Euask
A community for mutual assistance and knowledge sharing

Registry and perfomance Issues Reward $3
Created by tmataruse104, 23 days ago, 222 views

Will cleaning up my registry with a tool such as Wise Registry, improve my computer perfomance in general since most of my apps have been lagging

Apps such as.

VLC Media Player
Facebook Twitter Google+ Addthis

ha1423 days ago

@tmataruse104

VLC Media Player, might depend on your graphic card...direct x driver...so update/reinstall you direct x driver...

wise registry wont fix that playback problem...it will delete junk/obsolete registry keys, it will not add registry keys.
cleaning registry can make your windows and apps response faster...but if your registry is heavily corrupted, you might want to consider System Restore or even reinstall Windows. In case you are hit with malware scan with your antivirus tool

• downvote

jiayi663201622 days ago

@tmataruse104
1, to speed up the boot and shutdown speed

In the [Start] - [Run] - type [Regedit] - [HKEY_CURRENT_USER] - [Control Panel] - [Desktop], change the value of the string value [HungAppTimeout] to [200] Change the value data for the string value [WaitToKillAppTimeout] to 1000. Also change the value data of the string value [HungAppTimeout] to [200] in [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE] - [System] - [CurrentControlSet] - [Control] The value of the string value [WaitToKillServiceTimeout] changes the value of 1000.

2, automatically shut down the stop response program

In the [Start] - [Run] - type [Regedit] - [HKEY_CURRENT_USER] - [Control Panel] - [Desktop], change the value of the string value [AutoEndTasks] to 1 and restart The

3, clear the memory is not used within the DLL file

[Start] - [Run] - type [Regedit] - [HKKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE] - [SOFTWARE] - [Microsoft] - [Windows] - [CurrentVersion], add an item in [Explorer] [AlwaysUnloadDLL ], The default value is set to 1. Note: If the default value is set to [0], this function is disabled.

4, to speed up the menu display speed

In the [Start] - [Run] - type [Regedit] - [HKEY_CURRENT_USER] - [Control Panel] - [Desktop], change the value of the string value [MenuShowDelay] to [0] If you feel that the menu display is too fast and not suited, you can change the [MenuShowDelay] numeric data to [200] and restart it.

5, to speed up the automatic refresh rate

In [Start] - [Run] - type [Regedit] - [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE] - [System] - [CurrentControlSet] - [Control] - [Update] to change the numeric data of Dword [UpdateMode] For [0], can be restarted.

6, to speed up the pre-reading ability to improve the boot speed

In [Start] - [Run] - type [Regedit] - [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE] - [SYSTEM] - [CurrentControlSet] - [Control] - [SessionManager] - [MemoryManagement] in [PrefetchParameters] In the right window, change the value of [EnablePrefetcher] as follows: If you change the value data to 4 or 5 using the PIII 800MHz CPU above, it is recommended to keep the value data as the default value of 3.

7, the use of CPU L2 Cache to speed up the overall performance

[Start] - [Run] - type [Regedit] - [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE] - [SYSTEM] - [CurrentControlSet] - [Control] - [SessionManager], in the right window of [MemoryManagement] [SecondLevelDataCache] The numeric data is changed to the same decimal value as the CPU L2 Cache: for example: P4 1.6GA L2 Cache is 512Kb and numeric data is changed to decimal value 512.

8. Run the Defrag program when you start your computer

In the [Start] - [Run] - type [Regedit] - [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE] - [SOFTWARE] - [Microsoft] - [Dfrg] - [BootOptimizeFunction], set the string value [Enable] For: Y is equal to ON and set to N equals off.

9, shut down automatically shut down when the response process

In [Start] - [Run] - type [Regedit] - [HKEY_USERS] - [. DEFAULT] - [Control Panel], and then change the value of [AutoEndTasks] to 1 in the [Desktop] window , Log off or restart.

10, to speed up the broadband access speed

In [Start] - [Run] - type [regedit] - in [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE] - [SOFTWARE] - [Policies] - [Microsoft] - [Windows], add a file named [Psched] Item, add a Dword value [NonBestEffortLimit] to the value field in the right window of [Psched].

11, to speed up broadband speed

Open the registry editor, find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetServicesTcpip parameters, right click on the right margin in the blank, select the left "new" -DWORD value edge, named "DefaultTTL", right click the mouse to select "modify", the value changed to 80 (Hexadecimal), or 128 (decimal), change the value of GlobalMaxTcpWindowSize to 7FFF.

12, to accelerate online neighbors

Open the registry editor, find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE / sofeware / Microsoft / Windows / Current Version / Explore / RemoteComputer / NameSpace, delete its under {2227A280-3AEA-1069-A2DE08002B30309D} (printer) and {D6277990-4C6A-11CF8D87-00AA0060F5BF} (Scheduled Tasks).

• downvote

Kosio18 days ago

Hello @tmataruse104 !!!
I will try to help you as much as I can!
Here are some tips for you:
1. NEVER edit your registry (unless you know what you're doing) this may make your system unstable and unusable!
2. Don't install cleaning software (WiseCare and CCleaner only) because they may corrupt your system files (This happened to me 5 times and I need to reinstall my PC!!!) Some of the programs can be PUP (Potential Unwanted Program) that may change your homepage, install viruses etc....
3. If you are running Windows XP please make a clean installation to 7 or 10 because Microsoft stopped supporting XP!
4. If you are running on a potato machine (weak machine) like with 1 GB RAM, 2 Ghz or less CPU, 160 GB Hard Drive you may need to just buy a new machine ...
5. Running multiple antiviruses on your PC can make it slow or even make BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death)
6. DO NOT EVER USE IN YOUR LIFE THE ANTIVIRUSES: McAffe, Norton, 360 Total Security (360 not because you didn't see their privacy :) )

HOW TO SPEED UP YOUR PC:
Let's begin with some easy steps!
1. Click the Windows icon and go to Control Panel then click Uninstall program and Uninstall all cleaning software/junk that you have installed that you have installed!
Let's clean the registry and other junk:
2. Go to https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download/standard and download the software
3. When you open the program Select every box on the 2 tabs except Wipe more disk space option on the tab 2
4. Click Analyze and then Clean!
5. When you are done go to Clean Registry and click Find Issues and then Fix Selected Issues
Let's reduce the number of startup programs!
6. Press WinKey + R and then type MSConfig
7. Go to services and click Hide all Microsoft services and then click Disable all
8. Now go to Startup and click Disable all and then click OK and then Exit without restart
9. Use a good antivirus like Avast or AVG and scan your PC for viruses
10. Go to Start type CMD and run it as administrator and then type chkdsk /i /f to check for corrupted files
11. Run Files Defragmentation Go to My Computer Right click on C:\ Properties --> Tools --> Defragmentation -> Analyze all disks and then Defragment them
12. If nothing help try to make a clean install of Windows

IF you are running Windows XP please make a clean installation of 7 or 10!
IF you are running Windows 10 you may need to disable Windows Defender, Cortana, and some telemetry because it hooks all the Disk Activity: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-permanently-disable-windows-defender-windows-10
https://www.howtogeek.com/265027/how-to-disable-cortana-in-windows-10/
http://www.thewindowsclub.com/windows-10-telemetry

Hope this helped you!

• downvote

voineaadi15 days ago

@tmataruse104
A.) Short answer: Yes.
B.) Slightly longer answer: yes, in combination with much more other tools. Since Microsoft Windows is an operating system that is designed for a maximum of compatibility on the widest possible array of devices, it is very generic and it will offer many different features. So the best way to improve or optimize your computer performance would be to disable, deactivate or cut all or most of the features that you are not using.

There are many ways in which you can achieve this: by manually editing your services, by editing your startup configuration so that your system will be less "bloated" when it is starting up, and / or by using 3rd party software that is specifically designed to achieve just that.

Although I have a quite powerful machine myself ( an Alienware 17 laptop ), I personally use all of the above methods.

I will describe them one by one:

Stage 1:

Regardless of which Windows version you are using, do the following:

1.) On your keyboard, hold down the Windows Key and then press the letter R. This will allow you to run various commands or programs on your computer.
2.) In the newly opened dialog box, type in the command: msconfig

3.) Look for the tab called Services, and click on it. Then click on the box that says "Hide all Microsoft Services".

This will ensure that you will only see 3rd party programs and software listed on your screen. From this newly displayed screen you will be able to selectively enable and disable the software that you do not need.

Once finished, click on the OK button. If it asks you to restart, please do so, and enjoy the benefits of the Stage 1 of the optimization process.

Stage 2:

1.) Go to this following link and download Autoruns for Windows:
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902.aspx
2.) Unzip / Unrar / Extract the contents of this archive into a preferred location. I personally recommend your Personal folder inside of your Documents on the C drive, however you can put it wherever you want.

3.) Please run each version, Autoruns.exe, and then after you are done with it you can run the 64 bit version: Autorun64.exe. While you are inside this program you can intelligently select and deselect any software that you consider useless.

Word of caution!
Only disable software that you are SURE that you will not use. NEVER DISABLE SOMETHING THAT YOU ARE DOUBTFUL ABOUT!
ALSO: IF YOU ARE A BEGINNER DO NOT DISABLE ANYTHING UNDER HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services

4.) Always make sure that your computer is running clean. There are a log of giveaways out there on the Internet, so it is only a matter of googling and hunting.
I personally use sharewareonsale, very good website with tons of tweaking software available daily.
https://sharewareonsale.com
These are 100% full software programs, and it is 100% legal. You will receive everything in your inbox. You can use the software, once you are done with it you can uninstall it and then installl it later on by following the instructions in your email inbox. Great way to save money and have your computer in top shape.

5.) Performance boosting software that I personally use:
Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 10
Ashampoo Winoptimizer 14
Auslogics Boostspped 8
Black Bird Cleaner
CCleaner
Driver Booster 4
FileCleaner
IObit Uninstaller
Kerish Doctor 2017
Privazer
Process Lasso
Reg Organizer
ScanMyReg
Smart Defrag 5
System Mechanic
Wise Care 365

All of these programs offer great functionality and features that are designed to boost your computer performance. They are each different and they work great together / in conjuntion with each other.
The secret to a fast computer is cleanliness. You will clean your registry, temporary files, etc daily. Also, by using these computers,you will be able to customize your computer to suit your personal needs best.

Stage 3:

Windows is offering many intelligent and efficient built-in tools that can make your computer run healthier and smoother

Again, type Win + R, and then in the Run box, type CMD, press Enter. You are now in command prompt.
From here, you can run the following commands:
sfc / scannow

and

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

I know that it is a lot of information to swallow, but if you do all ( or even part of what I have shared with you here ), you will have a much faster, healthier, and smoother running machine in a matter of a few hours to a few days! The more you do these things, and the more regularly you do them, the faster your computer will go. Other computers get slower in time, my beast of laptop is only getting faster.

And also: do not forget once in while to open the case and clean any dust inside. Dust and dirt are only making your machine get hotter, and heat is the enemy of performance.

Your hardware needs to be clean, and your software needs to be clean.

Good luck!
Adrian

• downvote
    You have to sign in to answer a question, sign up if you don't have an account.

Hot Topics
    BarryRoby Wise Disk Cleaner 9
    mpxwebradio Windows 7 Explorer, Can't Browser With Bultin Windows Explorer
    a454545 Download and save video from YouTube
    marketsgolabl Sharing conection with my home devices
    rpongrac Does anyone know what Mammary Intercourse is?
    jole Iphone problem cannot reboot
    ajschulan Problem with Wise Disk Cleaner on Windows 10
    Recent users who have won rewards.
    Kosio won $1
    chakramed won $1
    yogisugandi25 won $1
    crazyping12 won $1
    CipriftwRO won $1
    jiayi6632016 won $1
    isaiah05 won $1
    ha14 won $1
    RoyFXHackers won $1
    brendaniel won $1
    Latest Topics
    AAA1992 Which wise software do you use ?
    ajschulan Problem with Wise Disk Cleaner on Windows 10
    a454545 Download and save video from YouTube
    mpxwebradio Windows 7 Explorer, Can't Browser With Bultin Windows Explorer
    Manandezo What is the meaning of "Hardfork"?
    marketsgolabl Sharing conection with my home devices
    ShaneBolt Wise Registry Cleaner backup registry
    BarryRoby Wise Disk Cleaner 9
    dongbin Best antivirus??????
    jole Iphone problem cannot reboot
    Get free dollars by installing euask App.