Euask
A community for mutual assistance and knowledge sharing

Is it bad to have supper 1-2 hours before going to bed? Reward $4
Created by Yvon, 2016 days ago, 2149 views

Due to the work, I usually get home late and have supper 1-2 hours before going to bed, someone tells me that it is bad for my health, is it true? if so, how should I do?
Facebook Twitter Google+ Addthis

√ Best Answer

mcommente2012 days ago

Les nutritionnistes préconisent de ne pas dîner trop tard. En effet, si vous mangez après 22h, vous courrez le risque d’aller vous coucher avec l’estomac tout barbouillé. L’heure choisie pour dîner n’est pas le seul facteur influençant la qualité du sommeil. En effet, il y a certains aliments qu’il vaudrait mieux ne pas manger avant d’aller au lit.
Hamburger
Café
Aliment qui donne envie de boire et ceux qui donne envie uriner
Vin
Fromage
Aliment acide
soda

• downvote

Ann2016 days ago

If you have to eat so late, please have less.

• downvote

azzromyo2016 days ago

Hi @Yvon

Eating dinner at a certain time of day won't lead to weight loss. Only burning more calories than you consume causes you to lose weight. Eat when you're truly hungry and have dinner at a certain time if it helps you to restrict calories.
Night Eating

Some people believe that eating late at night will cause weight gain because they think your metabolism slows down at night. However, according to Columbia University's Go Ask Alice! medical resource website, your metabolism is always working. The site reminds that calories are the bottom line when it comes to weight loss, and it doesn't matter if you eat at night as long as you watch what you eat. If you're more likely to eat fatty, high-calorie foods late at night, then it might be a good idea for you to have dinner earlier.
Intervals

Extending the interval between meals may cause you to eat more calories, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture. For instance, waiting five hours between meals instead of four adds about 52 calories for someone on a diet of 2,000 calories per day. Don't wait too long after lunch to eat dinner. Consider having a healthy snack between lunch and dinner to keep hunger under control.
Meal Frequency

Consider eating several small meals a day. Have one meal earlier in the evening, and one meal later. Eating more frequent meals throughout the day can help you control your appetite, according to the Weight-Control Information Network. Eating small meals also may cause your stomach to shrink over time, leading you to feel full sooner, Go Ask Alice! adds

Situation

People often crave rich foods when stressed, "Psychology Today" magazine reported in 2003. Anger, fear, boredom, sadness and loneliness can also trigger overeating, the Mayo Clinic adds. The best time to eat dinner is when you can devote your full attention to the experience and enjoy it. Before you eat, make sure true hunger is driving you, not emotion. If your appetite is a result of poor mood, distract yourself, try stress-management strategies or seek support from others.
Exercise

Consider your exercise schedule when deciding when to eat dinner. If you exercise after dinner, allow three to four hours for a big meal to digest, and two to three hours for a small meal to digest, Go Ask Alice! urges. Eating before exercise can lead to gastrointestinal problems, particularly in runners, people who are unfit, younger people, women, people with emotional stress and intense exercisers. Eating carbohydrates 15 to 60 minutes after a workout replenishes glycogen stores, and eating protein after a workout helps to repair muscle.

hope this helps

• downvote

nino20182015 days ago

A recent medical study was able to identify the ideal times for meals, especially for those wishing to maintain their weight and shape, and of trying to adhere to a healthy diet can control external form.

Recent study shows that published the newspaper "daily mail" that perfect dates reached by the researchers, the breakfast must be after 7 a.m., and the ideal time specifically at 07:11 am, brunch, best time to between 12:30 and 1:00 p.m., that the ideal time is 12:38 p.m., exactly.

The study said that delaying dinner after 7 pm was "fatal to diet, that time must be between 6 and 6:30, either the ideal time is 6:14 pm.

The study said that the quality of food is not the only factor in human success to control weight and his health, but also the dates of the three daily meals, represents an important factor, since the study warned of dinner after 7 pm, where the bedtime approached.

According to reach these numbers through study (Forza sablimant), surveyed more than 1,000 people with experience and who have successfully reduced their weight through food regulation.

The results of the study did not refer to any other food style preference, in three main meals.

He said 84 percent of those surveyed said they believe strongly that adherence to times of meals is essential to mitigating weight.

He said 76 percent of respondents that breakfast is the most important day, and said that maintaining daily helps to get rid of calories. While three-quarters of respondents said they "took advantage of a light lunch, but did not relinquish.

• downvote

nino20182015 days ago

Medical encyclopedia the latest medicine and pharmacy

The best time to eat dinner before sleep two hours at least and helps light dinner and drinking alairan (milk) or drink a glass of warm milk and extinguish the tv and electronic gadgets and reading a book or reading Qur'aan before going to sleep at least an hour to calm the mind and enjoy a deep sleep resets the body activity and vitality to start the new day.

• downvote

azzromyo2015 days ago

yes dear it is ok 2hours before you go to bed this is what my doctor tell to me last week but you must walk a little

• downvote

alvindgreat2015 days ago

Hi @Yvon.
I have consulted the same concern to the physical nutritionist during our company's Annual Physical Exams.
It is okay to have supper an hour or two before going to bed. Don't believe them that eating before bed makes you fat; its a big no-no. However, do not take heavy meals before going to bed. You might have difficulty in digesting the foods you take. It is advisable that you take some light meal before bedtime. Some benefits is listed below for your convenience:
1. Eating a light meal before going to bed can promote weight loss.
2. Having a satisfied belly will help you to fall asleep easily and stay asleep.
3. While you’re sleeping, your body is still hard at work.
4. A slightly full stomach = stable blood sugars = better sleeping = healthier life.
5. Bedtime snacks set you up for success.

The secret here is take the right kind of foods. Eat the healthy ones and refrain from foods that are not healthy for the body. Make it a point to eat a balanced diet each time.

I hope you find this helpful and relevant. If I helped you one way or another, please select me as best answer.
Looking forward to be of any service to you in the next future.
Stay happy and healthy dear.
Cheers!

• downvote

SetupComputer2015 days ago

@Yvon

We have different body chemistry, and each one of us have different needs. I'm not a doctor, definitely not, so my best suggestion is to consult a certified nutritionist and get a meal plan tailored for your body requirements (nutrition needs, metabolism, hereditary diseases, allergies, body clock, school or work load, lifestyle, etc.). I don't think that a consultation would hurt the pocket that much, so why not try?

If your nutritionist determines that you can eat some foods 1-2 hours before bedtime, then by all means you can do so.

Don't just believe and abide by generic meal plans, advices, and a host of other stuff about eating patterns since we have different needs. It might actually work against your well-being should you consider generic meal plans over the net.

I really hope this helps you. :)

• downvote

alvindgreat2015 days ago

Hi@Yvon.
I have consulted the same concern to the physical nutritionist during our company's Annual Physical Exams.
It is okay to have supper an hour or two before going to bed. Don't believe them that eating before bed makes you fat; its a big no-no. However, do not take heavy meals before going to bed. You might have difficulty in digesting the foods you take. It is advisable that you take some light meal before bedtime. Some benefits is listed below for your convenience:
1. Eating a light meal before going to bed can promote weight loss.
2. Having a satisfied belly will help you to fall asleep easily and stay asleep.
3. While you’re sleeping, your body is still hard at work.
4. A slightly full stomach = stable blood sugars = better sleeping = healthier life.
5. Bedtime snacks set you up for success.

The secret here is take the right kind of foods. Eat the healthy ones and refrain from foods that are not healthy for the body. Make it a point to eat a balanced diet each time.

I hope you find this helpful and relevant. If I helped you one way or another, please select me as best answer.
Looking forward to be of any service to you in the next future.
Stay happy and healthy dear.
Cheers!

• downvote

Yvon2015 days ago

@azzromyo

thanks for your reply.

• downvote

atreasurehunter2015 days ago

If you are feeling hungry, feel free to eat :D Just remember to choose healty food and the right amounts allright.

• downvote

Neil2014 days ago

Hi all,

thanks for those feedback and makes me think twice before making excuses ( late from work ) to fill-up when all I probably need is some liquid ( water, fresh juice ) and light snack ( fruits, nuts ).

I love my food and try to take average size portions, definitely eat breakfast as it gives me the energy to last till lunch time ( my main meal ) and look forward to light meal in the afternoon ( not evening ). Read`somewhere to replace heavy food with healthy stuff ( stuff that I like to eat ) on the table/pantry/fridge for those late night snacks.

During my trips, noticed that in some nations they say to eat like a king for breakfast; for others, lunch is the main meal, some do not eat after midday and some do not eat after sundown.

Those good meetings that provide coffee and snacks is a challenge and I tend to selectively pick a few items with water or juice in order to reduce sugar/salt/oil intake. Some people have a bad habit of having late meetings or dragging meetings that included fast-food. Since I blocked-off late afternoon and evening slots in the business calendar with important stuff ( business cocktail/dinner meetings, workshop, preparation for next days important meetings, kids homework, webinars, Gym, Lectures ( attend and Take ), other commitments ( work and family ), those late meetings stopped.

Doctors state that heart attack at night around 10 pm is common and full stomach does not help.

• downvote

ZzMrXzZ2014 days ago

Eating late is extremely bad. However, read this one to reduce the risk from eating late if you have to: https://medical.mit.edu/sites/default/files/late-night-eating.pdf

• downvote

ha142013 days ago

It is a myth that eating close to bedtime is bad for you and can even lead to weight gain (as fat not muscle). Eating a high-carbohydrate meal will put the fuel back into muscles not into fat cells. Of course a daily intake (measured in calories) greater than the body’s energy needs, regardless of meal timings, will lead to an increase in body fat and body weight. Making the last meal before bed a high carbohydrate meal helps to increase the body’s production of the hormone serotonin, which induces sleep.

• downvote

Kerry2013 days ago

it's not good,4 hours will be better.

• downvote

mohturbo2013 days ago

yes from here chatting about the whole day and planting

• downvote

igor2012 days ago

Doctors say that is bad. I dream at night food and I sleep if I don't eat before bedtime. Therefore I eat before bedtime and I sleep well.

• downvote

snarpim2012 days ago

Вредно е!

• downvote

kinzy20042011 days ago

You’ve been told eating before bed is a no-no. But a little pre-slumber snack can help you sleep more soundly without packing on pounds—if you reach for the right foods.

Especially if you tend to eat dinner a few hours before bedtime or you’re very active (or both), snacking before bed will help stabilize your blood sugar levels during the long, meal-less night, explains Stephanie Maxson, senior clinical dietician at the University of Texas’s MD Anderson Cancer Center.

Why should you care about blood sugar? As most diabetics know, blood sugar and its attendant hormones can supercharge or deflate your appetite and energy levels, as well as mess with your body’s efforts to store or burn fat. “Having low blood sugar in the morning will cause a person to feel sluggish and make it more difficult to get out of bed,” Maxson explains, adding that low blood sugar could also wake you up or otherwise disrupt your sleep in the middle of the night.

Ideally, you want to encourage stable blood sugar levels for optimal health, which will be tough to do if you’re going 10 or 12 or 14 hours without eating, Maxson says. (This is one reason she and many other nutrition experts underscore the importance of eating breakfast.)

“It’s such a big myth that you don’t need any energy for sleep,” adds Cassie Bjork, a registered dietician and founder of HealthySimpleLife.com. Not only can the right bedtime snack provide the fuel your body needs to burn calories while you sleep, but a little grub also calms the release of hunger hormones that tell your body to store fat, Bjork explains.

That said, a pint of ice cream isn’t going to do you any favors. Instead, you should be reaching for complex carbohydrates like whole wheat bread, non-starchy vegetables, popcorn, and fruit, Maxson says. These foods break down slowly, and so help stave off the blood sugar spikes or crashes that could mess with your sleep or appetite, she explains. For athletes, adding a protein like turkey or chicken to a bedtime snack can help with muscle repair during the night while also providing a hit of an essential amino acid called tryptophan, which is beneficial for sleep, Maxson says.

And don’t shy away from a little fat, which can further slow the absorption of carbohydrates into your system, Bjork says. Some avocado or peanut butter—or a splash of melted butter on your popcorn—can help if you frequently wake up hungry or tired.

• downvote

WolfCrates2002 days ago

nope, 1-2 hours? i think minimum to wait is 2 hour or 1 hour & 30 minutes. so you're pretty all right.

the one that is not okay is if you eat and go right into bed :V.

• downvote

vegava1999 days ago

Yes and no. If you exercise regularly and already have a high metabolism rate it doesn't really matter when you eat - people that exercise regularly will have a higher metabolism even during parts of the day (or night) when they are not exercising. If you don't exercise much and have a low metabolism your body will store more fat no matter what time you eat.

• downvote
    You have to sign in to answer a question, sign up if you don't have an account.

Hot Topics
    Recent users who have won rewards.
    jeetkml won $1
    a454545 won $2
    Coxxyr won $1
    Handas won $1
    chakramed won $2
    Pravy won $1
    chakramed won $1
    jennifer0123 won $1
    Pele233 won $1
    sneja60845956 won $1
    Latest Topics
    savram Какой чай полезнее черный или зеленый?
    ChessKing Возможна ли качественная подделка лекарств?
    ChessKing Есть ли у питьевой воды строк годности?
    ChessKing Седые волосы:эффективные способы.
    ChessKing Правила питания, раздельное питание.
    erao Para manter o peso precisamos ?
    ChessKing Почему гомеопатия официально не принята?
    ChessKing Корейские кровати:хорошо или плохо?
    ChessKing Лечение хронического парадонтоза.
    Nur_iffah HELP! What Rhetorical Question about Drug Abuse?
    Get free dollars by installing euask App.