Euask
A community for mutual assistance and knowledge sharing

What books would you read twice or more times? Reward $2
Created by seac, 459 days ago, 1241 views

What books would you read twice or more times?
Facebook Twitter Google+ Addthis

Aravi459 days ago

Hi @seac

I think that is my collage book!!!

Regards,

• downvote

jdfromtn458 days ago

Swan Song by Robert McGammon

• downvote

Yuri458 days ago

I have read the Bible many times. Always I find something new.

• downvote

jazzyjoyce458 days ago

the holy Bible

• downvote

willie458 days ago

You need a list ?????

• downvote

iengkimhao458 days ago

i think romantic book

• downvote

Reniferek458 days ago

The Last Wish, by Andrzej Sapkowski. It's the first part of the Witcher saga, definetly worth reading

• downvote

threeball458 days ago

The Bible,War and peace,In cold blood,The Odyssey,The sound and the fury,One thousand and one nights, Gone with the wind,The call of the wild, and last but not necessarily least, The 42nd Parallel

• downvote

maren458 days ago

The Holy Blood and the Holy Grail from authors Michael Baigent , Henry Lincoln, and Richard Leigh

About book: authors of The Messianic Legacy, spent over 10 years on their own kind of quest for the Holy Grail, into the secretive history of early France. What they found, researched with the tenacity and attention to detail that befits any great quest, is a tangled and intricate story of politics and faith that reads like a mystery novel. It is the story of the Knights Templar, and a behind-the-scenes society called the Prieure de Sion, and its involvement in reinstating descendants of the Merovingian bloodline into political power. Why? The authors of Holy Blood, Holy Grail assert that their explorations into early history ultimately reveal that Jesus may not have died on the cross, but lived to marry and father children whose bloodline continues today. The authors' point here is not to compromise or to demean Jesus, but to offer another, more complete perspective of Jesus as God's incarnation in man. The power of this secret, which has been carefully guarded for hundreds of years, has sparked much controversy. For all the sensationalism and hoopla surrounding Holy Blood, Holy Grail and the alternate history that it outlines, the authors are careful to keep their perspective and sense of skepticism alive in its pages, explaining carefully and clearly how they came to draw such combustible conclusions. --Jodie Buller
Review

This book inspired auhor of Da Vinchi Code to write his novel, but this group authors claim that
there is word about copyright infringement. Author Da Vinchi code is processed and lose process. He need to pay for copyright infringement .

I highly recommend this book for reading. Not only this book, this and others book from this authors.

If you don't like these books, always can read book like "GRAPES OF WRATH" (Pullicer awarded)

• downvote

VoAfon458 days ago

war and peace - War and Peace is well known as being one of the longest novels ever written, though not the longest.

Tolstoy began writing War and Peace in the year that he finally married and settled down at his country estate. The first half of the book was written under the name "1805". During the writing of the second half, he read widely and acknowledged Schopenhauer as one of his main inspirations. However, Tolstoy developed his own views of history and the role of the individual within it.[10]

The first draft of the novel was completed in 1863. In 1865, the periodical Russkiy Vestnik (The Russian Messenger) published the first part of this draft under the title 1805 and published more the following year. Tolstoy was dissatisfied with this version, although he allowed several parts of it to be published with a different ending in 1867. He heavily rewrote the entire novel between 1866 and 1869.[5][10] Tolstoy's wife, Sophia Tolstaya, copied as many as seven separate complete manuscripts before Tolstoy considered it again ready for publication.[10] The version that was published in Russkiy Vestnik had a very different ending from the version eventually published under the title War and Peace in 1869. Russians who had read the serialized version were anxious to buy the complete novel, and it sold out almost immediately. The novel was translated almost immediately after publication into many other languages.

It is unknown why Tolstoy changed the name to War and Peace. He may have borrowed the title from the 1861 work of Pierre-Joseph Proudhon: La Guerre et la Paix ("The War and the Peace" in French).[4] The title may also be another reference to Titus, described as being a master of "war and peace" in The Twelve Caesars, written by Suetonius in 119 CE. The completed novel was then called Voyna i mir (Война и мир in new-style orthography; in English War and Peace).

The 1805 manuscript was re-edited and annotated in Russia in 1983 and since has been translated into English, German, French, Spanish, Dutch, Swedish, Finnish, Albanian, Korean and Czech. The existence of so many versions make this work one of the best insights into the mental processes of a great novelist.

Tolstoy was instrumental in bringing a new kind of consciousness to the novel. His narrative structure is noted for its "god-like" ability to hover over and within events, but also in the way it swiftly and seamlessly portrayed a particular character's point of view. His use of visual detail is often cinematic in scope, using the literary equivalents of panning, wide shots and close-ups. These devices, while not exclusive to Tolstoy, are part of the new style of the novel that arose in the mid-19th century and of which Tolstoy proved himself a master.[11]

The standard Russian text of War and Peace is divided into four books (fifteen parts) and an epilogue in two parts. Roughly the first half is concerned strictly with the fictional characters, whereas the later parts, and the second part of the epilogue, increasingly consist of essays about the nature of war, power, history, and historiography. Tolstoy interspersed these essays into the story in a way that defies previous fictional convention. Certain abridged versions remove these essays entirely, while others, published even during Tolstoy's life, simply moved these essays into an appendix. ------- Alice in Wonderland - Alice in Wonderland was written in a very unusual way. The author used “nonsense verses”, a process of treating logic in an ironic way. It was done by playing strange word games with apparently no signification, presenting absurd rhymes, and asking riddles that had no answer. For instance, many of the names of characters are word games (the Cheshire cat, the March Hare…). Moreover Carroll likes to invent neologisms such as ‘uglification’ or ‘muchness’. They create a singular atmosphere in the book. :)

• downvote

meena3222457 days ago

I want read more time the " RAMAYAN (India) " !

• downvote

tron49457 days ago

The Qur'an

• downvote

aliasadullah457 days ago

The holy Quraan @seac

• downvote

CarlCairo457 days ago

Hello @seac

The books that I realy want to read without stopping, even lose sleep because of it.

• downvote

doganyigit456 days ago

book is read once stays brain cells.

• downvote

ELahiawy456 days ago

Gospel book repeat more than once.

• downvote

seac456 days ago

@willie
Yes

• downvote

seac456 days ago

@CarlCairo
Which one?

• downvote

seac456 days ago

@doganyigit
I can not do it.

• downvote

smell456 days ago

人间失格

• downvote

serezha455 days ago

Hi! I'd like to read "The Great Gatsby" by Fitzgerald, "Billiard at half past nine" by Henrikh Böll ones more. And "The Cherry garden" by Anton Chekhov even more than ones. And of course, I will do it!!!
Good luck!

• downvote

mssjerry453 days ago

@seac The Holy Bible, the Word of God!!! Read for your entire life!! It's true and does not contradict itself. It is Redemptive History.

• downvote

mssjerry453 days ago

@Aravi
It sure does sound like you not only didn't go to college, now I see why!! I did that in Grammar School.

• downvote

dragondisastor452 days ago

General Knowledge,

Important facts about world, Places , Monuments , Cultures of different countries, Learning different languages, and Paintings

World Geography,History, and life science of human

• downvote

inessaigner451 days ago

Have you heard Salem Falls by Jodi Picoult? it's a really good one.

• downvote

alienflyer451 days ago

HEIRS of the GODS.

• downvote

igor450 days ago

Jerome K. Jerome "Three Men in a Boat (to say nothing of the dog)";The Gentle Grafter, by O. Henry;The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas;Crime And Punishment. F. Dostoevsky;Moby Dick Or The Whale by Herman Melville-My favorite books.

• downvote

Ronika450 days ago

Михаэль Энде "Бесконечная книга"

• downvote

Alirio450 days ago

A beautiful novella "The Little Prince" check it out on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Little_Prince
Teachings for life "The Art of War" check it out on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Art_of_War

• downvote

rudeboyalex450 days ago

Well,I would read Harry Potter again :D.

• downvote

RevG448 days ago

Each and every one of Jean Craighead George's books are ones worth reading time and again. Some, but not all, of George's books are Newberry Award Winners. Titles by George that I would read again and again include My Side of the Mountain and Julie of the Wolves. Call of the Crow is another great George book.

As far as business books are concerned, any of Ken Blanchard's books on the subject have proven worth the read, as well as revisits. I am particularly fond of The Heart of a Leader by Ken Blanchard.

As far as psychology titles, definitely Christine Ann Lawson's Understanding the Borderline Mother: A Guide for Helping Her Children Transcend.... Lawson really explains a very unfamiliar subject matter's experiences.

Now, if you have not read A Child Called It, you've missed one that is sure to change your life. Its worth revisiting just to remind you of others' struggles and hardships.

• downvote

pustoi11448 days ago

good books I read. but, what do you think of good literature, depends on your development and education. but to guess whether your tastes are the same as mine, it makes no sense.

• downvote

Franzak448 days ago

All books from TOM CLANCY, just great

• downvote

starparticle408 days ago

@seac
Susan Sontag's "On Photography"..get audio version...its AWESOME!

• downvote

Pamela405 days ago

The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings

• downvote

verden392 days ago

As A Man Thinketh by James Allen. I read it cover to cover daily to get it absorbed into action.

• downvote
    You have to sign in to answer a question, sign up if you don't have an account.

Hot Topics
    Recent users who have won rewards.
    yanka457 won $1
    MAKEROFMONY2 won $1
    muthu won $1
    Surfer won $1
    ha14 won $1
    sonmeoo won $1
    Phani won $2
    ha14 won $1
    nuklin won $1
    ha14 won $1
    Latest Topics
    Pravy Is there a light at the end of the road?
    selcinor What step to take when taking essay examination
    Aleks111 Где найти эзотерические знания?
    rh150916 Please help me find the names of these characters.
    Danyil Where I can buy Magic Stick of Harry Potter?
    selcinor What is the different between judgment and judgement, which one is universally correct.
    Wise_EPL A Religious & Fiction Christmas Poem
    5thPersonToTalk "Manga and Anime"
    BrohmMateo Is there a version of The Winter's Tale by Shakespeare in which the character Dorcas is also a narrator?
    omarktm è accertato ke sopra la panca la capra campa.....
    Get free dollars by installing euask App.