothing worked. But literally 10 seconds after I enabled flight mode, it finally booted into Windows! I restarted again and it's working consistently again now.
i hope this works for you too! :)

• downvote

FixitJorge237 days ago

or you could run control panel via task manager, then disable the network connection from there, the desktop loads right away.

• downvote

FixitJorge237 days ago

THIS WORKS TOO!

#1 "PRESS AND HOLD" the power button for 5 seconds to shut off computer.
#2 unplug all usb devises from computer. (mouse, keyboard, printers, etc.)
#3 restart computer, then plug mouse and keyboard in only after it finishes booting.
#4 you WILL be back to normal.
#5 plug other devises back in as needed after you sign back into your user account.
THIS WILL WORK.

• downvote

voineaadi235 days ago

The best thing to do if you are unsure and if you are unfamiliar with regedit, etc, would be to run the instalation again.

When you do run the installation, make sure to format the system partition.

Clean install always works best.
Also, when asked about updates / etc, it is best to install all of them.

If you have the option to skip the updates during installation, do that and install them later. It will save you time.

• downvote

zcarmelo62x219 days ago

Salve , da quando ho installato window 10 non viene rilevato il dvd inserito neli lettore

• downvote

Parsonlord77207 days ago

@hphillpotts
ripristino del sistema a ieri e riavvio

• downvote

billi193 days ago

Just hold down the On/off button till it shuts down then restart. Worked well for me!

• downvote

Fclef144 days ago

@hphillpotts
Hi Yes this happens & Ben happening from the beginning Microsoft still has not fixed it were stuck with it & there non scenes.

• downvote

Fclef137 days ago

@hphillpotts
Windows 10 still has update f louse so get use to it I still Hate it.over two Year's.

• downvote
    You have to sign in to answer a question, sign up if you don't have an account.

Hot Topics
    hutopobd Pc it's too slow
    dxbus Computer sleeps after one minute
    Mwarua Laptop windows 10
    LyndaLu48 Flash won't load in Chrome
    kareemalyemen HP ZBOOK 17 NO POWER
    tcrw2 Registration????????
    Recent users who have won rewards.
    ChessKing won $1
    lybwrsh won $1
    PeteLFX won $1
    PeteLFX won $1
    Davidoff_11 won $4
    PeteLFX won $1
    ChessKing won $1
    Davidoff_11 won $1
    PeteLFX won $4
    ha14 won $1
    Latest Topics
    Stella56 Https://goldencondor.org/mega-lean-forskolin
    gwendolynaldo Writers can write in any format; pay for help with homework!
    anilgs What is Data Recovery?
    james458 How to reset iTunes account on iPhone 6?
    hpprintercustomer1 How can you rectify HP printer not working error?
    LyndaLu48 Flash won't load in Chrome
    Mwarua Laptop windows 10
    Alishabrown how can recover vhd file
    james458 How to reset acer laptop password
    Stella56 Https://fairymines.blogspot.com/2018/09/teal-farms-garcinia-reviews.html
    Get free dollars by installing euask App.