Euask
A community for mutual assistance and knowledge sharing

How to have a good beefsteak at home? Reward $2
Created by ready, 491 days ago, 758 views

Can you show me how to cook beefsteak at home?
Facebook Twitter Google+ Addthis

pustoi11491 days ago

OK, take a deep breath and start off with a steak that is at least 1-inch thick (strip steak, t-bone, porterhouse, etc.) — anything thinner will likely dry out, and anything thicker makes it difficult to gauge doneness. No matter which cooking style you choose, begin by sprinkling the meat with a good dose of salt and pepper. I also like to take a crushed garlic clove and rub it all over the beef. If you’d like, try marinating the steak, but this isn’t necessary for any of the techniques below.

Now, let’s review our cooking options:

1. Fry:

Simply put, you’re tossing a hunk of beef into a frying pan. Fire up a pan on medium heat, and warm up a teaspoon of oil for a minute, and then lay your steak in the pan. (Make sure you turn on your stovetop fan and keep your pan covered because this tends to be a smoky job.) A 1-inch thick steak should cook for about 4 minutes on each side, depending on how you like it cooked.

2. Oven Roasting:

Restaurants often use this method of cooking steak, but it requires two steps:

Pre-heat the oven to 450 degrees F and grab a heavy frying pan that’s oven-safe (like one of those black cast iron skillets your mom used to use).
Turn the burner or element on high heat, and warm up that skillet until it’s piping hot.
Drop a teaspoon of oil in the pan and let it heat up
Using tongs, gently put the steak in the pan and sear it for about 90 seconds on each side. This locks in the juices.
Now, place the pan in the oven to finish cooking. Roast the meat for 6-9 minutes, depending on how you like it cooked.
If you don’t have an iron skillet, all hope is not lost. Use a regular frying pan to sear the steak, and then transfer it and all the juices to an oven-safe pan to finish the roasting process.

• downvote

Aravi491 days ago

Hi @ready

Also find the below recipes in the link:

http://allrecipes.com/recipes/475/meat-and-poultry/beef/steaks/

Regards,

• downvote

Chienyp490 days ago

You should go to youtube and watch the video tutorial. There are many ways to choose

• downvote

ralphfurgason488 days ago

Or type, "cooking beef steak," into your browser. That will give you a lot of interesting ideas.

• downvote

threeball487 days ago

You Tube as Chienyp suggests,believe me no matter how you like your expensive cut,they have a vid to cover it.

• downvote
    You have to sign in to answer a question, sign up if you don't have an account.

Hot Topics
    Recent users who have won rewards.
    yanka457 won $1
    MAKEROFMONY2 won $1
    muthu won $1
    Surfer won $1
    ha14 won $1
    sonmeoo won $1
    Phani won $2
    ha14 won $1
    nuklin won $1
    ha14 won $1
    Latest Topics
    myplanet Need to end relationship to an alcholic
    Jhony18 What shall I cook?
    selcinor What can I eat that will reduce calories in my body.
    Danyil Where I can buy PS Vita which cost a little?
    Dorota Piwo i jego właściwości
    July What is your favorite dessert?
    daybyday What would you eat when you don't want to eat anything?
    maksimos1970 Where is produced brandy "Manas"
    au52 What do you prefer to eat as snacks?
    AF Some ways to make child eat more?
    Get free dollars by installing euask App.