Euask
A community for mutual assistance and knowledge sharing

Problems with WiseCare365 Disk Defrag Reward $515
Created by shotokan1, 191 days ago, 585 views

What are orange cells? (Orange is not in the legend.) Yellow is system files and red is fragmented files, right? I think orange is undetermined, and these shrink to zero as defragment progresses (whether successfully defragmented or not). Please confirm/correct.

What does it mean when many orange cells remain after Full Optimization, and what can be done about this?

When I apply Full Optimization to a relatively empty disk, then the used space is consolidated to contiguous (in addition to defragmenting files). But when I apply Full Optimization to a C (OS) drive that is 50% full, then the usage remains fairly scattered after Full Optimization. How can I fix this?

How do I get to the list that you presented, in order to check it?

Which statistics in the list do you suggest that I should look consider?

What does OVER_LIMIT mean in this list?

Is there any way to find out the number (count) of fragmented files and the number (count) of file fragments from this product?
Facebook Twitter Google+ Addthis

Flyshield191 days ago

Starting with Windows Vista, the built-inWindows Disk Defragmenterhas been much improved upon, and more so in Windows 8 and Windows 7, and is considered to be much better than its predecessor Windows XP. The defrag engine and the manageability of fragmentation have been improved. The Disk Defragmenter runs as a low priority task in the background without affecting the performance of the computer. It runs only when the machine is idle! It uses the Task Scheduler to automatically keep the hard disk defragmented. This automated defragmentation does notaffect the performance of the Windows.Disk Defragmenter in Windows 10/8Now, by default, the defrag tool only defragments filessmaller than 64 MB, for according to Microsoft’s benchmarks, fragments of this size, which already consist of at least16000 contiguous clusters, have a negligible impact on performance. This means that games and large media files are effectively left as theyare! So if you still want to defrag files larger than 64 MB too, you need to use the-wparametermentioned below to defragment files of all size.Starting with Windows 7, defragmentation became even more comprehensive – many files that could not be re-located in Windows Vista or earlier versions can now be optimally replaced. In particular, a lotof work was done to make various NTFS metadata files movable. This ability to relocate NTFS metadata files also benefits volume shrink, since it enables the system to pack allfiles and file system metadata more closely and free up space “at the end”which can be reclaimed if required.In Windows 7, Microsoft had turned off defragmentation for Solid State Disks. In Windows 8 however, since the tool has undergone a change into a general disk optimization tool, you will see it enabled by default for SSDstoo. You can read more about theImproved Disk Defragmenter and Storage Optimizer in Windows 8. If you use a Solid State Drive, you may want to read this post onDefragmentation and SSD in Windows 8.

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/disk-defragmenter-windows

The following information can help you to optimize, repair, or gain a betterunderstanding of how your NTFS volumes use disk space.Cluster Size Is Too LargeOnly files and folders that include internal NTFS metafiles like theMaster File Table (MFT), folder indexes, and others can consume disk space. These files and folders consume all the file space allocation by using multiples of a cluster. A cluster is a collection of contiguous sectors. The cluster size is determined by the partition size when thevolume is formatted.For additional information about clusters, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:140365Default Cluster Size for FAT and NTFSWhen a file is created, it consumes a minimum of a single cluster of disk space, depending on the initial file size. When data is later added to a file, NTFS increases the file's allocation in multiples of the clustersize.To determine the current cluster size and volume statistics, run a read-onlychkdskcommand from a command prompt. To do so, follow these steps :1.ClickStart, clickRun, typecmd, and then clickOK.2.At the command prompt, type the following command:chkdskd:whered:is the letter of the drive that you want to check.3.ClickOK.4.View the resulting output. For example:4096543 KB total disk space. <--- Total formatted disk capacity. 2906360 KB in 19901 files. <--- Space used by user file data.6344 KB in 1301 indexes. <--- Space used by NTFS indexes.0 KB in bad sectors. <--- Space lost to bad sectors.49379 KB in use by the system. <--- Includes MFT and other NTFS metafiles.22544 KB occupied by the log file. <--- NTFS Log file - (Can be adjusted using chkdsk /L:size)1134460 KB available on disk. <--- Available FREE disk space4096 bytes in each allocation unit. <--- Cluster Size. (4K)1024135 total allocation units ondisk. <--- Total Clusters on disk.283615 allocationunits available on disk. <--- Available free clusters.Note: Multiply each value that the output reports in kilobytes (KB) by1024 to determineaccurate byte counts. For example: 2906360x 1024 = 2,976,112,640 bytes.You can use this information to determine how your disk space is being used and the default cluster size. To determine whether this is the optimal cluster size, you must determine the wasted space on your disk. To do so, follow these steps:1.ClickStart, clickMyComputer, and then double-click the drive letter (forexample, D) of the volume in questionto open the volume and display the folders and files that the root contains.2.Click any file or folder, and then clickSelect Allon theEditmenu.3.With all the files and folders selected, right-clickany file or folder, clickProperties, and then click theGeneraltab.TheGeneraltab displays the total number of files and folders on the whole volume and provides two file size statistics:SIZEandSIZE ON DISK.If you are not using NTFS compression for any files or folders contained on the volume, the differencebetween SIZE and SIZEON DISK may represent some wasted space because the cluster size is larger than necessary. You may want to use asmaller cluster size so that the SIZE ON DISK value is as close to the SIZE value as possible. An large difference between the SIZE ON DISK and the SIZE value indicates that the default cluster size is too large for the average file size that you are storing on the volume.You can only change the cluster size you areusing by reformatting the volume. To do this,back up the volume, and then format the volume by using theformatcommand and the/aswitch to specifythe appropriate allocation. For example:format D: /a:2048(This example uses a 2-KB cluster size).Note: Alternately, you can enable NTFS compression to regain space that you lost because of an incorrect cluster size. However, this may result in decreased performance.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/814594/how-to-locate-and-correct-disk-space-problems-on-ntfs-volumes?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C6849226311

• downvote

Aravi191 days ago

Hi @shotokan1

What the color means ?

White - Free Space
Gray - Unused Space
Blue - Folder
Green - File
Red - Fragments
Yellow - System File
Purple - MFT (Master File Table)

What are the option your have?

Defragment - This operation will concatenate fragmented files into one chunk so as to accelerate file-reading speed and free additional available space though a little. (Files that can't be moved or are locked will be skipped.)
Quick Optimization - This operation will defragment fragmented files and rearrange small files (only) to concatenate storage areas to free up disk space.
Full Optimization - This operation will defragment fragmented files and rearrange all files (fragmented or not) to concatenate storage areas to free up disk space.
Analyze - This operation will only analyze and show you the disk fragments.

http://www.wisecleaner.com/wisecare365/help/en/disk_defrag.html

1) Some orange files will be left which are not safe to defreg. You can try to defreg in safe mode.

2) Full Optimization optimizes the files in the best way that your system can access then fastly. So it is not required to be arranged as single portion. I run during my lunch or dinner break.

3) For list :-

4) suggest list:-

5) OVER_LIMIT :-

6) (count) of fragmented files :- It is shown in % not as number of files.

For 3 to 6, I am too a user I feal that it should be given. I hope the wise admin will reply you.

Regards,

• downvote

shotokan1191 days ago

This is interesting and even useful; but it disregards the questions, which are about WiseCare365 defrag utility.

Also, this answer is badly formatted and difficult to read.

Offering help with other defragmenters (such as the Windows defrag utility) might solve my problem, but please be aware that I am defragmenting the C (OS) drive of a Windows XP laptop. I think the above article is all about later versions of Windows, although it's not clear if some of the info may apply to Windows XP.

• downvote

Aravi191 days ago

@shotokan1

Sorry I will try to answer you more better next time.

• downvote

Aravi191 days ago

@WiseCleaner_admin
Plz look into this question.

• downvote

shotokan1191 days ago

My above response was for the first answer (from Flyshield).

The next answer (from Aravi) addresses the WiseCare365 product that I asked about; and after presenting some basic overview, it answers or acknowledges my actual questions. (Thank you!)

Still hoping for additional information and advice.

• downvote

shotokan1191 days ago

@Aravi
Are you sure that Orange cells are those that do not get defragmented? I thought that fragments are red (per the documentation you pasted). That's why I wonder if Orange means undetermined.

I will try Full Optimization in Safe Mode to see if that helps.

Can anyone say if WiseCare365 can defragment files larger that 64 Mb? I keep seeing references that the Windows defrag utility cannot -- although it's not clear if this applies to XP or to later Windows versions or to both/all, and this 64 Mb limit appears to be controlled by a parameter (I'd like to learn how to set this, unless it's the volume cluster size and would require reformatting)

• downvote

Aravi191 days ago

Hi @shotokan1

The simple example is:- any file that is currently running can not be moved from its place. Any background program's files which are currently running can't be defregemented due to the same reason. It is called "not safe to move". The best way is to defreg in safe mode.

I was too using wise defregement tool previourly. I have switched and used Wise365 for past 3 years in windows 7 PC. It is just one click to optimize your entire PC. What I will suggest you about WiseCare365 is that we need to wory about how it works and defregment larger files. The major advantage is that I will not have many tools in background for same purpose, so my backgroud program load is also lowered.

I have experemented many tools but I feel WiseCare365 is the best. I just do the work that all required by you. Just we have to use it in recommended mode.

Regards,

• downvote
    You have to sign in to answer a question, sign up if you don't have an account.

Hot Topics
    thefirtid This is the programming language ?
    Teresita Can a laptop not be damaged if it is use daily without its battery?
    layls1071 Better place to buy electronics
    ChessKing Is it possible to sharpen the photo?
    AAA1992 Best topic for create a blog?
    saifbaraka Can the gt 1030 fit in the hp 8200 elite sff pc?
    listaccount102 What are the pros and cons of making friends online?
    glassy What is the best VPN to use in China?
    Blackscorp Difference between mp4 and mov
    Ben_k_96 A palmiped's feet are more commonly called what?
    Recent users who have won rewards.
    abdelhamidtsouli won $2
    abdelhamidtsouli won $1
    YannisMaxian won $1
    nuklin won $1
    nuklin won $1
    ab1936 won $1
    allthekong won $1
    hafiz_abubakr won $1
    a454545 won $1
    ha14 won $1
    Latest Topics
    ditmemayen Music for the event.
    Peggy2 IDE for Compile C++ comand line ?
    AAA1992 I exchange 150 point to 5 dollar cash, but they Did not apply its ??
    Ben_k_96 A palmiped's feet are more commonly called what?
    Blackscorp What’s the Best Programming Language to Learn in 2017?
    abdelhamidtsouli String et stringbuffer sont-elles compatible
    abdelhamidtsouli String et stringbuffer sont-elles compatible ?
    Blackscorp Difference between mp4 and mov
    rmswenson747 Wise folder hider - failed to load driver
    saifbaraka Can the gt 1030 fit in the hp 8200 elite sff pc?
    Get free dollars by installing euask App.