Euask
A community for mutual assistance and knowledge sharing

Cleaned registry, now laptop does not shut down Reward $1
Created by jngithinji, 10 days ago, 234 views

I cleaned my Windows 10 laptop registry with Wise Registry Cleaner, and now the laptop does not shut down. I went back to a previous (4 day) recovery point but still couldn't solve the problem. What should I do?
Facebook Twitter Google+ Addthis

brendaniel10 days ago

@jngithinji

Send an email to support@euask.com with details of your problem, they should help you with the best answer

• downvote

ha1410 days ago

@jngithinji

sfc /scannow
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system-files

uninstall Intel(R) Management Engine Interface (do not delete) and reboot
https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/intel-r-management-engine-interface-this-device-cannot-start-on-windows-solved/

reset cmos battery

• downvote

WiseCleaner_admin7 days ago

Please send your question to support@wisecleaner.com

• downvote

namanh6 days ago

You should use a System Restore. It's an easy method. System Restore is a method to undo system changes by using restore points to return your system files and settings to an earlier point in time without affecting personal files of users. System Restore uses a feature called system protection that regularly creates and saves information about your PC's drivers, programs, registry, system files, and settings as restore points.

• downvote

nuklin4 days ago

@jngithinji

Checked your power settings? Be sure that you have them set the way you want them. Go to the start menu, then settings, then system, then power & sleep. Click on "Additional power settings" to get to all the settings you should be looking at. If all is well there, then wait a while before manually shutting off the computer. It might be busy. If neither of these works, try the following steps

1. Run Windows Update

If the slow-shut down issue is not resolved, try steps 2 thru 6:

2. Right Click: Windows icon in the lower-left corner of the task bar

3. Select: Control Panel

4. Select: Trouble Shooting

5. Under System and Security Select: Fix Problems with Windows Update

6. Select: Trouble Shoot as an Administrator

If there were issues they should be fixed and you’ll see a green circle with a check mark indicating so. Close the window, restart your PC and monitor for shut down speed by initiating shut down again.

If the slow-shut down issue is not resolved, try steps 7 thru 8:

7. Under System and Security Select: Run Maintenance Tasks

8. Select: Trouble Shoot as an Administrator

If there were issues they should be fixed and you’ll see a green circle with a check mark indicating so. Close the window, restart your PC and monitor for shut down speed by initiating shut down again. Follow the same procedure for: Improve Power Usage.

If the slow-shut down issue is not resolved, try steps 9 thru 11:

Caution: Read what will happen very carefully. You may want to have pen and paper handy to write down those Apps and/or programs that may not be retained requiring you to download/re-install them. If this is too drastic skip to steps 12 thru 17 and try them first and if that doesn’t resolve the issue come back to steps 9 thru 11. This procedure may take quite sometime so be patient

9. Right Click: Windows icon in the lower-left corner of the task bar

10. Select: Search

11. Type: Reset This PC (it should appear at the top – select it)

If the slow-shut down issue is not resolved, try steps 12 thru 21.

Caution: These are a little more involved and go deeper into your system. If you don’t feel confident that you can perform the tasks, then I suggest you seek assistance. The upside versus steps 9 thru 11 is that no Apps/Programs will be removed.

12. Right Click: Windows icon in the lower-left corner of the task bar

13. Select: Run

14. Type: msconfig

15. Click: OK

16. Select: Services

17. Check: Hide all Microsoft services

18. Uncheck: Only 3rd party programs that you installed such as an AV program. Do not uncheck Intel, NVIDIA or AMD services
19. Click: Apply/OK

20.Click: Restart

21. Shut Down: Perform a shut down to see how long it takes

If the shut down is faster, then you must follow the same procedure as above and turn all the services that were turned off

back on. Continue to repeat the process of “on/off” for each 3rd party service (one by one) until you duplicate the slow

shut down thus identifying the offending program.

Source: https://www.cnet.com/forums/discussions/help-my-pc-with-windows-10-wont-shut-down-properly/

• downvote

allin182 days ago

Try to hold shift while clicking on the shut-down button. If it doen't work, then try to restart it in safe mode with command prompt (holding shift while clicking on the "Restart" button and try to launch /sfc scannow from the command prompt.

• downvote
    You have to sign in to answer a question, sign up if you don't have an account.

Hot Topics
    AAA1992 Best hotpot software for windows ?
    kannan1976 I cannot connect my Lumia 520 into Windows 7 PC, Why?
    Hela I uninstalled a program by mistake on my Windows Parallel machine, can I recover a folder from that uninstalled program?
    19mitch65 USB ports not being recognized
    koltai Windows 10 be lehet e a win 7 képnézőt telepiteni???
    n_777 Cannot clear computers ram
    kannan1976 Uninstall Internet Explorer from Lumia 520
    LooneyBird25 I'd like a refund
    Leotsing Urgent! Regarding Issue with Hiding My OS Drive
    XajaM Delete Eask account.
    Recent users who have won rewards.
    chakramed won $1
    a454545 won $1
    chakramed won $1
    brendaniel won $1
    ha14 won $1
    Aravi won $1
    ha14 won $1
    ha14 won $1
    ha14 won $1
    WiseCleaner_admin won $1
    Latest Topics
    LooneyBird25 I'd like a refund
    XajaM Delete Eask account.
    kannan1976 Uninstall Internet Explorer from Lumia 520
    19mitch65 USB ports not being recognized
    Leotsing Urgent! Regarding Issue with Hiding My OS Drive
    n_777 Cannot clear computers ram
    koltai Windows 10 be lehet e a win 7 képnézőt telepiteni???
    Hela I uninstalled a program by mistake on my Windows Parallel machine, can I recover a folder from that uninstalled program?
    AAA1992 Best hotpot software for windows ?
    kannan1976 I cannot connect my Lumia 520 into Windows 7 PC, Why?
    Get free dollars by installing euask App.