Euask
A community for mutual assistance and knowledge sharing

Can a laptop not be damaged if it is use daily without its battery? Reward $1
Created by Teresita, 89 days ago, 607 views

I have been using my laptop directly plugged to an AC outlet because the battery was damaged shortly after I bought it. Will this practice cause damage to my computer?
Facebook Twitter Google+ Addthis

√ Best Answer

YannisMaxian88 days ago

Many users are now wondering: whether to use the power to charge the laptop without using the battery or not. Do I remove the battery and use the power source directly?

The answer is yes, but that will not be optimal. Due to the following reasons:

If you are less likely to move and fix your computer , you can use this option. However, if you regularly unplug and plug the battery, the contact area of ​​the battery with the laptop body is the copper dust will be dirty, long exposure will be exposed to the battery and lead to rapid battery drain. More serious can damage your battery and laptop . If your battery needs to be disassembled, it is important to clean it frequently.

Use a laptop battery or power source

Also, if you use a genuine charger, then no problem. But if you use the adapter purchased on the market and do not guarantee then you can not verify that the power supply provided by Adapter is stable. In addition, it should be noted that the grid factor where you live is also not stable. This will cause your computer to quickly crash components such as chips, motherboards.

• downvote

sajal2789 days ago

Hi,

@Teresita
your laptop will run just fine without a battery installed, but there a few things to consider before you decide to forgo the battery altogether:

1 – A battery can come in handy at times even when a laptop is used as a “Desktop PC”. For example, it can serve as a built-in battery backup/UPS during times of severe power fluctuations (which happen to occur fairly often).

Have you ever had the power go out right in the middle of a Windows Update procedure? If so, you know how troublesome that can be.

2 – While your intention is to use your laptop as a “Desktop” PC, you might wish to temporarily move it to another room or take it with you on a trip every now and then. And both are much easier to do if there is a hot battery installed.

Bottom line: You can indeed run your laptop without a battery for as long as you like, but you might want to consider buying a replacement battery anyway for the reasons mentioned above.

Bonus tip: Read this post to learn why I now recommend buying third-party replacement batteries instead of “OEM” batteries made by your laptop’s manufacturer.

• downvote

youba201588 days ago

hi dear
I know it's 'unsafe' in terms of data loss but I noticed motherboards still have some of their circuits on power when they are plugged in [e.g. a circuit that must wait for power-on signals is certainly one of them]. Hence, I wondered if it would increase the life of the laptop if the battery was simply off. Let alone that may also increase battery life, but that's the least of my concerns.

Notice the main point is to plug it off on hibernate and have no power source whatsoever for the duration of being off (apart from the clock battery). (i.e. saving having to plug off the battery every time)

• downvote

supporthq87 days ago

Many users are using a laptop without battery, but it may affect your motherboard and some time you will be getting error code of microsoft while starting.

Regards
microsoftofficesupport.org/live-support-chat

• downvote

nuklin87 days ago

@Teresita
There is no reason why a laptop wouldn’t work just fine without the battery in it, as long as you take a few aspects into account.

First of all, make sure you’re using the original power adapter that came with the laptop. Power variations could cause components on the laptop’s motherboard to fail, which is something that the battery can prevent, by acting the way a UPS would.

And speaking of power, you probably shouldn’t use a laptop without a battery if you live in an area where high-intensity electrical loads are likely. If you know that you don’t have good quality electrical current, don’t do this, or use a UPS too.

That way you can make sure that your laptop doesn’t suffer any damage in the event of a high load. Not to mention a UPS is essential anyway as you won’t lose your work in the case of a power outage, and they act as a surge protector too.

Another important thing is never to remove the power cord from the laptop when the laptop is working, as that could cause damage to its components.

Also, don’t touch the battery contacts when it’s plugged in. They are well hidden in the case of most laptops, but you could get a bit of a jolt. It’s pretty low-voltage — most of them are at 24V maximum.

And remember only to take out the battery when the laptop is turned off and unplugged.

https://www.groovypost.com/tips/run-laptop-without-battery-safe/

• downvote

ha1486 days ago

@Teresita

Desktop Computer does not run on battery, there are also special UPS Strip for protection if you need

Proper laptop battery usage guide
http://batterycare.net/en/guide.html
In an intensive usage which leads to a large amount of heat produced (i.e. Games, temperatures above 60ºC) the battery should be removed from the socket in order to prevent unwanted heating.

• downvote

ldmff24 days ago

I would always keep the battery charged up and install it when you get critical windows updates that are lengthy just in case there is a power outage, because windows always urges you to NOT shut the computer down until finished, the other night around 8pm I heard the Windows reboot jingle and it took I bet close to 4 hours for what I guess was the Fall Creators Update. I don't know what the consequences are if the computer lost power, it would probably just lose what part of the update that was downloaded and you'd have to start all over again is my guess but, just to be on the safe side have the battery installed for a backup. Better safe than sorry!

• downvote
    You have to sign in to answer a question, sign up if you don't have an account.

Hot Topics
    paulwestlake1944 Byte Fence Software
    TrevorKith What kind of bed is the most comfortable?
    richlandvaughans_4992 Scrolling issue on my laptop
    caturpoker99 How to creat a bot and play?
    Teresita Is investing in bitcoin safe?
    Teresita New usb flash drive already infected with virus
    lightcloud Is there a site where you can cash a check on your computer?
    Frank121 Is binary option trading a good way to earn money online?
    lybwrsh How I can Exchange paypal to btc or Eth?
    blackcats Turning 18 years old and want to get into the IT field need help
    Recent users who have won rewards.
    yanka457 won $1
    MAKEROFMONY2 won $1
    muthu won $1
    Surfer won $1
    ha14 won $1
    sonmeoo won $1
    Phani won $2
    ha14 won $1
    nuklin won $1
    ha14 won $1
    Latest Topics
    amansaxena For Our Quality Service Call On Our Gmail Customer Support Number
    Teresita How does RSS work?
    a454545 Problem with Formating The SD card
    lybwrsh How I can Exchange paypal to btc or Eth?
    Frank121 Is binary option trading a good way to earn money online?
    grems I need a set of blue dinnerware. Where to find one?
    TrevorKith What kind of bed is the most comfortable?
    ko4ga Problem running Wise care 365 pro registard
    caturpoker99 How to creat a bot and play?
    lightcloud Is there a site where you can cash a check on your computer?
    Get free dollars by installing euask App.