Is wireless router connected by Ethernet cable to my computer a wired connection even though it is not connect by Ethernet to modem? Reward $34
Created by AddisonLee, 953 days ago, 2218 views
I have to pass a work from home test that requires an wired connection. My parents work from home but the modem is in their room. Its set up in a way that would be too much to move. Where I would set up an office would be upstairs opposite side of the house. If running cables through walls and construction is not an option can I use a wireless router and connect via Ethernet cable to the computer to create a wired connection? Hopefully I'm explaining this to be answered fully. This is not my area of expertise.
√ Best Answer
paul07333953 days ago
NO, FOR YOU TO BE A WIRED CONNECTION YOU HAVE TO CONNECT YOUR COMPUTER ETHERNET CABLE TO YOUR PARENTS ROUTER, OTHER THAN THAT YOUR ROUTER WOULD BE SENDING/RECEIVING WIRELESSLY.
Danny953 days ago
Connect the ethernet cable to a router that would be helpful and then you can connect to it
ha14953 days ago
@AddisonLee ZyXEL 600 Mbps Mini Powerline AV2 Gigabit Adapter, Starter Kit - 2 Units (PLA5205KIT)
sajal27953 days ago
ZzMrXzZ953 days ago
The answer is "NO".
rangnguyen952 days ago
I did 2 things :
SetupComputer952 days ago
gep951 days ago
:) you can do wireless just buy a wireless usb adapter but the problem is it's not so effective than a wired connection, it is not reliable even if you put wi-fi extender. You router can't connect to a network when you don't connect it to your Mom's Modem or Router. The best thing you will do is connect a cable wire to the router of your mom then connect it to your router or switch but since you don't know how to configure a router running to switch just go directly to the router then connect the cable at the back of you Computer you can see slot there and you are ready to Go if you know how to connect a switch from the router of your mom's room then that is better. You don't have to construct anything all you have to do is place the cable wire below the wall or at corner of the ceiling to look them cool and organize and and don't forget to place U-nails to make the cable intact. Go go go enjoy surfing and hope to pass your project on time.
- Hot Topics
- How to delete dead apps from a Laptop???
- What is best Browser for android
- What are your thoughts about detox diets and drinks?
- Android device Rooting
- мобильные устройства
- Error on wise malware beta
- License Activation does not work
- Unsafe to clean Unsafe to clean
- Do you know some nice online service for making quality lapel pins?
- What are some not expensive gifts for a video game geek?
- Recent users who have won rewards.
- ha14 won $1
- ha14 won $3
- Aguru won $1
- ab1936 won $1
- andiupn won $1
- muthu won $1
- Noth1ng1sSom3th1ng won $1
- FixitJorge won $1
- MAKEROFMONY2 won $1
- thsigit won $1
- Latest Topics
- Is there a service for recharging Internet in India?
- Do you know any good mattress brands which are comfortable and reliable?
- Which are some goo LED lamps for indoor growing?
- I need to build a nice website for my travel agency. What are my options?
- What is the best way to build a website for my mobile game?
- Presentation templates
- Did anyone try educational computer games for kids?
- Euask will keep one category way?
- Web fonts design
- мобильные устройства