Euask
A community for mutual assistance and knowledge sharing

Computer won't boot after car crash Reward $2
Created by HatsuneMiku, 572 days ago, 1396 views

Heya everyone... Super bad all the parts come for my computer the computer worked fine before but had overheating problems so I brought it a powerful cpu cooler has it fitted by a professional, but on the way home I had a bad car crash about 30mph into a parked car

The computer looked alright the only issue was the Ram had snapped the holder and was out but I just put it in another slot the only other thing was one of the motherboards integrated chips cool sink looked a little lose

I thought it would be fine I plugged it in turned it on and all the fans come on, but thats it I don't even get a post beep or a display or anything

Not sure how I could even tell what's broken but any help would be greatly appreciated

Facebook Twitter Google+ Addthis

ha14572 days ago

@HatsuneMiku

Best to get a new motherboard, if repairing is not done by professionals, then you can have serious problems, like melting, even explosion....

• downvote

chakramed572 days ago

@HatsuneMiku
well there is one thing to do so you can decide which part is broken try to connect your laptop with external LCD screen if it come on the your integrated lcd not fine else then all your motherboard is useless

thats all i can help you with i hope you recover your laoptop soon .

Regards,

• downvote

acex572 days ago

Check to see if the hard disk connection is loose.

• downvote

HatsuneMiku572 days ago

@ha14 the motherboard hasn't been repaired I just had a new cooler added but if it's a problem with the bored then it's gonna cost me any £120 for a new one...

• downvote

Pravy572 days ago

@HatsuneMiku. I would suggest first checking out the power supply or the SMPS is fine or not. If the SMPS is fine then next comes your motherboard. Check if the cables for power are all connected and any soldering from the motherboard is off in that area.
Your best bet is if the SMPS is at fault. If it's not then your better off getting a whole new PC.
First check the power, then we can troubleshoot further.

• downvote

HatsuneMiku572 days ago

@chakramed thanks but he's a PC not a laptop~

• downvote

HatsuneMiku572 days ago

@acex the hard drives weren't plugged in to start with I thought maybe that was why but after plugging them all in I still got no luck

• downvote

ha14571 days ago

@HatsuneMiku

well hardware problem difficult to fix, try to reset cmos battery, try to boot on a live cd.....

• downvote

HatsuneMiku572 days ago

@ha14 I did try resetting CMOS but it made no difference, I'm gonna take it back to the computer shop tomorrow but frankly I don't know if they will know what's up with it either

• downvote

brendaniel571 days ago

@HatsuneMiku
It should be the ram, try remove the ram and clean it, then clean the ram slot holes, if that doesn't work, try get another ram and test it, if that doesn't still work, then I think you might need to change your motherboard...

• downvote

musemCcain571 days ago

don't freak out. i think it s just the hard drive not well connected. try o check all the cable and connectors. good luck

i had the same issue before

• downvote

chakramed571 days ago

@HatsuneMiku
in that way i think you need some hardwear reparation dont try any thing you dont know the results maybe you can make more Glitches.

Regards,

• downvote

HatsuneMiku571 days ago

Omg kinda just wasted all your time... The idiot that put it all together for me forgot to plug in the CPU power cable thing I plugged it in and it's fine lol was a hell of a lot of hassle to get the RAID working tho... Had to go via floppy to get windows to recognise the drivers, I thought that kinda weird for a modern gigabyte board

• downvote

nihal29571 days ago

@HatsuneMiku
Ram issue ! Try other ram or in other slot .

• downvote

Aravi570 days ago

Hi @HatsuneMiku

If problem is solved then fine. If you have issue live beep sound and computer don't boot the count the beep sound and search for beep code in you pc manufacturer website. Because it will tell you the exact error reason. You will be able to solve problem immediately.

For windows wired problem. If you have removed cmos battery without proper bios backup. Try to repair install the windows. If that fails, try to reinstall the windows.

Regards,

• downvote
    You have to sign in to answer a question, sign up if you don't have an account.

Hot Topics
    himdol88 Please let me know the way to check hide files.
    AMITK Why windows store games more smooth and take less cpu+ram work then other?
    limtengyong Wise Anti Malware Pro
    AMITK Best way to use cracked software for just temporary?
    debbiejohnson1254 How to recover corrupted Exchange server EDB file data
    cotaone Disk defragmenter not allowing me to position files
    Recent users who have won rewards.
    ha14 won $1
    ChessKing won $1
    ChessKing won $1
    chakramed won $1
    ChessKing won $1
    dastkhat won $5
    ChessKing won $1
    Adamsh won $1
    ha14 won $1
    tecask_support won $1
    Latest Topics
    cotaone Disk defragmenter not allowing me to position files
    termezo Where I can find best flight deals?
    bigwrench K7 Total security
    Stardust What is a sealy hybrid mattress?
    AMITK Best way to use cracked software for just temporary?
    AMITK Why windows store games more smooth and take less cpu+ram work then other?
    limtengyong Wise Anti Malware Pro
    debbiejohnson1254 How to recover corrupted Exchange server EDB file data
    himdol88 Please let me know the way to check hide files.
    tecask How to contact norton antivirus technical support customer service phone number ?
    Get free dollars by installing euask App.