Euask
A community for mutual assistance and knowledge sharing

C drive space is not reducing Reward $1
Created by HFAvery, 82 days ago, 567 views

I am running windows 7... Have deleted restore points, deleted programs etc.... I still recovered only a small amount of space... I defrag daily also....PLZ HELP!!!!
I have also deleted unused factory programs from windows also.......
Facebook Twitter Google+ Addthis

thsigit81 days ago

Programs, restore points, doesn't take much space so deleting them is not sufficient to restore spaces (unless your programs are games that can take up to 10GB).

However, pagefile does big. It can be 4GB or more, you can reduce the size from Performance setting.

Another method is moving your default folders (Documents, Music, Pictures, Videos, Downloadss) from C:\User\You\#DIRECTORY# to another dirive/partition such as D:\#DIRECTORY#

If you do not have another drive/partition, there is no other way but replace your disk drove with a bigger one.

• downvote

ha1481 days ago

@HFAvery

download treesize
http://www.jam-software.com/treesize_free/
check your big files, see what is eating your precious hard drive space

Make System Restore Use Less Drive Space in Windows 7
https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/5482/make-system-restore-use-less-space-in-windows-7/

• downvote

Aravi80 days ago

Hi @HFAvery

Move your desktop document video music download folder to another drive will clear more space in c drive.

The proper way to do is explained in this article.

http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-move-desktop-downloads-documents-to-another-drive-in-windows-10/

Eg make folder desktop in e drive and through file properties move desktop folder.

• downvote

tomycruise64679 days ago

make sure to not to put alot of folders in the desktop , it makes the drive c slow
you can also replace your hard disk with another big one

or you can download aprograme which divide ur patition well

• downvote

youba201568 days ago

Here are some solutions

Reasons for usage:

1) System Restore:
can DISABLE your system using this (Google for how)

2) Pagefile:
can set max/min to say 2GB

3) Hibernation:
You can disable this (uses up to the amount of DDR3 memory you have such as 8GB)

4) Downloads

5) Microsoft updates:
can't do anything about that really though once most are installed after initial Windows install you shouldn't see too much more space used.

6) Games:
Games can add SAVES to your C-drive documents or in some cases MOD or other data.

• downvote

nuklin66 days ago

@HFAvery
Check the size of your hyber files and your page files and make sure their settings are not above your RAM size.

If your RAM size is 4Gb for instance your page file and hyber files settings from the system administrator, system control panel, should be 3Gb for each for the required operating system type. Not too low or too high per say.

Run a space analyzer on your hard drive to detect the cause of the space issue with a space sniffer, a freeware that is very resourceful. Goodluck

link: http://www.mcci.com/mcci-v5/support/howtos4.html

• downvote

sajal2763 days ago

Hi
@HFAvery if you have NVIDIA in your system.then you can follow below steps to make some space.

NVIDIA sometimes leaves some garbage laying around that can take up a lot of space. The first is the following:

C:\NVIDIA

This one is directly referenced with NVIDIA's installer. However, after the installation, the following folder can also rack up space over time:

C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Installer2

Both locations can be emptied out without harming your computer. While you're clearing out your hard drive, though, use a space visualizer to find any other places that may be squatting on your hard drive's scarce property.

C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\Downloader

Most subfolders contain installer executables. Simply remove all folders with a random name, only leave config and latest. For example on my system the folder 0cfd1195e705a478237a4db99f7ce77c contains GeForce_Experience_Update_v3.4.0.70.exe.

Hope this will help

• downvote

Ravindra_234 days ago

REINSTALL WINDOWS

• downvote
    You have to sign in to answer a question, sign up if you don't have an account.

Hot Topics
    lybwrsh Big problem with labtop battry
    ChessKing WPS Presentation
    KarelDeath Program na opravu a diagnostiku hdd?
    Castelnovo Wise folder hider
    jolijojo Change of mail of my wisecare 365 pro
    vistaboy Lenovo e570 thinkpad laptop
    inempoker What is Inem Poker?
    BuddyStud Blue Screen of Death
    ElizaJabeen I want to installed window 10
    honjernator Stay signed in on Google using IE
    Recent users who have won rewards.
    Phani won $2
    ha14 won $1
    nuklin won $1
    ha14 won $1
    CoolCat won $1
    AAA1992 won $1
    AAA1992 won $1
    muthu won $1
    lybwrsh won $1
    thsigit won $1
    Latest Topics
    candisnell985 English dictionary - theoretical aspect
    honjernator Stay signed in on Google using IE
    ElizaJabeen I want to installed window 10
    BuddyStud Blue Screen of Death
    inempoker What is Inem Poker?
    KarelDeath Program na opravu a diagnostiku hdd?
    vistaboy Lenovo e570 thinkpad laptop
    ChessKing WPS Presentation
    jolijojo Change of mail of my wisecare 365 pro
    Castelnovo Wise folder hider
    Get free dollars by installing euask App.