Euask
A community for mutual assistance and knowledge sharing

How do I sign into my computer without a Microsoft Account?
Created by KarterSmith, 1175 days ago, 1846 views

Microsoft insists that one should log into a computer with Microsoft account and password, which provides security of course. Yet in practice it blocks access to your computer to see anything if the internet connection has failed or is not available at some places.
Is there any solution to this problem as I am using my computer without a password. The above difficulty I have experienced myself so I had to set my computer login automatic.
Thanks for help.
Facebook Twitter Google+ Addthis

√ Best Answer

rangnguyen1173 days ago

If you mean 'bypass this process" in order to go straight to desktop.

http://www.techradar.com/news/software/operating-systems/50-windows-8-tips-tricks-and-secrets-1028220/3

1. Log in automatically Warning : Your account will lose admin privileges as a result of this stepOf course even if you remove the lock screen, you'll still be forced to manually log in every time your system starts. This can also be resolved at speed, though, using much the same technique as in previous versions of Windows.
Hold down the Windows key, press R, type 'netplwiz' and press Enter to launch the User Accounts dialog.
Clear the "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" box and click OK.
Enter the user name and password of the account that you'd like to be logged in automatically, click OK, restart your system and this time it should boot directly to the Start screen.

2. Bypass the Start Screen and Boot Directly to the Desktop

If you're like most Windows traditionalists, you spend most of your time in the desktop environment and really, really dislike the fact that Microsoft forces you to use that annoying Start screen. Heck, the Start screen is what you're always dumped into when you boot up your PC, like it or not.
In Windows 8.1, however, you can configure your system to bypass the Start screen and boot directly to the desktop. This isn't the be-all and end-all of fixes, but it does remove one minor annoyance.
To bypass the Start screen on bootup, go into the desktop, right-click an open area of the taskbar, and select Properties to display the Taskbar and Navigation Properties dialog box. Click the Navigation tab, go to the Start Screen section, and check When I Sign In or Close All Apps On a Screen, Go To the Desktop Instead of Start. Click OK, and you will.

• downvote

TairikuOkami1174 days ago

http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/13315-local-account-password-change-remove-windows-8-a.html

• downvote

DjangoUnchained1174 days ago

Microsoft account allows users to sign into websites that support this service using a single set of credentials. Users' credentials are not checked by Microsoft account-enabled websites, but by a Microsoft account authentication server. A new user signing into a Microsoft account-enabled website is first redirected to the nearest authentication server, which asks for username and password over an SSL connection.

When you sign in to your PC or device with a Microsoft account, you can get apps from the Windows Store, back up all your important data and files using free cloud storage, and keep all your favorite stuff—devices, photos, friends, games, settings, music, and so on—up to date and in sync.

I do understand that it is not ideal to have your computer connected to internet at all places and you will not be able to login to your account unless the credentials are verified by the server. As a workaround you have a local account created with password set though you have set the password when you login it will just verify the credentials on the local machine and will not connect to Microsoft Server and hence you use it at places where you are not able to connect to Internet.

• downvote

DjangoUnchained1174 days ago

Microsoft account allows users to sign into websites that support this service using a single set of credentials. Users' credentials are not checked by Microsoft account-enabled websites, but by a Microsoft account authentication server. A new user signing into a Microsoft account-enabled website is first redirected to the nearest authentication server, which asks for username and password over an SSL connection.

When you sign in to your PC or device with a Microsoft account, you can get apps from the Windows Store, back up all your important data and files using free cloud storage, and keep all your favorite stuff—devices, photos, friends, games, settings, music, and so on—up to date and in sync.

I do understand that it is not ideal to have your computer connected to internet at all places and you will not be able to login to your account unless the credentials are verified by the server. As a workaround you have a local account created with password set though you have set the password when you login it will just verify the credentials on the local machine and will not connect to Microsoft Server and hence you use it at places where you are not able to connect to Internet.

• downvote
    You have to sign in to answer a question, sign up if you don't have an account.

Hot Topics
    ChessKing How to combine two m3u of the playlist into one?
    Franklee GlobalEDI Internet
    AAA1992 Fifa 15 cpu usage ..
    Recent users who have won rewards.
    thsigit won $1
    ab1936 won $1
    ahmed58 won $1
    chakramed won $1
    ha14 won $5
    chakramed won $1
    ha14 won $1
    chakramed won $1
    chakramed won $1
    MAKEROFMONY2 won $1
    Latest Topics
    customercarenum Gmail Support Number
    kate06willson Facebook customer care number toll free
    AAA1992 Fifa 15 cpu usage ..
    ChessKing How to combine two m3u of the playlist into one?
    Franklee GlobalEDI Internet
    OneParaProfessional WiseCare: Price difference on POP Up Form
    jordianz Walk me through how you might derive the black-scholes formula by using a real options approach
    TrevorKith Where do sugar daddies meet their sugar babies?
    grems Are sugar baby relationships that gross?
    Casetes Do you date in the Internet?
    Get free dollars by installing euask App.