Euask
A community for mutual assistance and knowledge sharing

Restore iPhone 6+ from iCloud problem Reward $1
Created by cptriple, 672 days ago, 795 views

I am trying to restore my iPhone from an iCloud backup but the email address listed is no longer in use. How do I change this so I can complete my restore?
Facebook Twitter Google+ Addthis

√ Best Answer

chakramed672 days ago

Hi @ ,

Go to https://appleid.apple.com, click Manage my Apple ID and sign in with your current iCloud ID.

Tap edit next to the primary email account, tap Edit, change it back to your old email address and save the change.

Then edit the name of the account to change it back to your old email address. You can now use your current password to turn off Find My iPhone on your device, even though it prompts you for the password for your old account ID.

Then go to Settings > iCloud, tap Delete Account and choose Delete from My iDevice when prompted (your iCloud data will still be in iCloud).

Next, go back to https://appleid.apple.com and change your primary email address and iCloud ID name back to the way it was. Now you can go to Settings > iCloud and sign in with your current iCloud ID and password.

regards,

• downvote

cptriple671 days ago

Hi chakramed,

Thanks for your reply. When I change my apple id email address to my old one it tells me this apple id is already in the system and does not allow me to continue. Would there be some sort of work-around for this?

Thx!

• downvote

DavidT670 days ago

Hi,

Unfortunately, you can't. When you register an apple ID if u wanna change it You need to go to an apple store and provide your data to them in order to restore it.

P.S. if that phone used to be of someone else, then you gonna need them too. If they can't or don't want to, for any reason ( ^_^ ) then you just put that in the closet and wait, easy jailbreak isn't aviable yet. You might need to open the phone, but if you make an oopsie, it's over :P

Regards, and be careful ;)

• downvote
    You have to sign in to answer a question, sign up if you don't have an account.

Hot Topics
    Recent users who have won rewards.
    thsigit won $1
    ab1936 won $1
    ahmed58 won $1
    chakramed won $1
    ha14 won $5
    chakramed won $1
    ha14 won $1
    chakramed won $1
    chakramed won $1
    MAKEROFMONY2 won $1
    Latest Topics
    Jamez How to fix Android behaving strangley?
    ChessKing Возможно ли чтоб мой звуковой файл с телефона было слышно собеседнику во время разговора по этому телефону?
    ChessKing Голосовые читалки
    ChessKing Не показывает видео в Habit браузере.
    ChessKing Перенос приложения на карту памяти в андроиде
    Ujjwal619 Can you tell me why the playstore download speed is ridiculously slow?
    ChessKing Импорт закладок в Habit браузер
    ChessKing Батарея телефона при морозе.
    ChessKing Онлайн трансляции на телефоне
    ChessKing Видеоредактор слайдшоу на андроид
    Get free dollars by installing euask App.