A community for mutual assistance and knowledge sharing

Are you good at your second language? Reward $2
Created by ross, 884 days ago, 1485 views

Are you good at your second language?
Facebook Twitter Google+ Addthis

√ Best Answer

Mirella872 days ago

Hello @ross

Probably you won't know about this small country Bulgaria, Europe but I came from there. My mother language is Bulgarian, it sounds like Russian language but its origin is older.In my high school, I've started learning English and German language. Of course, I was keener on English language because this is the most useful language in the world. So I became to encounter problems like mixing words from both languages and the grammar's misunderstandings. After realising that it is a very difficult task to learn to different languages at the same time, I decided to emphasise on English language and after that to deal with the German. For me, the BEST wayя to learn a language are: 1) Get familiarise with the grammar and lexical parts; 2) Put the learned into a practice (go to a country where the language is spoken, find some virtual friends to chat with in this language, watch movie, songs' lyrics, etc,)
P.S If you want to practise you language check a programme called "Erasmus" for people exchange. This is fun way to learn a second language and to explore cultures.
GOOD LUCK !

• downvote

smorleslau884 days ago

Because I'm not American, speaking a second and a third language it´s very important, and we try to practice them in every chance we have, it´s the only way to perfect it. We are not shame to make mistakes. Most American are not good in second language because they feel that the foreigner are obligated to speak in English and it is true, is easy to find people abroad who speak English, or at least trying to.

• downvote

BQB884 days ago

Not at all ;p
I only speak a second language at school, and I don't intend to ever go to a francophone country (I speak french) so I don't try very hard to remember it. I know other people that remember second languages easily, but it's not something I can do. If you really want to speak a second language, I'd just practice a lot. Every day, whenever you can, before bed, when you wake up, after school/work. Try looking up tutorials, get a tutor even. Whatever works for you!

• downvote

azzromyo884 days ago

Hi @ross
yes i am i speak french very well

• downvote

cucciolagigio884 days ago

I am on the same level with three languages, my native plus two others, I have a decent knowledge of two more and some passing knowledge of another three.

• downvote

Toorum_884 days ago

Я прекрасно говорю по русски. Даже акцент у меня Татарский.
Теперь думаю изучать Чувашский язык.

• downvote

Laki11884 days ago

My second language is English and i am very good at it, writing and speaking, know a little bit of french and ze german too :)

• downvote

maren883 days ago

When I was young, in school I learn Russian language but with time, I forgot most of this.
With Internet, browsing sites, translating movies, I learned English language. Now I speak English very well as my second language.

There you can see list of my subtitles: All of this marked with sign similar to Oscar, or crown, is my authorized subtitles.
These movies I translate without help others. Some of subtitles is first on this language, like LOVE HAPPY, one of first of my good translation.
So, I think that my level of knowing second language is enough good.
Except this, I understand Russian language only I have problem to talk, to express myself on Russian.
Also I understand Macedonian, Speak Bosnian, Croatian, little Slovenian,

WHAT ELSE I CAN SAY ABOUT KNOWLEDGE OTHER LANGUAGES?

MAN IS RICH EXACTLY SO HOW MUCH MAN KNOW FOREIGN LANGUAGES

KNOWING FOREIGN LANGUAGES IS VERY IMPORTANT AND MAKE MAN RICH

• downvote

ramonm55883 days ago

well, i have some knowledge. about english. i am from RD.- IF want a lloking for me as RAMON MORILLO VALDEZ IN FACEBOOK. AND WE CAN CHAT
https://www.facebook.com/RamonSwagerR I will hope for you

• downvote

olja225588883 days ago

My second language is ukrainian. And im advanced ukrainian speaker

• downvote

bonnponferrada882 days ago

yes, i am a filipino and our national language is tagalog, but i can speak and understand english language.

• downvote

koroleva882 days ago

Hi,
Yes I'm bilingual. And I think I'm good at my third language which is English, so I'm learning Spanish as a fourth language. I will definitely learn an Asian language next (Japanese or Korean), well, I love languages ♥☺

• downvote

apbwalden881 days ago

Yes, am Tanzanian, and my mother tongue is SWAHILI, national language of Tanzania; my second language is English which aye had learned at School. Aye am fluent in both languages that aye enjoy conversing in them. And my colleagues call my English : "Churchillian" after Sir Winston Churchill, who was Britain's wartime Prime Minister and had the best expressions, anecdotes,and explanations that no (English speaking)leader has equalled him todate.

• downvote

Ravindra_2878 days ago

DEPENDS ON YOU WHERE YOU LEARNED OR NOT SECOND LANGUAGE . BECAUSE WE ARE 1ST LANGUAGE PERSONS AND FOR SECOND LANGUAGE WE HAVE TRY TO LEARN.

• downvote

EllaBlue874 days ago

Anyone could be good at second language, it's a matter of training yourself, your brain, one step at a time and soon you'll be fluent in a second language. After that the third one will come to you much easier. Patience and dedication

• downvote

oguretz874 days ago

English is my third language out of 7 I speak, and I am very fluent yes. Other languages are russian, hebrew,bulgarian, serbian, arabic and macedonian

• downvote

ZzMrXzZ873 days ago

My second language is English and my job depends on it so I must train it everyday

• downvote

Aravi872 days ago

Yes, my second language is eng. I read magazine and watch eng movies and listen eng songs to improve it.

I also try to copy words to improve my spoken eng.

• downvote

taz872 days ago

actually i consider myself quite good -
i´m from germany but work for international brands as a copywriter where i have no choice
but to use english on a daily basis. And by time it got onto the level that nowadays I write
in my rare spare time even philosophical amateur-poems in english, i.e.:

Universe expands ...

...but into what?
let´s see:

it expands itself
along the time vector
towards entropy moment.

so it constantly reduces
the possible options
of its next moments expression.

which means that universe
expands its spacetime within
the plane of uncertainity.

this reduces the uncertainity
up to the point of definite certainity
focused in the final moment of entropy.

imagine
what will be born then ...

• downvote

liyu871 days ago

I can chinese,my English is badly

• downvote

cajuntx44871 days ago

Yes I am very good at my second language . The second Language is sign language. They do teach it in most schools today which is a good thing. If we all knew sign language imagine how the world would be?

• downvote
    You have to sign in to answer a question, sign up if you don't have an account.

Hot Topics
    Recent users who have won rewards.
    ChessKing won $1
    lybwrsh won $1
    PeteLFX won $1
    PeteLFX won $1
    Davidoff_11 won $4
    PeteLFX won $1
    ChessKing won $1
    Davidoff_11 won $1
    PeteLFX won $4
    ha14 won $1
    Latest Topics
    selcinor Are you being kind with me
    my_asylum DO YOU KNOW WHO YOU REALLY ARE? ((UPDATED)
    AAA1992 You believe in life after death in other world.?
    selcinor I don't like women am I a misogynist
    ChessKing Тематические форумы на сайтах
    mazeal I am newbie here, can someone tell me how this work
    ChessKing Как у вас прошла пятница 13-го?
    AAA1992 Where are you From???
    ChessKing Возможно ли поставить электрический мотор на велосипед?
    Icuska Hogyan védekezel a nagy hidegben?
    Get free dollars by installing euask App.