Euask
A community for mutual assistance and knowledge sharing

Anyone knows how to type faster? Reward $2
Created by KarterSmith, 1025 days ago, 2413 views

I have been using computer for almost 10 years, but I still don't type fast. Is there any trick I can learn so that I can type faster? Thanks so much
Facebook Twitter Google+ Addthis

√ Best Answer

KPridge931017 days ago

In an old typing class that I had to take for a year, they told me, practice makes perfect. Keep your fingers on the middle row - left hand fingers on A,S,D,F and right hand fingers on J,K,L,;. Keep your thumbs on the space key and use them for spacing only. Become familiar with the keyboard, really get an idea of where everything is, but don't try too hard to memorize it. With enough practice your subconcious will do it for you and you won't ever have to so much as look at the keyboard again while typing. I honeslty couldn't tell you where many keys are on the board without looking, but my mind knows just out of doing it so many times and familiarity with where my hands need to go, where everything is, that I never have to look. Find a good free typing practice program and practice, practice, practice. It will take time, but as time goes by you will get better and better.

• downvote

AmericanDawg1025 days ago

Hi @KarterSmith - I don't know any real tricks other than practice.

Have you ever looked on- line for free typing tests ?

Here's a good example :
http://www.freetypinggame.net/free-typing-test.asp

They will improve your speed.

Best of Luck.

• downvote

azzromyo1025 days ago

if you follow these instructions dear you will be very fast in typing : http://www.keyhero.com/wpm-typing-tips/

• downvote

SetupComputer1025 days ago

@KarterSmith

I used to practice typing using Typing Master (version 7) software. I think it's one of the most popular typing tutor software. I find it very entertaining to use, and results were good in me.

Although, the license today for English only is $6.90, and the Multilingual pack is $14.90. I bet the $6.90 price is not bad compared to what I experienced and learned.

Go here to take a look: http://www.typingmaster.com/typing-tutor/free-demo-download.asp

Cheers!

• downvote

nino20181025 days ago

Best sites to learn typing on the keyboard quickly
Why not try writing ... A lot of companies that are seeking the kind of book they're part-time jobs as well. All you have to do is prepare to learn writing speed on the keyboard first.

And before you begin talking to websites to give you some tips to become a professional keyboard and these tips:
1. put fingers to keyboard correctly

Write the characters in the form of a.z.e.r and arrangement should be left hand
2. sit on the machine straight

Sitting on the machine upright has many benefits
Will keep your energy levels high.
It lets your fingers in the correct position.
Let us to type faster and more accurately
What is the correct position?
The feet should be directly on floor level and wrists with the keyboard. And put my head back.
3. practice is the basis of learning
The road to excellence is always with practice. And lots of it.
Obviously, the more you will help more. The more familiar you will become with the computer keyboard and the position of the keys better your speed will gradually increase over time.
4. looking at the screen and no keyboard
The best way to commemorate the key positions in the significantly higher rates of not looking at the keyboard. This is the hardest part for most people, but is a skill to be learned. This is the easiest way to increase the write speed.
Consider yourself four wheels driving. If you have to look at your gear each time you change it, definitely decrease your speed. Let us write also have an automatic reaction.
5. chat online
It's a great way to increase your writing skills. Be sure to use correct punctuation though.
6. electronic mail and bulletin boards and online forums
Write lots of emails ... A good way to stay in touch with family and friends, along with increasing your writing and vocabulary too.
Become a member online forums, newsletters, and contribute there too.

And finally, give you a bunch of sites which can learn to write impressive and without software

Sitting on the machine upright has many benefits
Will keep your energy levels high.
It lets your fingers in the correct position.
Let us to type faster and more accurately
What is the correct position?
The feet should be directly on floor level and wrists with the keyboard. And put my head back.
3. practice is the basis of learning
The road to excellence is always with practice. And lots of it.
Obviously, the more you will help more. The more familiar you will become with the computer keyboard and the position of the keys better your speed will gradually increase over time.
4. looking at the screen and no keyboard
The best way to commemorate the key positions in the significantly higher rates of not looking at the keyboard. This is the hardest part for most people, but is a skill to be learned. This is the easiest way to increase the write speed.
Consider yourself four wheels driving. If you have to look at your gear each time you change it, definitely decrease your speed. Let us write also have an automatic reaction.
5. chat online
It's a great way to increase your writing skills. Be sure to use correct punctuation though.
6. electronic mail and bulletin boards and online forums
Write lots of emails ... A good way to stay in touch with family and friends, along with increasing your writing and vocabulary too.
Become a member online forums, newsletters, and contribute there too.

And finally, give you a bunch of sites which can learn to write impressive and without software
Typingweb
Goodtyping
Senselang
Typeonline
Typeracer
Ratatype
Typingarena
Finally I wish to benefit from this post and the like give me a best answer thank you

• downvote

powerpcmada1025 days ago

Hi @KarterSmith

One of the keys of typing faster is to use your ten fingers. So try to use them as it is shown on reply#2

You surely have the habit to look at your keyboard when you are typing. Am I right? But the most important thing when you are typing is to focus on your screen.

Try it and good luck!

• downvote

ali_abbasi1025 days ago

Hi
Based on experiences there is no trick, the only way is just to practice, fast typing is a physical process like a sport while no-error typing goes back to ur brain and ur memory. So ur fingers need to form the habit of pressing right key when ur brain call them, so i suggest u too learn ten-finger technic and type a lot, thats the only way
I hope it helps :)

• downvote

g1000A1025 days ago

look on the screen and type stop looking at the keyboard

• downvote

azzromyo1025 days ago

Living on the digital edge where typing is almost an everyday necessity, learning the ways of proper keyboard usage are crucial. Not only are you able to be more productive and get things done quicker with a keyboard, typing faster can enable you to keep up with your brain; that little voice in your head that has great ideas might only last for a few seconds before it’s forgotten.

i’ll give you 5 tips to get you started typing faster and proper. Some of the tips are quite obvious ones, but we’ll provide you with a few apps to help you practice and learn faster.
1. Get Rid Of Bad Habits
Getting rid of your bad typing habits is probably the hardest thing to do. You’ve probably been using the same typing method since you started using a keyboard, right down to where you place your palms. If you’re an FPS (First Person Shooter) gamer you’re probably used to placing your left hand on the WASD keys, and may have stronger fingers on your left hand than your right (speaking from experience here).
Others may type only with two fingers, hovering over ten (or more) keys each, always having to keep their eyes on the keyboard to get the right keys. Although you might be typing fast with only half of the needed fingers, you have to put down your foot (or your hands) and break that habit immediately.
2. Use All 10 Fingers
The next step is to relearn the correct finger placement on the keyboard. If you take a closer look at your keyboard, you’ll notice raised bumps on each of the F key and J key. This is to help you find the correct finger placement without having to look at the keyboard.
Ideally, your index fingers should rest on the F and J keys and the other fingers will fall into place naturally.
In the picture below, you’ll notice color-coded areas showing the keys covered by each finger. You’ll notice that the middle fingers and ring fingers are used for only a few keys on the keyboard, while your index fingers cover the middle section of the keyboard. Navigational, punctuation and function keys are controlled mostly by the little finger.

If this confuses you, head over to websites like the TypingClub or Typing Web where they take you through each step to familiarize yourself with the keyboard. Some of their exercises only involve 2 fingers and as you go through their program, you’ll slowly master the way of faster and proper keyboard typing.
3. Learn To Touch Type
Next up: Touch typing. It’s when you type without having to look at the keyboard. In fact, for seasoned typists, looking at the keyboard actually slows them down.
To get there takes practice, and we’re not talking about hours here. It could be weeks before you condition your fingers to take control of the keys ‘they’ are responsible for. Even if it slows you down, do not revert to how you used to type.
Now, try typing sentences without looking at the keyboard, and try to remember the position of each letter. If you have to sneak a peek at the keyboard, you can, but give the same word or sentence another run, this time without looking at the keyboard. It takes a while but if you are determined, it gets easier every day.
Eventually, you will know where each key is and from then on, it’s just a matter of picking up in terms of speed.
4. Navigate With Basic Keyboard Shortcuts
It’s no surprise why Windows and Mac OS have many keyboard shortcuts. Since both your hands are already on the keyboard, why spend time using a mouse to navigate? You don’t have to remember every shortcut, just the more common ones.
Common shortcuts below are mostly used in word processing programs:

You can also use shortcut keys while browsing the web. Here are some shortcuts you could use to navigate in web browsers.

Finally, here are some common keyboard shortcuts for more general (Windows) navigation.

Using these shortcut keys will require the little finger a lot as many of the modifier keys like Ctrl, Alt and Shift are closest to your little finger.
5. Practice With Apps
Practicing typing on a keyboard need not be stressful (although it may feel like it at times). You can practice with a lot of typing games. Here are a few websites where you can learn how to conquer the keyboard and have fun at the same time.
TypeRacer
Typing Maniac is a Facebook game that will get you addicted as you can compete with friends to see who can earn the most points. As words appear on your screen, type them out to make them go away before too many land on the ground and cause you to lose the game! Earn points and get a better score if you achieve each level without missing or misspelling a word.

Keybr.com
Keybr generates readable random words where some words are spelt incorrectly to help you remember common letter combinations better rather than typing random letters. It’ll give you statistics to tell you which area of the keyboard you are weaker in. It also offers words in different languages as well as different keyboard layouts.
Touch Typing Study

The exercises in this site get you comfortable with the finger placement by repeatedly asking you to type those letters with the correct finger. It is also offered in different languages.
Learn Typing

Learn typing is a basic looking website that has a ton of explanation good for beginners learning to touch type. Once you’ve gone through the basics, there are also more advanced exercises which you can do.

• downvote

kinzy20041025 days ago

use a typing teaching programm like typingmaster postion your hands on the letters rows up middle down then type without looking try to remember each and every letter position you will get used to it

• downvote

timtomnaru1024 days ago

if you are a gamer like me, I perfected my typing with typing of the dead. I would post a link to buy it, but there are tons of sites to buy it nowadays including amazon and ebay. tbh, its a really fun way to practice typing. also to help your typing, try a gaming keyboard. it makes typing a little more fun when u can change the backlight color of the keyboard. I got my blackweb Centaur for $40 but u can get em cheaper on sites like ebay and amazon. I hope I helped. I do realize that games are not the answer to all of life's problems, but this is my particular fix for this problem :3
here the game is on steam.
http://store.steampowered.com/agecheck/app/246580/

enjoy ^.^

• downvote

Olpers1021 days ago

Hey buddy,
Follow these steps:

1- Do everything from keyboard do not use mouse (Learn all shortcuts on windows-make your own shortcut keys www.autohotkey.com)

2-Try not to look at keyboard while typing. see on the screen. Remember the location of keys.(its easy,but you need to practice)

3- There are many software out there to increase typing speed
offline:
(http://listoffreeware.com/list-of-best-free-typing-tutor/)
Online:
(http://www.keybr.com/#!game)

4-Record your typing speed time daily (Use your all 10 fingers)

5-try to hit right keys instead of focusing on typing speed

6- Follow all other tips written above/below my answer

Thanks,

• downvote

adams4911020 days ago

Practice, Practice and more practice typing/ Now Is The Time For All God Men To Come To The Aid Of Their Country 37864-:29150!?

• downvote

Rudefood201019 days ago

Sit up straight, keep your arms at length, and keep your feet on the floor. If it helps you may try looking while you type, or just try to type with fewer fingers if you can. That's what my computer teacher taught me in middle school. Good luck!

• downvote

raaj131019 days ago

everyone can't type faster as anyone else.

I can't type faster with traditional way i use only 2 fingers gives me accuracy and speed.

Not anyone can type faster using traditional way. if you are too familiar with your keyboard you can use your own way to type

• downvote

alvindgreat1017 days ago

Practice makes perfect.
Maintain a good posture while typing. There are software which can help you practice your typing speed.
Just have the dedication and discipline to practice oneself.
As said in my DP, Push Until Something Happens.

Lets rephrase it and say "Practice Until Something Happens".
Let's drink to that faster typing speed @KarterSmith.
Hope it helps you.

• downvote

webby1017 days ago

Short answer: it's all about the keyboard you are using.If it's a qwerty keyboard, see that F letter and J letter are a little bit different . The rest it's memory and practice.

• downvote

Herourtime1008 days ago

Hello!

The best - http://ergosolo.com .

Good luck!

• downvote
    You have to sign in to answer a question, sign up if you don't have an account.

Hot Topics
    AMITK Best way to use cracked software for just temporary?
    nikke IPTV i there any great company?
    Wuveth What online games do you prefer?
    Stardust What is a sealy hybrid mattress?
    cotaone Disk defragmenter not allowing me to position files
    7pharman Where did Wise Care 365 Pro Go???
    Macman178 Telegram messenger
    Recent users who have won rewards.
    chakramed won $1
    ha14 won $1
    ChessKing won $1
    ChessKing won $1
    chakramed won $1
    ChessKing won $1
    dastkhat won $5
    ChessKing won $1
    Adamsh won $1
    ha14 won $1
    Latest Topics
    Macman178 Telegram messenger
    Wuveth What online games do you prefer?
    7pharman Where did Wise Care 365 Pro Go???
    ariegm Is there a Hosting Provider here?
    nikke IPTV i there any great company?
    cotaone Disk defragmenter not allowing me to position files
    bigwrench K7 Total security
    Stardust What is a sealy hybrid mattress?
    AMITK Best way to use cracked software for just temporary?
    AMITK Why windows store games more smooth and take less cpu+ram work then other?
    Get free dollars by installing euask App.