Euask
A community for mutual assistance and knowledge sharing

Does drinking to much alcohol affect your looks? Reward $3
Created by Olly83, 829 days ago, 858 views

Does drinking to much alcohol affect your looks and skin?
Facebook Twitter Google+ Addthis

√ Best Answer

Malkor828 days ago

Drinking to much alcohol affect not only your looks but also your body. According to the National alcohol institution drinking alcohol causes the following results:
Brain:
Alcohol interferes with the brain’s communication pathways, and can affect the way the brain looks and works. These disruptions can change mood and behavior, and make it harder to think clearly and move with coordination.

Heart:
Drinking a lot over a long time or too much on a single occasion can damage the heart, causing problems including:

Cardiomyopathy – Stretching and drooping of heart muscle
Arrhythmias – Irregular heart beat
Stroke
High blood pressure
Research also shows that drinking moderate amounts of alcohol may protect healthy adults from developing coronary heart disease.

Liver:
Heavy drinking takes a toll on the liver, and can lead to a variety of problems and liver inflammations including:

Steatosis, or fatty liver
Alcoholic hepatitis
Fibrosis
Cirrhosis
Pancreas:
Alcohol causes the pancreas to produce toxic substances that can eventually lead to pancreatitis, a dangerous inflammation and swelling of the blood vessels in the pancreas that prevents proper digestion.

Cancer:
Drinking too much alcohol can increase your risk of developing certain cancers, including cancers of the:

Mouth
Esophagus
Throat
Liver
Breast
Immune System:
Drinking too much can weaken your immune system, making your body a much easier target for disease. Chronic drinkers are more liable to contract diseases like pneumonia and tuberculosis than people who do not drink too much. Drinking a lot on a single occasion slows your body’s ability to ward off infections – even up to 24 hours after getting drunk.

• downvote

AmericanDawg829 days ago

Hi Olly
Yes - it most certainly does.
Heavy drinking ,dilates and forces your blood vessels to the surface and makes you puffy looking.
Then after years of abuse your face starts to droop and you look like a Hound Dog.

• downvote

ha14829 days ago

@Olly83 Too much alcohol dehydrates the body, which is bad news for the skin and complexion, make skin look pale and grey. It also dilates the blood vessels under the surface of the skin, leading to ugly veins on the nose and cheek.

Chronic excessive alcohol abuse is associated with a wide range of skin disorders including urticaria, porphyria cutanea tarda, flushing, cutaneous stigmata of cirrhosis, psoriasis, pruritus, seborrheic dermatitis and rosacea.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long-term_effects_of_alcohol_consumption

• downvote

rehan05829 days ago

yes, it effects your look very much.

• downvote

ZzMrXzZ829 days ago

In my neighborhood, there are plenty of people who are alcoholic, they looks pale and skinny. Drinking wine too much will harm your stomach and liver and prevent your body from gaining nutrition

• downvote
    You have to sign in to answer a question, sign up if you don't have an account.

Hot Topics
    Recent users who have won rewards.
    yanka457 won $1
    MAKEROFMONY2 won $1
    muthu won $1
    Surfer won $1
    ha14 won $1
    sonmeoo won $1
    Phani won $2
    ha14 won $1
    nuklin won $1
    ha14 won $1
    Latest Topics
    myplanet Need to end relationship to an alcholic
    Jhony18 What shall I cook?
    selcinor What can I eat that will reduce calories in my body.
    Danyil Where I can buy PS Vita which cost a little?
    Dorota Piwo i jego właściwości
    July What is your favorite dessert?
    daybyday What would you eat when you don't want to eat anything?
    maksimos1970 Where is produced brandy "Manas"
    au52 What do you prefer to eat as snacks?
    AF Some ways to make child eat more?
    Get free dollars by installing euask App.