Euask
A community for mutual assistance and knowledge sharing

Question about Patreon and Youtube Reward $15
Created by MrOwnage, 64 days ago, 360 views

Hello everyone!

I've recently been making videos regarding games, mostly BlazBlue and Touhou so far. I've been now thinking about ways to turn video making into a living.

However, as we all know, Youtube doesn't allow monetization of videos with copyrighted content. As I need to use good songs to make the videos (can't go and add sound library or Kevin Macleod songs), I get Content ID matches, thus disabling this option.

Then I discovered Patreon, and thought that it would be a good way to do this. However, many artists allow utilization of their songs for "free", by that I mean for use in non-commercial projects.

Thus, I want to ask you. Is using Patreon and telling viewers about Patreon donations (which are totally optional of course) counted as commercial? Because then I can't use those songs and probably YT would get pissed about that kind of thing too, I guess.

I can't go with Kevin Macleod-kind of songs and YT sound library songs... as they are simply not fit for the kind of videos I make (mainly combo videos).

What are your thoughts?
Thanks for your answers in advance!
Facebook Twitter Google+ Addthis

√ Best Answer

Aravi60 days ago

Hi @MrOwnage

Frankly telling you, YouTube is very difficult platform, if you want to make money. The game should be explained with audio without music if you want monitoring.

But if the payment is only via donation then it will become more difficult for you. Because, your topic is not expected to be followed by donator type people.

Patreon could be a good for health discussion, people who work for blog of particular community or country or science and technology.

Donation from audience is not easy stuff. If you doubt check any linux destro community page and their donated list page.

I believe your topic can suit YouTube like platform more. Because it pays from ads.

Further, as a answer to your second question. A video can't be declared commercial of the owner as for donation to support his or her work. A video is called commercial if you ask to pay money in order to video or promote other product for money.

All the best for both YouTube and Patreon trial.

• downvote

Aravi64 days ago

Hi @MrOwnage

What is your channel name?

• downvote

MrOwnage64 days ago

@Aravi
Hi, and thanks for the reply. My channel name is Mr.Ownage FTW,with the same avatar I have here.

• downvote

Aravi63 days ago

Omg all about games. Nice!

• downvote

MrOwnage63 days ago

Yes, it is. Glad you like it ^^ However, I am not sure if linking it with my would-be Patreon page and posting it in my vids/the description counted as commercial use. In short, I am not sure if donations are counted as commercial.

• downvote

MrOwnage61 days ago

So? What do you guys think? Putting a link to my would-be Patreon page and mentioning donations is commercial use? Anything involving donations are commercial?

• downvote

MrOwnage58 days ago

@Aravi
Thanks for the detailed explaination! I asked this because I have seen other video makers like reviewers and even just combo video makers do ehat I was trying to do.

Also I can't use good music AND ads due to the YT Content ID system.

Regardless, once again thanks for the detailed answer and for taking your time!

• downvote

Aravi57 days ago

Hi @MrOwnage

No need to worry about music. Google Ads is multi million dollars ads platform. It is the one of the largest ads platform.

I am pretty sure you will be able to make money more in youtube then any other platform.

Concentrate on more detailed explanation.

Thanks for choosing my answer as the best answer.

Regards,

• downvote
    You have to sign in to answer a question, sign up if you don't have an account.

Hot Topics
    BarryRoby Wise Disk Cleaner 9
    mpxwebradio Windows 7 Explorer, Can't Browser With Bultin Windows Explorer
    a454545 Download and save video from YouTube
    marketsgolabl Sharing conection with my home devices
    fr Cleaner the pc netoyeur pc de spams
    rpongrac Does anyone know what Mammary Intercourse is?
    jole Iphone problem cannot reboot
    Recent users who have won rewards.
    chakramed won $1
    yogisugandi25 won $1
    crazyping12 won $1
    CipriftwRO won $1
    jiayi6632016 won $1
    isaiah05 won $1
    ha14 won $1
    RoyFXHackers won $1
    brendaniel won $1
    ha14 won $1
    Latest Topics
    a454545 Download and save video from YouTube
    mpxwebradio Windows 7 Explorer, Can't Browser With Bultin Windows Explorer
    Manandezo What is the meaning of "Hardfork"?
    marketsgolabl Sharing conection with my home devices
    ShaneBolt Wise Registry Cleaner backup registry
    BarryRoby Wise Disk Cleaner 9
    dongbin Best antivirus??????
    jole Iphone problem cannot reboot
    rpongrac Does anyone know what Mammary Intercourse is?
    fr Cleaner the pc netoyeur pc de spams
    Get free dollars by installing euask App.