Euask
A community for mutual assistance and knowledge sharing

How should we help to save the environment? Reward $3
Created by Lisaly, 1622 days ago, 2515 views

That seems a big topic, but the environment is closely related to us, isn't it? Do you have any advice on how to save the environment?
Facebook Twitter Google+ Addthis

√ Best Answer

maren1621 days ago

Don't use plastic bags for shopping, use paper recycling bags

Don't scatter can from drink, recycle it, segregate your trash for easier recycling,

Remember that this planet and environment on this planet is not ours, this is just
lent from our children and our grandsons

Don't use fossil fuel if is don't necessary

Somebody says that cattle breeding is responsible for 18% of the worldwide greenhouse gas emissions.

And do you know that from cattle compost can make green energy?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biogas

http://www.small-farm-permaculture-and-sustainable-living.com/methane_generator.html

• downvote

Noland1622 days ago

Driving is one of the biggest causes of pollution. If you want to use your car, ask yourself the following question: do I really need my car? Walk or use your bike if the journey is a short one.

• downvote

Lisaly1622 days ago

Yes, walking or riding bike is better than driving cars if the distance is not far away.

• downvote

HRIDOY081622 days ago

we should plant more and more tress

• downvote

deder1622 days ago

The best way to save the environment is to aware the people about the bad affects if the environment became polluted

• downvote

ryanaxis1622 days ago

hi lisaly :)

to help save our environment people need to educate to stop the cutting of trees or illegal logging.

step2 people need to stop using CFC contained product.

step3 people need to stop burning chemicals,plastics and rubber tires.

step4 people need to stop using of fossil fuel like gasoline,diesel and coal.

step5 all country leaders need to unite to support the banned on nuclear bomb testing.

• downvote

Aravi1622 days ago

Hi @Lisaly
It is a hard task, for this one need to change the style of living to achieve the goal. We can't even expect all to follow our idea. But each of us participate to save the environment activity, can make big contribution to our environment.

For the same one can start from the below points:-

1. You can reduce the water wastage by:-
a. Reducing your bathing time
b, Install a low-flow showerhead
c. Turn off the water in the sink while shaving or brushing your teeth
d. Submerge a full water bottle in the toilet tank to shift or move water and make it a low flow model to save water with each flush
e. Fix leaking pipes
f. Recycle water in your home
g. Where possible, try not to use water as a cleaning solution. Baking Soda and Vinegar can work just as well as other cleaning products.
h. Install aeration nozzles on all taps
i. Water conservation is very necessary as a lot of energy is required to pump water from the river into your home.
2. Unplug chargers, turn off lights and appliances not in use like computers, laptops and phones when you leave for the day.
3. Replace regular light bulbs in your home with compact fluorescent bulbs
4. Join the car pool or public transportation to save fuel and its cost.
5. Avoid using disposable cup or coffee mug at work in order to save space in the landfill and energy. You can bring your own ceramic cup or coffee mug to work.
6. When you make purchases, try to opt for the brands that use recyclable packaging.
7. Bring your meal in a reusable container and don’t buy an additional plastic container for it. Don’t generate waste with a plastic fork and plastic takeout container. Use a reusable container if bringing in lunch from home.
8. Start a recycling program in your home, office or community.
9. Start paying your bills online and ask companies to stop paper bills from being sent to you. Print and copy on both sides of the paper. It helps to save paper and trees.
10. Use reusable grocery bags rather than plastic bags
11. Get your IT equipment like computers, laptop, printer and phones recycled or decomposed in order to reduce related air pollution and water pollution. It can take a million years to decompose. Contact a company offers IT equipment recycling or disposal services in your area.
12. Use a more eco-friendly disposable or cloth in place of nappy of the child as it adds million tons of waste in landfills each year.
13. Recycle newspaper, bows and gift bags by reusing them. You can also create something unique by using old newspaper, maps, and cloth.
14. Instead of purchasing a plastic water bottle, buy an appropriate reusable container. A plastic bottle takes thousands of years to decompose and because it’s not recycled or biodegradable.
15. Plant a tree to reduce air pollution as shady landscape enhances the value of your property and reduce the energy consumption
16. Put the cruise control button on your car to work as you can get better mileage. With increasing gasoline prices, this is a boon for your budget and the environment too.
17. You can save about 10% of your energy use by adjusting your thermostat 1% cooler in winter and 1% higher in summer.
18. Try to get your phone recycled as it introduces very harmful and toxic substances into the environment and go into landfills.
19. Maintain your vehicle by regularly checking the air filter and giving it a clean. This will help your car more efficiently. It’s also important to inflate your tyres to a specific pressure as it reduces tyre-wear and helps the fuel economy.
20. You can conserve energy in your home by
a. Setting your freezer temperature 0-5 or refrigerator temperature at 36-38
b. Minimising door opening while using the oven
c. Avoid using chemicals to clean your home, use a microfiber cloth
21. Buy wooden toys instead of throwaway plastic toys

Regards,

• downvote

yas1622 days ago

We all want to help the planet. But how?

The answer could be sitting right in front of us — three times a day. By going vegetarian, we can reduce the impact of climate change, rainforest destruction, and pollution, while saving water and other precious resources.

In fact, raising animals for food produces more greenhouse gas emissions than all of the cars, planes, and other forms of transportation combined.

Source: http://www.chooseveg.com/environment

If you do not eat meat for only 1 day per week, this has the same effect as NOT driving your car for 1250 km (775 miles).

Cattle breeding is responsible for 18% of the worldwide greenhouse gas emissions.

The production of 1 kilo red meat costs 100.000 liters of water (I don't know how many gallons this is in your country).

Eating less meat may be a small step, but it has incredible impact on our environment. Not to mention the fact you will have no more part in the abuse of animals.

A 12-year old wrote this (if she can do it, so can you):

http://www.vegetariantimes.com/article/the-environmental-impact-of-a-meat-based-diet/

• downvote

yas1622 days ago

P.S. Yes I am a vegan myself....

• downvote

giorgos301622 days ago

The best way to save the environment is to aware the people .. create videos on youtube where is free so the people can watch and maybe will change their minds ,,, i do that 6 month now already uploaded 3 videos on youtube ,,i think i did my joob,,

• downvote

Lisaly1622 days ago

@HRIDOY08

Is it easy to find some empty places to plant trees in your country?

• downvote

Lisaly1622 days ago

@deder

compared with business benefits, some of the person don't care about the effect of the environment. right?

• downvote

Lisaly1622 days ago

@giorgos30

Well done, can you share some of your videos on how to save environment here?

• downvote

deathrow0151621 days ago

Start with yourself.. doing little things like throwing candy wrappers on the bin, segragating your trash etc.. these small things can contribute in a small way in the environment..

• downvote

pustoi111621 days ago

people this is the environment! and believe me, nothing is more valuable to you in this world no.

• downvote

rwharold1621 days ago

Eliminate coal burning power plant and other such sources. Encourage the building of nuclear power plants. These will greatly minimize the problem and mayby even reverse the already done damage to the atmosphere!!!

• downvote

goku1621 days ago

@Noland
Walk instead of using cars that's good exercise and if you do it everyday you won't whine and you'll grow leg muscles.

• downvote

Lisaly1621 days ago

Thanks for all replies, one more question, how should we ask more people to join in us to save the environment together?

• downvote

mocksone1620 days ago

1.Stop burning chemicals
2. Plant more trees

• downvote

deedurden1620 days ago

50 Ways to Save the Environment

Recycle everything.
Don't use electrical appliances if you can do it by hand.
Use cold water in the washer.
Re-use brown paper bags to line your trash can.
Re-use bread bags and produce bags.
Store food in re-usable containers.
Return hangers to the dry cleaners.
Donate unwanted goods.
Don't leave water running needlessly.
Turn your heat down and wear a sweater.
Turn off the lights and electrical appliances.
Flush the toilet less often.
Turn down the heat before you go on vacation.
Recycle your Christmas tree.
Start a compost pile.
Put up birdfeeders, birdhouses, and birdbaths.
Pull weeds instead of using herbicides.
Use only organic fertilizers.
Take extra plastic and rubber pots back to the nursery.
Plant short, dense shrubs close to your home's foundation for insulation.
Use mulch to conserve water in your garden.
Keep your car tuned.
Carpool.
Use public transit.
Ride your bike or walk.
Buy a more fuel-efficient car (such as a hybrid or bio-diesel).
Recycle your engine oil.
Keep your tires properly inflated to save gas.
Keep your wheels properly aligned to save your tires.
Don't litter our roads and highways.
Recycle office and computer paper, cardboard, etc.
Use scrap paper for informal notes to yourself and others.
Print or copy on both sides of the paper.
Use smaller paper for smaller memos.
Re-use manila envelopes and file folders.
Use washable dishes and glassware at the office.
Avoid buying products in plastic or styrofoam containers.
Think twice about buying "disposable" products.
Buy disposable paper products instead of plastic ones.
Buy only energy-efficient appliances.
Bring your own bags.
Buy locally grown food and locally made products.
Don't buy products made from endangered animals.
Join a conservation organization.
Volunteer your time to conservation projects.
Donate to conservation projects.
Switch to a vegetarian diet.
Encourage your family and friends to conserve.
Write your legislators about conservation issues in your community or state.
Teach children to respect nature and the environment.

• downvote

SakinBeen1619 days ago

more green, more environmentally

• downvote

SakinBeen1619 days ago

• downvote

Togekiss_40111616 days ago

We need to stop gas emissions from everything if only the government would cooperate and stop all of it. Then we need to replace anything with gas emissions with solar panels and just natural energy resources like the wind turbines, solar panels, solar heaters, electric cars, I mean everything should at least be replaced with something that doesn't harm the environment. Plastics are another problem, they just can't be incinerated by fire since they just melt and cool, so why not find a way to recycle every kind of plastic? There's other things you can do too besides this, just do some research on science channels and sites online.

• downvote

darrell1616 days ago

there is several ways to improve our enviroment..for me the main 2 causes are fossil fuels and the spraying of pesticides and chemical fertliser.all this winds up in our water shed and polutes the one thing this world needs to live and survive...WATER...with out it we all die,plants,animals,people...so if our water is polluted with all these chemicals we are unable to drink it to live.....fossil fuels get into to our air supply and into our ground water and we need air to live also...so we have a double whammy going on here....now i have 2 gardens and i use compost to fertilise my plants and not chemicals..compost is the only natural way to really fertilise growing plants with out it harming our inviroment cause it is natural and organic....now i have a car but i only drive maybe a total of a 100 miles a month to do all i need,so this is helping our/my enviroment as well.there are so many ways to help improve our enviroment/world and these 2 things i do are a big help...theres other things i do also but this is my main answers here in this post...

• downvote

Riximis1616 days ago

I’ll admit that “save” is an interesting word choice, especially considering that many scientists think that we are beyond saving after the environmental devastation we have put Earth through thus far. However, as an eternal optimist, I believe that every little bit counts and that we can still make this planet a beautiful place, and hopefully save its creatures from impending doom. The choices we each make today are important. http://thoughtcatalog.com/lauren-perry/2014/05/20-simple-things-you-can-do-to-help-save-our-planet/

• downvote

MarioninsBrown1616 days ago

1 Separate trash, basically organic and inorganic.
2 Try not to use aerosols.
3 Recycle your bags.
4 Throw the trash in its place
5 Use soap paste, instead of soap powder.
6 Reuse and / or optimize the use of water.
7 Buy toilet (s) that save water.
8 Purchase appliances that save energy and meet international standards of energy.
9 Do not use unnecessary light.
10 So do you compensate ecological work the damage to nature.

• downvote

dukhnovskiy1616 days ago

в первую очередь надо изменить себя в лучшую сторону! А потом и мир можно меня в лучшую! хотябы не сорить на улице!

• downvote

Frostys4cash1615 days ago

FIRST THING FIRST! STOP PLANING A NUCLEAR WAR, BECAUSE THAT'S GONNA CAUSE A NUCLEAR WINTER! ( WHICH IS GONNA BE DEVASTATING TO ALL LIFE ON EARTH! )

SECOND! MOST OF THE WORLD SHOULD START USING THOSE ELECTRIC ROADS AND CARS! AND SOLAR PANEL SHOULD BE USED ALL DAY, AND NIGHT USE ACTUAL ENERGY FROM OILS AND COAL AND SUCH THING!

THIRD! MOST FREAKIN' SIMPLE... STOP TROWING TRASH IN THE OCEAN, WTH IS WRONG WITH YOU THAT DO THAT? THAT'S WHY WE HAVE GARBAGE CANS ALL OVER CITIES!

FOURTH! I HOPE THIS HELPED, GOOD NIGHT :3

REGARDS, FROSTA

• downvote

Frostys4cash1615 days ago

ALSO I FORGOT ONE THAT PEOPLE DO A LOT!
FIFTH! STOP WRECKING FORESTS FOR WOOD OR OTHER THINGS! IT HAS CAUSED LOTS OF ANIMALS TO DIE OUT BECAUSE YOU ARE TAKING AWAY THEY'RE NATURE! FOR EXAMPLE! IMAGINE A SPICIES OF BEAR LIVING LIKE KINGS IN THE FOREST, THEN SOME PEOPLE COME AND DESTROY THE FOREST, WHAT DO YOU GET? A LAND WITH NO SHADE, NO PLANTS, NO TREES AND MORE SAD CRAP!

#SAVEWILDLIFE

• downvote

Jock1615 days ago

To save the environment should:
1. Everyone should realize the importance of nature.
2. We should go to the new technology does not pollute the environment
3. Stop deforestation
4. The world must give up nuclear, chemical, hydrogen weapons
5. Maintain the water balance

• downvote

maren1607 days ago

Hello @ Lisaly ! Just to say thank you for choosing my answer for best.
I know that is not easy choose when you have too many good answers
like in this topic.

• downvote
    You have to sign in to answer a question, sign up if you don't have an account.

Hot Topics
    Recent users who have won rewards.
    jeetkml won $1
    a454545 won $2
    Coxxyr won $1
    Handas won $1
    chakramed won $2
    Pravy won $1
    chakramed won $1
    jennifer0123 won $1
    Pele233 won $1
    sneja60845956 won $1
    Latest Topics
    selcinor Are you being kind with me
    my_asylum DO YOU KNOW WHO YOU REALLY ARE? ((UPDATED)
    AAA1992 You believe in life after death in other world.?
    selcinor I don't like women am I a misogynist
    ChessKing Тематические форумы на сайтах
    mazeal I am newbie here, can someone tell me how this work
    ChessKing Как у вас прошла пятница 13-го?
    AAA1992 Where are you From???
    ChessKing Возможно ли поставить электрический мотор на велосипед?
    Icuska Hogyan védekezel a nagy hidegben?
    Get free dollars by installing euask App.