Euask
A community for mutual assistance and knowledge sharing

The computer shuts down spontaneously Reward $1
Created by brobushek, 131 days ago, 661 views

Sound is lost on the computer, a slight suspension of the system, spontaneous shutdown.
what could be the problem?
Facebook Twitter Google+ Addthis

FixitJorge130 days ago

Check your Driver

Normally you would open Control Panel > Sound > Under Playback and Recording tabs, Select and Set Defaults. Additionally or alternatively, you may also have to try this: Click Start > Type Device Manager in Start Menu Search Bar > Hit Enter.

The Device Manager will open. Expand Sound, Video and Game Controllers. Locate your audio device. Double-click on it to open its Properties box. See whether the driver is installed and the device working properly.

In the Driver tab, click on Update Driver. Click OK. Else you may have to uninstall the Driver (but DONT delete it) and then in the Device Manager > Action > Scan for hardware changes. This will reinstall the driver.

• downvote

ha14130 days ago

@brobushek

whch windows version you have?

check your graphic card driver, update or reinstall

Turn off Fast Startup

• downvote

Jaybles130 days ago

1) Sound

Most Soundcards are now onboard inside the motherboard of your PC. If the sound stopped working after and update it's possible that the new update broke the Drivers you'll need to check your manifrastructurer's website for the newest drivers and reinstall them that usually fixes the problem.

2) Suspension of the System

- Again this can be due to a recent upgrade that asks more resources from your PC in general or you're bleeding resources through some kind of bug or maybe virus. Make sure that your Anti-virus software and firewall are up-to-date and force a full system scan by starting it manually if that turns up clean you can usually rule out most viruses and spyware.

- Press CTRL+ALT+DEL and open the Task Manager see how your resources are managed and if there are high spikes of memory loss and look in the list if any of the currently running programs are doing that.

- In rare occasions your RAM chip(s) could be damaged and RAM doesn't release as fast as it should in that case you'll have to buy new RAM chips and replace them.

3) Spontaneous Shutdowns

Considering point 2) was also an issue this looks like a case of overheating... If you have the software for it check your CPU and GPU temprature and see if it doesn't get to high if it does maybe check if the fans are clean and not obstructed. PC's are build with heat sensitive temperature gauges that will force a shutdown in order not to damage the hardware when a critical temperature is reached.

I hope these pointers help you figuring out what's wrong, it's very hard to diagnose when you can't inspect the system that's being talked about!

• downvote

kaljukass130 days ago

@brobushek
If you want any answer that could help, first tell what a computer it is, what is the OP system is there, when it was installed (the last clean installation time), when the computer was last cleaned of dust, grease, etc, especially the fan and the other cooling elements.
It would be nice to know what are the operating temperatures (hard disk, motherboard, CPU, etc)
If you do not give us any information, how can we help you?

• downvote

TeacupWithHorse129 days ago

How's the heat problem on your computer? https://www.cnet.com/forums/discussions/cpu-overheating-causing-restarts-96897/

• downvote

WaggieBoi128 days ago

@brobushek
What version Windows are you using ???

• downvote

WaggieBoi128 days ago

You can adjust how long your computer waits before sleeping or hibernating—or prevent it from turning itself OFF ALTOGETHER. But be careful. On a battery powered laptop, inhibiting sleep or hibernation can result in data loss if the battery dies. Here's how to prevent your computer from entering a power-saving state:

Open Power Options by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Security, and then clicking Power Options.

On the Select a power plan page, click Change plan settings next to the selected plan.

On the Change settings for the plan page, click Change advanced power settings.

On the Advanced settings tab, double-click Sleep, double-click Sleep after, and then do one of the following:
If you're using a laptop, click On battery or Plugged in (or both), click the arrow, and then click Never.
If you're using a desktop computer, click Setting, click the arrow, and then click Never.

Double-click Hibernate after, and then do one of the following:
If you're using a laptop, click On battery or Plugged in (or both), click the arrow, and then click Never.
If you're using a desktop computer, click Setting, click the arrow, and then click Never.

If you also want the display to stay turned on, double-click Display, double-click Turn off display after, and then do one of the following:

Click OK, and then click Save changes. 

I hope that was of some use for you BUT it is a little hard to give Advice and Guidance on what little Information you have given.
Thank you and blessings.

• downvote

WaggieBoi128 days ago

@brobushek
You can adjust how long your computer waits before sleeping or hibernating—or prevent it from turning itself OFF ALTOGETHER. But be careful. On a battery powered laptop, inhibiting sleep or hibernation can result in data loss if the battery dies. Here's how to prevent your computer from entering a power-saving state:

Open Power Options by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Security, and then clicking Power Options.

On the Select a power plan page, click Change plan settings next to the selected plan.

On the Change settings for the plan page, click Change advanced power settings.

On the Advanced settings tab, double-click Sleep, double-click Sleep after, and then do one of the following:

Double-click Hibernate after, and then do one of the following:

If you also want the display to stay turned on, double-click Display, double-click Turn off display after, and then do one of the following:

Click OK, and then click Save changes. 

I hope that was of some use for you BUT it is a little hard to give Advice and Guidance on what little Information you have given.
Thank you and blessings.

• downvote

WaggieBoi128 days ago

@brobushek

• downvote

TeacupWithHorse126 days ago

@WaggieBoi I think he got the power settings alright.

I'm biased with the sound problem. This could be the one that cause every other ones as I've encountered sound lost when I play with some recording softwares.
My advice for you is to bring your system to the clean slate form, especially the tools that can interfere with your sound drive, don't try to modify and fix it as the problems will get worse.
Like one time I set the sound gate to the speaker (which wasn't plugged in), I opened a youtube page and the whole set shuts, just like that.

• downvote

den3d125 days ago

try to reboot into safe mode with networking enabled than scan your computer for malware especially with adwcleaner which the best cleaner for malware if your computer shuts down during cleaning it is recommended that you check your ram slots.... do this by disconnecting the power to your computer and clean your ram (the golden pins) with an eraser.. check if that worked out for you

• downvote

promo1985111 days ago

@brobushek

• downvote

nuklin91 days ago

@brobushek
Maybe sound card is bad; to fix it, enter Device Manager, and select your sound card from the list of results. Under Sound, video, and game controllers, select and open your sound card . Then, select the Driver tab, and update Driver.

As for your computer shutting down spontaneously, possibly you installed a new hardware improperly, so uninstall the hardware driver and install again properly. The problem could be that each time the hardware is being accessed the improperly installed driver is missing and the system then shuts down.

So check your hardware drivers and install properly.

• downvote

aprilrussell76 days ago

You can adjust how long your computer waits before sleeping or hibernating—or prevent it from turning itself OFF ALTOGETHER. But be careful.
survival games: http://survivalgames.me

• downvote
    You have to sign in to answer a question, sign up if you don't have an account.

Hot Topics
    paulwestlake1944 Byte Fence Software
    TrevorKith What kind of bed is the most comfortable?
    richlandvaughans_4992 Scrolling issue on my laptop
    caturpoker99 How to creat a bot and play?
    Teresita Is investing in bitcoin safe?
    Teresita New usb flash drive already infected with virus
    lightcloud Is there a site where you can cash a check on your computer?
    Frank121 Is binary option trading a good way to earn money online?
    lybwrsh How I can Exchange paypal to btc or Eth?
    blackcats Turning 18 years old and want to get into the IT field need help
    Recent users who have won rewards.
    yanka457 won $1
    MAKEROFMONY2 won $1
    muthu won $1
    Surfer won $1
    ha14 won $1
    sonmeoo won $1
    Phani won $2
    ha14 won $1
    nuklin won $1
    ha14 won $1
    Latest Topics
    amansaxena For Our Quality Service Call On Our Gmail Customer Support Number
    Teresita How does RSS work?
    a454545 Problem with Formating The SD card
    lybwrsh How I can Exchange paypal to btc or Eth?
    Frank121 Is binary option trading a good way to earn money online?
    grems I need a set of blue dinnerware. Where to find one?
    TrevorKith What kind of bed is the most comfortable?
    ko4ga Problem running Wise care 365 pro registard
    caturpoker99 How to creat a bot and play?
    lightcloud Is there a site where you can cash a check on your computer?
    Get free dollars by installing euask App.