A community for mutual assistance and knowledge sharing

My computer is really running slow Reward $2
Created by nonejw, 571 days ago, 1383 views

When I click on an icon I have to wait a long time before it opens. When I clicked on type of question on this page, I waited about two to three minutes .
Facebook Twitter Google+ Addthis

ha14571 days ago

Automatically diagnose and repair Windows file and folder problems

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

which windows you have?

Fix broken desktop shortcuts and common system maintenance tasks

• downvote

ralphfurgason571 days ago

I would suggest turning your PC off and restarting it. That often resolves that problem.

I don't know if you are running a good virus remover or not? If you do, or don't have one, go to and download the free trial version of Professional Anti Spyware. Then run it to clean your system. I have found this anti virus superior to all other including Norton and McAfee . This may resolve your issue.

If it doesn't then click your start button at the lower left, then click, "All Programs." after they open select, "Accessories." When opened scroll down to, "System tools," and click it. Once it is open click on, "System Restore." Then follow the prompts. This will restore your system to it's original condition. It will NOT affect your documents, or other programs.

• downvote

charlesakinney571 days ago

You might want to head over to and use their TCP/IP Analyzer and see if that shows anything. They also have a good forum to ask questions. Free to get an account and ask away. I hesitate to offer any kind of checks or look at things. It depends on your level of computer experience. Restart the computer is my only recommendation. I hesitate because if the restart doesn't work it's better to peruse the forums where experts lay out detailed plans of attack for such problems. -Chuck

• downvote

ha14571 days ago

restarting pc wont help or it is not definitive solution if the problems has a long history and also the restore point must be when there was no problem but it shouldnt be ruled out sometime it just works with no real explanation :)

• downvote

Aravi571 days ago

Hi @nonejw

Kindly follow the below steps:

1) scan for malware. Kindly search and download Malwarebytes and scan your pc.

2) download and scan with wise 365. This will delete all the junk files + register error.

3) defreg your drivers. One the search tab of windows type will get default defreg tool of windows. Defreg all driver.

4) make sure you don't multiple antivirus. This will to slow down the pc like a snail.

5) check for disk error. Open command prompt > type chkdsk /f/x/r. It will prompt you for confirmation. Type y and enter. Restart your pc.

6) check for resource file error. In command prompt> type sfc/scannow. This is a default repair tool for windows.

• downvote

ihenlomen571 days ago

try adding another RAM. It maybe due to too much processes which consumes memory space.

• downvote

pustoi11571 days ago

install wise cleaner. what percentage of CPU utilization on the widget? while I can only suggest to disable unnecessary startup programs. check the Internet connection speed.

• downvote

JeremyS563 days ago

bottom left corner, right click>>> run>>>>type %temp%>>>>select all and delete... repeat ad type prefetch>>>select all and delete.......then file explore right click C: file and run disc cleanup and resart and the difference will speak for me >>>have a blessed day

• downvote

yogisugandi25563 days ago

Tip: This page only covers an overall slow computer and not a computer that has a slow boot up or slow Internet.
Below are steps for Microsoft Windows users that can help speed up the computer or determine why the computer is running slow.

If your computer has not been rebooted recently, make sure to reboot it before following any of the steps below.
Background programs

One of the most common reasons for a slow computer are programs running in the background. Remove or disable any TSRs and startup programs that automatically start each time the computer boots.
Tip: To see what programs are running in the background and how much memory and CPU they are using, open Task Manager. If you are running Windows 7 or higher, run Resmon to get a better understanding of how your computer is being used.
If you have an antivirus scanner on the computer, spyware protection program, or another security utility, make sure it is not scanning your computer in the background. If a scan is in progress, it can decrease the overall performance of your computer. If this is the case, allow the scan to complete, and the computer's performance should improve.
Delete temp files

As a computer runs programs, temporary files are stored on the hard drive. Deleting these temp files can help improve computer performance.
First, we suggest using the Windows Disk Cleanup utility to delete temporary files and other files no longer needed on the computer.
Temporary folderUnfortunately, the Disk Cleanup may not delete every file in the temp directory. Therefore, we also suggest deleting temporary files manually. To do this, open the Start menu and type %temp% in the Search field. In Windows XP and prior, click the Run option in the Start menu and enter %temp% in the Run field. Press Enter and a Temp folder should open. You can delete all files found in this folder and, if any files are in use and cannot be deleted, they can be skipped.

• downvote

VeraSoul563 days ago

Wise 365 can clean your PC and make it faster, but you should give a try to Reg Organizer, Have a look at it on: (please use Google Translator to translate it into english cause the article is written in spanish).

Im working with both Wise 365 and Reg Organizer and my PC is running very good, even when it boots up.

• downvote

barry777562 days ago

wisecare works well

• downvote

MrDeng562 days ago

There was a time that my computer is so slow like yours ,I think may be my computer was infected with virus ,and I download some software to clean the virus ,but consequently my computer is also slow ,my computer is not cheap so I am very puzzled. Until the day that I reinstalled my computer system,my computer became quick as the first time I played with it . So I suggeste you reinstall your computer system,it is a good way.

• downvote

wim562 days ago

Disable superfetch in services and reboot.

• downvote

Jazzman561 days ago

some time you have to many programs running at one time and try to delete all your cookies some time that will speed it up good luck....

• downvote

vanya561 days ago

You need a cleaning, fixing problems product. all are free, wise care 365, slim leaner and system mechanic - the free trial will be enough for everything. also AVG will help quite a lot. :)

• downvote

vanya561 days ago

i mean slim cleaner. only the 2 last options are paid, but you have 30 days trial. try not to mess with the settings too much....

• downvote

vanya561 days ago

the wise care can be set to clean everyday while you dont work, or once a week.

• downvote

joro559 days ago

I am running an old laptop with Vista and to top it off my service is a 1.5 mb one. The two programs I use to keep it running like a scared cat is Advance System Care )free ver) and CCleaner (free ver). ASC also has a Performance Monitor which will show you the status of your RAM and you can release RAM which also helps. Speaking of RAM do you have the max that your unit can use? I also noticed someone recommended Malwarw Bytes which I also recommend. CCleaner can also show you what is running at start up and you can make changes there. There are many features on the recommended pgms and once you master most of them I would hope your slow unit will chase my scared cat too. Good luck.

• downvote

nihal29559 days ago

hi @nonejw.
TRY THESE METHODS to faster pc optimisation =
2. link =

• downvote

msg808559 days ago

Try the disk defragmentor option in your control panel before downloading more apps off of internet.

• downvote

DOZER554 days ago

• downvote

Letrix554 days ago

Best solution:

If your PC is old, install a lite Windows version.

• downvote

Adot554 days ago

Trace back to when the problem started
Did you install new h/w, s/w or install any updates?
Check how many programs are loading at startup
If you have an antivirus program, check to see if it is set to scan at startup
Clean up the temp folder
Run a check for malware...Malwarebyes is a good program
Run chkdsk /r

• downvote

Tactics554 days ago

add a SSD will be better

• downvote

azzzaza554 days ago

verify if there is at least 200-500MB in the hard disk

• downvote
    You have to sign in to answer a question, sign up if you don't have an account.

Hot Topics
    Doc1961 How to delete dead apps from a Laptop???
    AAA1992 What is best Browser for android
    Macyew What are your thoughts about detox diets and drinks?
    ab1936 Android device Rooting
    referi777 мобильные устройства
    Richlandvaughans4992 Error on wise malware beta
    leo7703 License Activation does not work
    jfdke Unsafe to clean Unsafe to clean
    Mileuy Do you know some nice online service for making quality lapel pins?
    Macyew What are some not expensive gifts for a video game geek?
    Recent users who have won rewards.
    ha14 won $1
    ha14 won $3
    Aguru won $1
    ab1936 won $1
    andiupn won $1
    muthu won $1
    Noth1ng1sSom3th1ng won $1
    FixitJorge won $1
    MAKEROFMONY2 won $1
    thsigit won $1
    Latest Topics
    Dakilla Is there a service for recharging Internet in India?
    Macyew Do you know any good mattress brands which are comfortable and reliable?
    JeremyQE Which are some goo LED lamps for indoor growing?
    Macyew I need to build a nice website for my travel agency. What are my options?
    Dakilla What is the best way to build a website for my mobile game?
    Lostmine Presentation templates
    Manora Did anyone try educational computer games for kids?
    omarwa Euask will keep one category way?
    anhot Web fonts design
    referi777 мобильные устройства
    Get free dollars by installing euask App.