Euask
A community for mutual assistance and knowledge sharing

Best thing to feed my cats 5
Created by HatsuneMiku, 532 days ago, 965 views

Heya everyone, my cats are being a little bit stubborn lately, I don't have a great income so I buy them the cheapest cat meat there is and they have stopped eating it, so I tried them on some dry food, bought some high-quality Whiskers and they didn't eat that, but yesterday I was in Tesco and saw I could get 4 tins of Tuna for a pound, can I feed my cats tuna everyday?

I should also mention the sofa in the picture is my old one lol hence why it looks gross it's in my garden
Facebook Twitter Google+ Addthis

sam_qwerty532 days ago

I wouldn't recommend whiskers cat food as its high in vegetable protein and carbs that cats cant digest very well. As for the tuna if its in brine its a definite no no cats cant dispose of salt in their system and is not a complete food, cats need a complete food that contains taurine a type of amino acid.

If money is an issue i would recommend a food that is complete and derived from meat with added taurine, Butcher classic is a good cheap cat food u can get it at Tesco's for about £3 for 6 400g tins.

link to butchers classic at Tesco's
http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=255741818

• downvote

HatsuneMiku531 days ago

@sam_qwerty
Thanks but that's the meat we was originally feeding them but they no longer eat it, I assumed they was bored of it

• downvote

Aravi531 days ago

Hi @HatsuneMiku
Try some fresh fish and chicken. They like them more then meet. Cats will like Tuna.

Regards,

• downvote

serezha530 days ago

Hi! You can start with Tuna, but in a few days they'll bored with it too (my cat did). So the best way is to alternate fresh and canned fish, pork, beef. And they should not be the cat's one. Give them to try some vegetables. My cat likes green peas, tomatoes and boiled potatoes with grilled carrots.
I hope your cats will be healthy and active!
Good luck!

• downvote

Stoneheart505 days ago

As others have said, your cats won't be able to live on Tuna.

Dry food is actually best for your cats, wet food ends up rotting their teeth. You'd be better off getting a decent dry food and maybe mixing in a little wet food once or twice a week as a treat. I sometimes crack an egg into my cats dry food even! Keeps their coats shiny.

To find a good dry food, look for one where the protein (chicken, fish, whatever flavour you're looking at) is listed as the first or second ingredients. A fun rule of thumb for pet food is that the ingredient with the highest content in the food is listed first.

Whatever food you try, give your kitties a couple of days to adjust to it, don't offer it once and then assume they don't like it if they don't eat it immediately.

Good luck!

• downvote

Olga1111504 days ago

Кошки любят свежее мясо и рыбу, творог, сметану, в общем, всё натуральное.

• downvote
    You have to sign in to answer a question, sign up if you don't have an account.

Hot Topics
    Recent users who have won rewards.
    yanka457 won $1
    MAKEROFMONY2 won $1
    muthu won $1
    Surfer won $1
    ha14 won $1
    sonmeoo won $1
    Phani won $2
    ha14 won $1
    nuklin won $1
    ha14 won $1
    Latest Topics
    sesku What's your pet??
    BattlePants How to kill a great white shark with your bare hands?
    jully Coelhos vivem em cativeiros quantos anos?
    GulfWideLocal Mom & TheBabies Friendship!
    my_asylum Is there any new information about the Mongolian Death Worm?
    TheDammit What is the difference between a bug and an insect?
    Icuska Milyen ugyes kutyuska vagyok?
    Icuska Fürdetés mennyi idős kortól?
    Icuska Az én kiskutyám.
    selcinor If someone intentionally killed your dog what will yo do?
    Get free dollars by installing euask App.