Created by DancingAccountant, 103 days ago, 615 views

Where are the restore points
Facebook Twitter Google+ Addthis

VenaiCZ102 days ago

restore points for what

• downvote

nuklin102 days ago

@DancingAccountant

Depending on what OS you're using, but generally, you find them under System tools. For XP OS, go to "accessories to system

tools.

System restore points are stored in a hidden folder called System Volume Information on the root OS drive. CCleaner will not

affect them.

You cannot do anything to the file unless you boot from something else like an installer disk as it is protected, but you can

see it if you set your folder view to include hidden and system files. HERE is how to do that in Windows 8.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/show-hidden-files-in-windows-8/

There could be other reasons for the disappearance like disc cleanup, automatic updates or setting your automatic restore

to off, but if you’re using windows 7, I suggest you try this link http://www.thewindowsclub.com/how-to-defrag-mft-page-

file-registry-system-files-in-windows-7 got from this link http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-3237607/system-

restore-points-lost.html from where you can get other bits of advice. Cheers.

• downvote

AAA1992101 days ago

Go to control Panel ===>System==>Advance System setting ==>System Protection ===>system restore point

• downvote

voineaadi101 days ago

Hello, dear DancingAccountant,

You have several options for finding your restore points, but first you have to ensure that System Restore is functioning properly.

1.) Press the Windows Key + R ( Run command ) and type in : services.msc

2.) Make sure that the service called Volume Shadow Copy is switched to Automatic, and then press OK

3.) Right click "This PC", or "Computer", or "My computer", however it's named. Then click "Advanced System Settings", and look for a tab called System Protection

Then you should see your partitions listed there, and Protection can say Yes or No. I have disabled System Protection, so you will not see it. But if you look above, at the answer that has been provided by AAA1992 you will see that he has there all of his partitions being listed.

3.1.)If you want to backup your WINDOWS system ( System Restore, right? Crucial System Files, etc. ) then you will simply select the C: drive, click COnfigure, and see how much you want to allocate for your backup. The more you allocate, the larger the amount of files that Windows will save for later on, in case you are in trouble.

If there is no existing Restore Point you can simply use the Create button(In my case it is grayed out, I have totally disabled this feature on my computer - I don't use it ).

After you have chosen the size of the System Restore Point in step 3.1.) above, then you can just click Create, and Voila! You have a restore point that you can use later on when in trouble.

4.) How can you restore?

Many ways:

4.1.) You can either restore from this menu above, by clicking System Restore ( greyed out in my case, top of the window ), or if you have trouble booting up you can simply press shift F8 and the boot menu will appear.

Please check the article below.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/252927/restore_your_system_when_you_cant_launch_system_restore.html

Take care!
Adrian

• downvote

DancingAccountant97 days ago

Other restore point could come from different programs being used ie: Wise Registry, Glary Utilities. These are saved within the programs themselves.

• downvote

Achaturvedi90 days ago

if you are window user you can click on start button and search system restore. its just simple steps..

• downvote

ab193688 days ago

@DancingAccountant

For whaaat????

• downvote

Mathilda86 days ago

@DancingAccountant
Just go to conntrol panel, type restore in the search field on the top right corner. You will see a list of options, select 'Backup and Restore'. then continue to select 'another backup to restore fiiles from'. That is where youcan see restore points.

As to other proplems, welcome to visit website: www.icleansoftware.com

• downvote
    You have to sign in to answer a question, sign up if you don't have an account.

Hot Topics
    sunrise How many points do you have on Euask?
    3972039 Camera not working
    gstraneva Scanning junk files
    abedexter Help. Microsoft office 2010 activation
    gstraneva Scan time excessive
    gstraneva Not impressed so far with product
    sadhzcn What are best Music Downloading Apps than Music Paradise?
    jairo1946 Espaço insuficiente de armazenamento para processar esse comando.
    DLBosley Dragon City/Facebook Game Interuptions
    srb25k Which cyptocurrency is best to mine
    Recent users who have won rewards.
    isaiah05 won $1
    FixitJorge won $1
    nuklin won $1
    srb25k won $1
    AAA1992 won $1
    rohinraha won $1
    ofteamer won $1
    Wilfredvr won $1
    WiseCleaner_admin won $1
    FixitJorge won $1
    Latest Topics
    sadhzcn What are best Music Downloading Apps than Music Paradise?
    abedexter Help. Microsoft office 2010 activation
    gstraneva Not impressed so far with product
    gstraneva Scan time excessive
    srb25k Which cyptocurrency is best to mine
    ChessKing The Yandex browser does not work
    jdb152 Solar eclipse rage
    gstraneva Scanning junk files
    Icuska Szép napot mindenkinek!
    3972039 Camera not working
    Get free dollars by installing euask App.