Euask
A community for mutual assistance and knowledge sharing

How to make my bedroom cosy? Reward $2
Created by quiz, 385 days ago, 776 views

How to make my bedroom cosy?
Facebook Twitter Google+ Addthis

pustoi11385 days ago

"Warm" color shades and a comfortable bed. dim the lights and no let the daylight Sliding curtains. This basic rule bedrooms, everything else a matter of taste.

• downvote

brendaniel385 days ago

@quiz

Get Rid of Your Top Sheet. That thing is useless. It drives me insane, and we only put it on our beds because it CAME with the bottom sheet so we feel like we should.

Use it to make some coordinating pillows or something.
Add some fairy lights. I love doing this. It makes your bedroom feel like your own private party. And isn’t that what a bedroom SHOULD feel like? Also, as an added bonus, you will look amazing under the soft glow.

And while we are at it, lighting is seriously important. Lamps are boring and so your mom’s bedroom. Add a super cool statement light next to your bed. You can make your own.
Add a big fluffy faux fur throw. This makes your bed look totally chic, but has the added bonus of keeping your warm when your husband steals all your covers. Meanie.

Forget the cotton sheets. Linen is the way to go. Yeah, I know it’s more expensive, but they last longer and they feel like a night at an expensive hotel.

Get a headboard. This isn’t college anymore, stop sleeping on just a bed frame. And if you can’t afford an expensive one, just make your own for less than a hundred bucks.
Add a fluffy fantastic pillow top. Here’s the thing, pillow top mattresses are insanely expensive, and you can’t flip them to save on the wear and tear. So, just buy the top and stick it on top of your mattress instead.

Layer your rugs. It looks ultra chic and gives your feet somewhere nice and squishy to land when you wake up.
Make your own throw pillows. It always blows my mind how expensive throw pillows are, so I just make my own. I am terrible at sewing, but it’s pretty easy to do.

Get two comforters. This is my favorite bed hack of all time. I never even make my bed, I just sort of toss these around with some coordinating sheets to make everything look mega lived in and cozy.

If you can, stick your bed in a nook. It will feel like a little hug. And who doesn’t love a little hug?
Or create your own by adding a canopy.
Add a photo wall above your bed. Use frames, don’t use frames– do whatever you want. This is the best way I know to display family photos!

White is so cozy. I know, I know– everyone loves cute colored sheets that match, but there is something so classically cozy about white.

Don’t make your bed. Ever. Even when you change the sheets, just sort of throw everything on in the general direction it needs to be. Nothing is less cozy than a bed that is all stiff and boring!

• downvote

nuklin385 days ago

A cosy bedroom is basically warm, comfortable and safe. Now let us consider the following:

WARM:

1. Consider warm colors or color blends like red, yellow and orange. These colors are referred to as such because they resemble fire and evoke feelings of warmth.

2. Adjust the Lighting to not too bright but deem and warm like Vintage-look Filament Lamp – Orange.

3. Have a pile of pillows and a thick bed sheet to go with.

4. Maintain thick curtains and keep them shot

5. keep your rug neat and warm.

6. Burn seasoned firewood.

7. Open the damper as wide as possible to increase the amount of air to the fire.

8. Clean your chimney once a year.

9. Replace the screen in front of the fireplace with tempered glass doors, and keep the doors closed while a fire is burning.

COMFORTABLE:

This has to do with how well you position your furniture and other pieces of items in your room for convenience.

1. Position your furniture strategically to have a good feel of the warmth from the fireplace and at the same time be well spaced for relaxation.

2. Have a good blend of related or mixed colors for your wall, curtain, bed sheet, pillow case, rug and furniture.

3. Keep a bed side lamp to keep it cool and warm.

SAFE:

This has to do with the arrangement of your room for safety and to avoid unforeseen, unnecessary accidents.

1. Keep your pieces of furniture away from any passage or access.

2. Have your laundry well packed in a designated shelf in the wardrobe.

3. Don’t litter with objects, be sure to place all items where they belong.

4. Repair all cracks or deformations on the wall or furniture to avoid accidents or pest encroachment.

5. Install bright lights to be used when necessary at nights to avoid loss of sight that deem warm lights cannot capture.

Finally, all these factors depend on who uses the bedroom.

If it’s for you and your spouse consider his or her preference also.

If it’s for your child or children be sure to make it colorful in a proper blend like shades of blue, green and violet, and the colors are said to remind one of cool things like water or grass

For more: http://www.hgtv.com/design/rooms/bedrooms/15-budget-friendly-ideas-for-a-cozy-bedroom-pictures

https://www.reference.com/science/warm-colors-9dba2a8c39eafd2a

http://www.integral-led.com/education/warm-white-or-cool-white. Goodluck!!

• downvote

serezha381 days ago

Hi! I think flowers and several kinds of pastel shaded cloth will help you to make any room cosy. My wife did that with our bedroom. Good luck!

• downvote

starparticle381 days ago

@quiz
everybody is probably saying decorate, colors, paintings, fireplace...blah...you need a negative ion generator,....they say those little fountains work but they are a pain and dont work like actual ion generators you can get which you plug in and forget about...many air purifiers these days has an ion setting....i have used them for years now....nothing like coming home to a calm serene place.

• downvote

igor367 days ago

Install a fireplace.

• downvote

ha14366 days ago

@quiz
1.Adjust the Lighting. From the fireplace to the plush bedding to the warm area rug, this room exemplifies cozy living. ...
2.Make Use of Texture. ...
3.Blend Old and New. ...
4.Try a Tufted Headboard. ...
5.Pile on the Pillows. ...
6.Put in a Faux Fireplace. ...
7.Mix Patterns. ...
8.Place Furniture Strategically.

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Your-Bedroom-Look-Cosy

http://galadarling.com/article/5-easy-ways-to-make-your-bedroom-a-magical-hideaway/

• downvote

wunduful42365 days ago

wunduful@nuklin
thanks 4 some very useful tips. except I prefer my bed to be fully made. to me a well made bed in inviting

• downvote
    You have to sign in to answer a question, sign up if you don't have an account.

Hot Topics
    Recent users who have won rewards.
    yanka457 won $1
    MAKEROFMONY2 won $1
    muthu won $1
    Surfer won $1
    ha14 won $1
    sonmeoo won $1
    Phani won $2
    ha14 won $1
    nuklin won $1
    ha14 won $1
    Latest Topics
    Icuska Mi a a 2016 évi téli divat szín??
    Wise_EPL Forgot Haircut Name
    quiz How to make my bedroom cosy?
    1633 How Often Should You Color Your Hair?
    Danyil What does the fox say.
    chandois Do Men truly have a Preference?
    rakib0163 Hair Fall Stoper
    imspecialwinner Why white heads not stoping OVERNIGHT
    anjumskt77 How can i remove the unwanted hair from my face forever?
    VIRUS Любовь Давайте разбираться!!!!
    Get free dollars by installing euask App.