Euask
A community for mutual assistance and knowledge sharing

Can I share my wifi password to my neighbor without me paying extra charges? Reward $1
Created by Teresita, 90 days ago, 717 views

I use my laptop at home when I access the internet through WIFI which I pay monthly for internet use. My question is if I share my password with someone living near our house, will I be liable to pay additional pay aside from my regular monthly payment?
Facebook Twitter Google+ Addthis

√ Best Answer

hafiz_abubakr90 days ago

Sharing wireless internet access with a neighbor might seem like a friendly thing to do, but be aware that you are potentially putting your own computers at risk.
If you give someone access to your wireless access point, you have given them access to your home network.
They’re on it.
It’s important to realize that a wireless connection – regardless of how your hardware is set up – is a connection to your network.
There are three basic risks:
If you have computers that share files or a printer among themselves, your neighbor may be able to access them.
There’s a tiny risk that depending on how your router routes traffic that your neighbor may be able to “see” that traffic. I call it tiny because routers typically do not route traffic to computers not involved in the conversation.
If your neighbor’s computer becomes infected with malware it may propagate to your machines.
To be honest, it’s the last one that scares me the most. The first two are all about your neighbor’s intention, which in most cases is probably honest and above board and is at least something you can attempt to judge. The later, however, involves your neighbor’s ability to keep their own system free of malicious software. That’s a risk I’d be reluctant to take even with the best of intentions.

I hope u understand...
Though its free, but u r putting yourself on risk

• downvote

sajal2789 days ago

Hi
@Teresita
I don't think you have to pay extra .unless your monthly bill depends on the usage of internet.
If you have unlimited usage plan then you don't have to pay anything extra.If your monthly usage is fixed and have caping on speed ,once you crossed your monthly limit then your internet speed will be capped and you will receive slow speed.

Hope this will help

• downvote

maren89 days ago

You don't need to setup password for wi-fi router.
You can leave open your router and share your internet connection with other. Your bill probably will be same as usual, especially if you have unlimited internet.

• downvote

unblocked85 days ago

Find out when you are separated from your spouse. Find out who you are in this world and what you need to be happy. I think the most important thing in life is to find the self because only by seeing you can do anything else.The key to open every door of science is question mark; Most of our great discoveries are the same, but the wisdom of life often determines where to go when something is wrong ask the question why.
.Xbox One Amazon | Unblocked Superfighters | ABCya 5

• downvote

Safi7885 days ago

YES the better way exist as old Bluetooth as similar application how the person give to another his language

• downvote
    You have to sign in to answer a question, sign up if you don't have an account.

Hot Topics
    paulwestlake1944 Byte Fence Software
    TrevorKith What kind of bed is the most comfortable?
    richlandvaughans_4992 Scrolling issue on my laptop
    caturpoker99 How to creat a bot and play?
    Teresita Is investing in bitcoin safe?
    Teresita New usb flash drive already infected with virus
    lightcloud Is there a site where you can cash a check on your computer?
    Frank121 Is binary option trading a good way to earn money online?
    lybwrsh How I can Exchange paypal to btc or Eth?
    blackcats Turning 18 years old and want to get into the IT field need help
    Recent users who have won rewards.
    yanka457 won $1
    MAKEROFMONY2 won $1
    muthu won $1
    Surfer won $1
    ha14 won $1
    sonmeoo won $1
    Phani won $2
    ha14 won $1
    nuklin won $1
    ha14 won $1
    Latest Topics
    amansaxena For Our Quality Service Call On Our Gmail Customer Support Number
    Teresita How does RSS work?
    a454545 Problem with Formating The SD card
    lybwrsh How I can Exchange paypal to btc or Eth?
    Frank121 Is binary option trading a good way to earn money online?
    grems I need a set of blue dinnerware. Where to find one?
    TrevorKith What kind of bed is the most comfortable?
    ko4ga Problem running Wise care 365 pro registard
    caturpoker99 How to creat a bot and play?
    lightcloud Is there a site where you can cash a check on your computer?
    Get free dollars by installing euask App.