Euask
A community for mutual assistance and knowledge sharing

Do you read books? Reward $2
Created by braz68, 505 days ago, 923 views

Prefer physical or digital book? What would you read again?
Facebook Twitter Google+ Addthis

√ Best Answer

Vanish007505 days ago

Yes, I read book. I like physical book and I would again read Ivanhoe, nice book.

• downvote

Aravi505 days ago

Hi @braz68
I like digital books. They are easy to maintain then digital books.

I mostly read web designing related books and tips the mostly.

Regards,

• downvote

Elderwand8505 days ago

If you don't want to take up space, read digital books. But I prefer physical books because they're easier to navigate, and I like reading something material that I can "feel".

• downvote

badabumchacha505 days ago

with an ebook reader like kindle you can buy books at a very low price then actual books, they won't cut more trees to make more books if people were willing to read books in a digital format. in kindle or kobo, and others, the screen is not very bright like in a cell phone, it looks like paper, and this won't hurt your eyes. in my opinion the digital is better, i like them real too, but i prefer them in a digital way. also when you find a strange word, when reading with an ebook reader, you can tap the word and it will appear the dictionary function, immediatly. so, there are many additional functions to a digital book that is red in a ebook reader.

• downvote

ckoch505 days ago

I read online now because I get a lot of free books. Why not

• downvote

MarianaM21505 days ago

I prefer physical books, but I cannot deny digital books are more practical and easy to storage. I would never change the experience to have a physical book in my hands, though.

• downvote

maren503 days ago

I prefer physical books. Also I'm collector of old and rare books. Its something what come with my other hobbies, antiques, numismatic, horology, etc, etc. But I also like to read digital e-books in .pdf format if is it possible. Mostly about theme HOW TO'S
Its easy for storage and keeping. You can have big library in small disk.
But its cant replace feeling reading book in hand.

• downvote

thierry503 days ago

badabumchacha sets the better definition for a digital book and its features. But that don't replace physical book especially for technical manual.
I often obtain two items. One digital for a speedy reading and one physical to keep information to hand. I don't work on Unix OS and i just have the use of one window.

• downvote

pustoi11503 days ago

mechanism of memorizing the text associated with the creation of so-called mental map works. To find on a "shelf" in our minds is the necessary information, the memory uses a series of prompts. For example, it is necessary to recall the place and circumstances where the information was obtained. The role of such unmarked prompts are tactile sensations from contact with the book, the page texture, cover and layout. In addition, the possibility of flipping the pages of paper gives the brain to create a great sense of the scope of work - we can mentally travel through the pages. digital book handy, but lost the "magic" of contact with something meaningful.

• downvote

braz68502 days ago

@Aravi
@Elderwand8
@badabumchacha
@ckoch
@MarianaM21
@maren
@thierry
@pustoi11
What would you read again?

• downvote

braz68502 days ago

@Vanish007
Why do you prefer physical books ?

• downvote

pustoi11502 days ago

short stories by Mark Twain. Unfortunately, not enough time.

• downvote

Aravi502 days ago

Hi @braz68

It is a list:-

https://books.google.co.in/books?id=c3qmIZtWUjAC&printsec=frontcover&dq=wings+on+fire&hl=en&sa=X&sqi=2&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q=wings%20on%20fire&f=false

https://books.google.co.in/books?id=_ewvL93kFx4C&printsec=frontcover&dq=online+biography+of+a+leader&hl=en&sa=X&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q&f=false
https://books.google.co.in/books?id=BZLvAQAAQBAJ&pg=PT3&dq=the+human+rights+manifesto&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiHmdu9wZHOAhUlTY8KHQimDeIQ6AEIIDAA#v=onepage&q=the%20human%20rights%20manifesto&f=false

https://books.google.co.in/books?id=P3QgrCqdDwwC&pg=PA16&dq=online+biography+of+a+leader&hl=en&sa=X&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q=online%20biography%20of%20a%20leader&f=false

https://books.google.co.in/books?id=qtYUAAAAIAAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=Ahmad+Amin+My+life&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj2hJvVwZHOAhUdR48KHUa4BRoQ6AEIHTAA#v=onepage&q=Ahmad%20Amin%20My%20life&f=false

https://books.google.co.in/books?id=ZzBkAwAAQBAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=Adolf+Hitler:+The+Definitive+Biography&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwikp57uwZHOAhWGpI8KHYVTCeQQ6AEIHTAA#v=onepage&q=Adolf%20Hitler%3A%20The%20Definitive%20Biography&f=false

https://books.google.co.in/books?id=a683faqCxNkC&printsec=frontcover&dq=Insurgency+Online:+Web+Activism+and+Global+Conflict&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj0zayCwpHOAhVCRI8KHezLBxAQ6AEIHTAA#v=onepage&q=Insurgency%20Online%3A%20Web%20Activism%20and%20Global%20Conflict&f=false

https://books.google.co.in/books?id=W2TaSwtNvXIC&printsec=frontcover&dq=An+Oral+History+of+Abraham+Lincoln:+John+G.+Nicolay%27s+Interviews+and+Essays&hl=en&sa=X&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q=An%20Oral%20History%20of%20Abraham%20Lincoln%3A%20John%20G.%20Nicolay's%20Interviews%20and%20Essays&f=false

Regards,

• downvote

maren502 days ago

Misha Glenny: DARKMARKET - How Hackers Became the New Mafia

or The Holy Blood and the Holy Grail by Michael Baigent, Richard Leigh and Henry Lincoln

About second book: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Holy_Blood_and_the_Holy_Grail

THE JESUS PAPERS Michael Baigent

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Jesus_Papers

• downvote

Hytsa502 days ago

I prefer both !

Nothing can replace physical book. U can touch it, smeel it, even admire it on ur library. U can also recognize the most read book by its cover and page. Its easier to lend with ur friends

But digital book it's pratical, it less expensive, lighter (don't have to choice ur vacation book anymore), and no more bookmark (huge progress!). This allow to discover books from new independants autors.
And u can read easly in the dark without wake up the person with whom you sleep, no more bedside light !

• downvote

SetupComputer502 days ago

Well, I have some hundred books with regards to technical stuff, some about history, some about world religions. The advantages in having physical books is ..... being able to physically turn pages! LOL

Of course, if you have physical books, you can open one or many simultaneously. Unlike the electronic format, you have to close or minimize an e-book to read another book, or split the screen to accommodate two books at best --- but with reduced font size thus straining your eyes.

Ebooks require your battery to be always charged. The only convenient means of reading an ebook is thru the tablet, which of course requires you to purchase one for maybe a hundred bucks.

The only advantage of purchasing ebooks is the very wide range of selection. On hardbound copies, you are limited to the choices in your locality. If you really need a title not available to your area, you might need to order from another country and have it delivered thru courier service, which of course takes some time. Ebooks can be downloaded at will, but many good titles require you to pay some bucks, although at least you can purchase whatever you want from children's stories to space station theory and design.

Another advantage of ebooks is having a wide range of historical writings to be read. Google makes an effort to digitize old books, like the 1611 KJV Bible, or the Babylonian Talmud, which cannot be purchased anymore --- save the reproduced copies which could be very very expensive. Google Books, can, however, provide you some historical books in digital form FOR FREE!

In conclusion, you should have both books, the hard bound and the ebook. It will depend upon your choice on what topics or titles you choose to be in hard bound, and what topics or titles you choose in soft copy form.

\n

• downvote

bling502 days ago

If e-books and physical books are the same price, I would prefer to buy physical books. They are easier to be shared with others.

• downvote

airyl502 days ago

i prefer physical book...e-book or digital book can damage eyes more,than physical book...and i feel happy to see my collection of books in one shelf.

• downvote

molps502 days ago

да особенно фентези

• downvote

rageye01501 days ago

yes I read books by Charles Whitting ,Leo Kessler, Duncan Hardy all the same person.

• downvote

yabarsi501 days ago

I like physical books

• downvote

lowtyde85496 days ago

@airyl my visision is horrible. opthimoligists have tried to troubleshoot but reading smaller leters is extremley difficult so i often misepell as i cant read. i mostly just type with my eyes closed at this point to help me focus on where i am pllacing my fingers. having said that, i find ebooks superior given the fact i can zoom in,and typology(sp) is evolving. i was under the impression that the latest kindles had far less harmful effects on eye strain than a pc or a physical book. regardless, with the way tech is evolving at an acellerated pace, they will take over (not sure on market percentage today but id guess they already have taken over with the exception of professionals and students. but this is a niche issue. most people don't have these issues. so ill render what i just said invalid :)

• downvote

ckoch487 days ago

I have read the bible over and over and I will keep doing so.

• downvote

Akmaljon487 days ago

Physical books, because as programmer I don't like sitting on computer many hours that's why when I get tired I read physical books. +It's enjoyable and comfortable and it's less harmful to eyes! But sometimes I can't find the book which I look for that's why I have to read digital books at times.

• downvote
    You have to sign in to answer a question, sign up if you don't have an account.

Hot Topics
    Recent users who have won rewards.
    yanka457 won $1
    MAKEROFMONY2 won $1
    muthu won $1
    Surfer won $1
    ha14 won $1
    sonmeoo won $1
    Phani won $2
    ha14 won $1
    nuklin won $1
    ha14 won $1
    Latest Topics
    Pravy Is there a light at the end of the road?
    selcinor What step to take when taking essay examination
    Aleks111 Где найти эзотерические знания?
    rh150916 Please help me find the names of these characters.
    Danyil Where I can buy Magic Stick of Harry Potter?
    selcinor What is the different between judgment and judgement, which one is universally correct.
    Wise_EPL A Religious & Fiction Christmas Poem
    5thPersonToTalk "Manga and Anime"
    BrohmMateo Is there a version of The Winter's Tale by Shakespeare in which the character Dorcas is also a narrator?
    omarktm è accertato ke sopra la panca la capra campa.....
    Get free dollars by installing euask App.