Euask
A community for mutual assistance and knowledge sharing

Does smartphone suit for the elderly? Reward $2
Created by hollis, 753 days ago, 1129 views

Does smartphone suit for the elderly? What will you buy for parents and grandparents?
Facebook Twitter Google+ Addthis

√ Best Answer

TequilaSunset753 days ago

You should choose a phone with a big screen, like e.g a Samsung Galaxy Note. It is not necessary to make use of every possible function, and as long as a person is not a victim of dementia, she/he will be able to learn everything she needs as quickly as she has been able her life long. People who never ceased learning and are intelligent will learn much more in less time than 16- or 26year-old ones who have lazy minds. Maybe you should allow your grandmother to choose for herself. Amazon provides a lot of information. I am sure your grandmother will be quite happy about your generous gift!

• downvote

ZenWarrior753 days ago

Hii @hollis

Looks like consumer reports suggest the Samsung Note 4 because of its Easy Mode and the ability to increase the icon size.
http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/news/2015/08/best-smartphones-for-seniors/index.htm

• downvote

Woodstocker752 days ago

NO ! Unless there up to date with tech , have eagle vision and fast accurate fingers . My late parents couldn't even get used to a wireless .
IMHO , Woodstocker

• downvote

ha14751 days ago

Emporia Click
http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/119489-mobile-phone-accessibility-tested
the Emporia Click comes out on top here. It is a well thought out, innovative and helpful product that will enable many who would have struggled with any other phone to get the most from it.

• downvote

aaallison75751 days ago

I recommend an iPhone for 23 main reasons: 1- very user friendly.Super simple to instructions are easy to follow. Fewer steps to complete actions.(I hated smart phones until I got my iPhone.)2- Very reliable software/hardware compatibility. 3-GREAT RECEPTION in areas other phones with same provider have little to no reception.That being said, take person who will be using phone with you when buying. Pick out what they feel comfortable using. Get a phone that meets their needs and all will be well.

• downvote

ZzMrXzZ751 days ago

Well, I don't think smartphone suit for elderly unless he or she has a facebook account. By the way, the sonic wave from smartphone has bad effects on elderly health.

• downvote

SetupComputer749 days ago

Why not? I mean, even the elderly can learn to use a high tech smartphone. The only two common problems you'll encounter are (1) reading problems with small texts and low backlight, and (2) typing difficulties especially with the soft touch QWERTY keypad.

Smartphones can be adjusted to counter these problems, but if cannot be, just use an old-style Nokia with large text and large numeric keypad. It's cheap anyway so if you're not satisfied it's easier to dump than trying first the expensive smartphone then dumping it for a cheaper old-style phone.

:)

• downvote

FARFROMPUKEN44749 days ago

Well I feel smart phones are good for all. But it is what all said elderly are still able to do.. Such as can they see well, or are they arthritic in their fingers, and things like that. Its not hard to embrace the functions of the smart phones if one is not that technologically advanced. They are easier to use as far as not having to press buttons but to simply tap. If my grand parents were still alive I would buy them a Windows phone as it is easy to use.

• downvote
    You have to sign in to answer a question, sign up if you don't have an account.

Hot Topics
    Recent users who have won rewards.
    thsigit won $1
    ab1936 won $1
    ahmed58 won $1
    chakramed won $1
    ha14 won $5
    chakramed won $1
    ha14 won $1
    chakramed won $1
    chakramed won $1
    MAKEROFMONY2 won $1
    Latest Topics
    Jamez How to fix Android behaving strangley?
    ChessKing Возможно ли чтоб мой звуковой файл с телефона было слышно собеседнику во время разговора по этому телефону?
    ChessKing Голосовые читалки
    ChessKing Не показывает видео в Habit браузере.
    ChessKing Перенос приложения на карту памяти в андроиде
    Ujjwal619 Can you tell me why the playstore download speed is ridiculously slow?
    ChessKing Импорт закладок в Habit браузер
    ChessKing Батарея телефона при морозе.
    ChessKing Онлайн трансляции на телефоне
    ChessKing Видеоредактор слайдшоу на андроид
    Get free dollars by installing euask App.