Euask
A community for mutual assistance and knowledge sharing

How to create executable launching scripts under Windows 10 ? Reward $1
Created by magali_demorangies, 103 days ago, 488 views

I am a Linux advanced user, and under Mageia Linux I often write little script files to create my own launchers (for particular application's configuration, or to open directly any URI in the special session of an application, etc.) and place them in my menu. I wish to do the same under Windows... But how ?
I tried already to create at least a shortcut with command options using the common "New" > "Shortcut" tool, but Windows refuses to create it if I add any part more than just the basic path of the program (a message-box is pretending that "the URL doesn't exist" when any "- [OPTIONFLAG]" is added). Then I tried making the shortcut basically, and after its creation, asking for the "Properties" of the shortcut file, to add to the "Target" line my command options... But another message-box appears and blocks my attempt of changes on the command (for the same reason, the URL is not recognized if any option is added) !
I know that those special command lines target are existing by the way, as many programs use them, like for example "Google Earth (OpenGL mode)" with its ""C:\thingy\googleearth.exe" -setOGL" target address, and all my Steam games with their "steam://something" URL, etc.
As those files are created by the installation program, I wonder if any application exists that could help me write and create my own command / shortcut / executable files, to be able to place them at least in my desktop folder, and for the best in the menu repertory to make them appear in my menu.
If any person could give me the name of such a program (as long as it's an OpenSource one, or at least free or costing less than 10 Euros, for me to be able to get it !), it would be a great help... Thanks for any answer !
Facebook Twitter Google+ Addthis

√ Best Answer

Aravi103 days ago

Hi @magali_demorangies

For executable launching scripts, you can create .bat file:-

https://www.tutorialspoint.com/batch_script/

.bat file are considered to be security treat in windows os. Because, hacker can explore the venerability or .bat files execute harmful code. Hence, it will be blocked by your firewall and antivirus software automatical.

You need to add them to exclution list as per your antivirus and firewall software setting. Their are loot of antivirus softwares in windows, so I can't help without knowing your antivirus software name. Kindly google search for path in user interface of your exclution list.

Regards,

• downvote

magali_demorangies101 days ago

Thank you for your answer, it's already a great help for me to know now how the Windows scripts are named and to be able to learn their syntax. I know already how to put files on my exclusion list, as I already created a few dll as personal icons storage, and I immediately saw that every AV target them as infected programs ( x'D )... Thanks a lot again.

• downvote

Aravi100 days ago

Hi @magali_demorangies

You are most welcom and thanks for selecting my answer as the best answer.

Regards,

• downvote
    You have to sign in to answer a question, sign up if you don't have an account.

Hot Topics
    BarryRoby Wise Disk Cleaner 9
    mpxwebradio Windows 7 Explorer, Can't Browser With Bultin Windows Explorer
    a454545 Download and save video from YouTube
    marketsgolabl Sharing conection with my home devices
    fr Cleaner the pc netoyeur pc de spams
    rpongrac Does anyone know what Mammary Intercourse is?
    jole Iphone problem cannot reboot
    Recent users who have won rewards.
    chakramed won $1
    yogisugandi25 won $1
    crazyping12 won $1
    CipriftwRO won $1
    jiayi6632016 won $1
    isaiah05 won $1
    ha14 won $1
    RoyFXHackers won $1
    brendaniel won $1
    ha14 won $1
    Latest Topics
    a454545 Download and save video from YouTube
    mpxwebradio Windows 7 Explorer, Can't Browser With Bultin Windows Explorer
    Manandezo What is the meaning of "Hardfork"?
    marketsgolabl Sharing conection with my home devices
    ShaneBolt Wise Registry Cleaner backup registry
    BarryRoby Wise Disk Cleaner 9
    dongbin Best antivirus??????
    jole Iphone problem cannot reboot
    rpongrac Does anyone know what Mammary Intercourse is?
    fr Cleaner the pc netoyeur pc de spams
    Get free dollars by installing euask App.