How often do you buy a new computer? Reward $3
Created by bike, 1566 days ago, 2050 views

How often do you buy a new computer?
Facebook Twitter Google+ Addthis

corayth1566 days ago

2 or 3 years.

• downvote

MizzM1566 days ago

Hi, that really depends on the situation. I first bought a laptop back in 2009, the last time I use it was last year so I just wait until it broke down then I bought a new one. Though, I would add it to my arsenal if I have extra money and that computer is affordable. As of now, I got one laptop and a netbook which I use just 3 times. My suggestion is to keep your money inside your bank if you don't really need a new computer.
The future is unpredictable so those money might come handy. My answer is buy it when your computer broke down or you really need an extra computer at work, home, etc.

• downvote

pustoi111565 days ago

enough to buy once powerful power supply and the best (by far) processor (course, and the motherboard and all, to ensure the full performance of the processor). Then I change the video card, depending on the issue of new DirectX API. it is if you want to play with better graphics (again, for now). If you just simply sit in social networks, or watch movies. can, in general, do not change until you get bored or do not break at all. for 15 years, I have changed only 1 time a computer, but about 5 video cards (including because of their breakdowns).

• downvote

IfTheShoeFits1565 days ago

Hi,

It depends really. IF you take care of your system in a good technical manner.. ie: security updates, scans, registry cleaning, temp files / cookies /history... all cache. This will for sure help the life of your computer.

However, IF a good system is purchased, ie: Brand name, it should last for several years. It all basically depends on you. Example, if it is desktop computer it is very beneifical to clean as well the internal part of Operating System... (the tower) .....

• downvote

Aravi1565 days ago

Hi @bike
Once in every 7 to 10 years.

Regards,

• downvote

5741179541565 days ago

Every day.

• downvote

lifeiselsewhere1565 days ago

At least 3 years since last time I bought a new laptop with i7 CPU and SSD. I will buy a new one when I have new requirements.

• downvote

MizzM1565 days ago

@574117954 You must be rich to buy a new computer EVERY DAY.

• downvote

Masum1565 days ago

it is a huge pain to try to figure out ''what I will need from a new system. As a result I will delay until the frustration level of dealing.My current computer will force me to "just do it". My laptop is 6 years old, the desktop 8, and I've *almost* decided on what to replace both of them with. A huge step for me......... :D

• downvote

Dipto1564 days ago

@bike I buy a new computer when the old one is no longer usable

• downvote

Junkaa1563 days ago

4-5 years, but its sad

• downvote

itius1563 days ago

I like to maintain my computer in great condition so that I am able to keep it about 8 years. It works very well today. I don't play high end games. Besides, when I'm buying new computer I do keep my old parts like hard disks, power supply, DVD ROM and cover.

• downvote

kengcoin1563 days ago

4- 6 years :D

• downvote

csa_k1563 days ago

In the past 20 years I got four old computer. Only in the last year I bought a new

• downvote

nuklin1560 days ago

A period of two years depending on depreciation, relevance, attributes and physical workability.

• downvote

cochiguero1560 days ago

Every 2 years

• downvote

tlredd541560 days ago

I usually buy a new computer either if it has expired from age or an virus has destroyed it.

• downvote

Qrow1560 days ago

I don't. I build my own machines, so I can choose hardware configuration as I please, and also I can be sure it's been built by a pro technician.

• downvote

it9computers1560 days ago

Depends on the quality and type of a computer if its a desktop I find it easier and a lot of the time cheaper to rebuild old computers than try and replace them and I normally do that ever 2-3 years or when ever I feel that I may need an upgrade. With laptops I find that they start to break down fast so normally ever 1.5-2 years.

• downvote

gina44481560 days ago

i have an hp pavillion notebook and pc. ive had it 5 years and it still runs as good as the day i bought it. i can reboot the whole system as if it came straight from the factory. so mabe every 5 to 6 years, if u buy the right make of pc.

• downvote

Gavruss1557 days ago

Probably once every five years ? If people realised that there is fantastic software to install it would make their PC run just like the first day they bought a computer ??

• downvote

Vanish0071557 days ago

If you collect a powerful computer that the next 5-7 years, you do not need hardware upgrades.

• downvote

rageye011556 days ago

not often five or six years apart

• downvote

jazz7771555 days ago

The new computer - a state of mind , and personally I buy toppings (accessories ) every six months , but the system block remains the same - so fewer questions from women in finance :)

• downvote

MarianaM211555 days ago

Every 3 years, depending on my personal economy

• downvote

alla1554 days ago

every 5 years i mean we have to Keep up with the times

• downvote

pepsiguy19681554 days ago

@bike
every year ok

• downvote

gwenlep1552 days ago

It depends on what you do with your computer. Do you need the newest technology? Then you need to buy one sooner than someone only
using it for basic things

• downvote

Pravy1552 days ago

I buy when i feel the need.
The need for speed.
Yes, The need for a faster Computer now.

• downvote

khaledmus1540 days ago

IT DOESNT NEED TO BUY EACH TIME WHILE YOU HAD AGOOD ONE,FOR ME I USE THE FAMILY PC NOT MY OWN.

• downvote

buljuk1540 days ago

Personally, I buy 3-5 years

• downvote

nihal291539 days ago

hi @bike , i will be talking about today's situation. . PSs are used as home theater pc , gaming pc , office pc , a casual pc .
1 . HTPCs = they should be power efficient , less powerful processor is required , low profile graphics cards are enough , 2 gb ram is enough, Display is major thing .
they can easy last 7 years without any issue .
2. Gaming pc = they need high end graphics cards ( like gtx 1060) , i5 6th gen is enough for gaming , a good power supply is needed from a good manufacturer , 16 gb ram is future proof, 1080p displays , ssd are must .
they can crush any gamy @1080p until next 4 years .
3. office pc - just a prebuild system @300$ will be enough for office work .
5 years life span

4. casual pc = can go with amd fx or intel i3 with a gtx 750ti or the newly RX 460 graphics cards , 8 gb ram , a 450 w power supply is good to go.
can last 7 years with capability of upgrading ram and cpu ( i3 to i7 when price drop)

conclusion - any pc can last upto 7 years if you have a great MOTHERBOARD , in which you can upgrade your processors to the high profile one , and has ability to add more ram . power supply is IMPORTANT make sure to buy a good power supply with 80 + certifications , systems with one graphics cards will never need more then 500w . i will say that invest in motherboard to stay future proof!
and if you are thinking about your old pc check about your motherboard the best processor it can handle and will it be able survive new game and stuff then make your decision .
REGARDS

• downvote

Pravy1538 days ago

@bike
Probably once in 5 yrs. But this year i got myself a Surface Pro 4 and a iMac.That means by rule i have to wait another 5 yrs to upgrade. Surface Pro is dope but iMac i instantly regretted my decision.

• downvote

ethan1538 days ago

i got my first laptop in 2013,and it's ok now.
i use it study and game.LOL,it can run the game no problem ,but not very fluency.
a few months ago ,i change it ram 4gb to 8gb,it just fell much better .
so if you laptop hardware with no issue,you can upgrade you ram or change hard disk to ssd.
gave your old laptop a new life,,haha

• downvote

ready1537 days ago

I buy a new computer maybe once a year

• downvote

anikin1534 days ago

I buy a new computer when the old betraying me

• downvote
    You have to sign in to answer a question, sign up if you don't have an account.

Hot Topics
    Recent users who have won rewards.
    jeetkml won $1
    a454545 won $2
    Coxxyr won $1
    Handas won $1
    chakramed won $2
    Pravy won $1
    chakramed won $1
    jennifer0123 won $1
    Pele233 won $1
    sneja60845956 won $1
    Latest Topics
    hey_trey Need your help in my problem!
    yzeguy How do I restore inadvertently deleted bookmarks/tabs in Firefox?
    termezo Do you know some creative ideas from healthcare mobile app?
    AmandaRosse What are the best surfing tips?
    LindaDunnigan WEBSITE TOO SLOW TO GET INTO BLUE CIRCLE KEEPS RUNNING
    abiodun My laptoo my android
    ThomasGrace Hardware Dashboard similar to/better than CAM 3?
    termezo What are the best tips to pass job interview successfully?
    BrianCa No WiFi network taskbar icon
    DenialMar What analytics tools do you use?
    Get free dollars by installing euask App.