Euask
A community for mutual assistance and knowledge sharing

After upgrading to Windows 10, my Asus laptop can't connect to WiFi Reward $33
Created by Carlos, 1905 days ago, 37361 views

After upgrading to Windows 10, my Asus laptop can't connect to WiFi, please help.
Facebook Twitter Google+ Addthis

√ Best Answer

M.Basel.S1905 days ago

u need to install wireless driver

go to http://support.asus.com/download/options.aspx?SLanguage=en&type=1
and type your laptop model name

i choosed k555ld for example

after that select windows 10

select wireless and download the last Version

install that driver on your laptop and it will works, hope that was usefull :)

• downvote

ZzMrXzZ1905 days ago

Check if you've already enabled it by pressing Fn F2
Here's a quote from a windows 10 user:
"I installed Windows 10 today and had the same problem with my laptop. There was no Wi-Fi option visible with my Atheros Wi-Fi Network adapter and so I had a driver issue too. I managed to fix it and so thought I'd join just to help out anyone else with the same issue.

First thing I did was check if "Flight Mode" was on, which mine was and so it was lucky that I checked!
(for anyone who doesn't know, just click on the network logo on the bottom right, right-click on Flight Mode, go to settings and select off on the toggle switch. You can just tap the Flight Mode button to toggle, but mine was on and I couldn't see the Airplane logo on the task bar until Wi-Fi was set up).

I then went into Device Manager and there was the usual small yellow triangle warning on the bottom left of the adapter and so I plugged in an Ethernet cable and right-clicked on the adapter icon/text and selected "Update Driver Software..". It said my driver was up to date, but the Wi-Fi was still not visible and so I then right-clicked the same adapter and selected "Properties", then the "Driver" tab and then selected "Uninstall".

I was expecting to reinstall the driver, however as soon as I completed this the Wi-Fi worked and it asked me to change my Wi-Fi settings (where it asks if you want to share your settings with your Outlook Contacts, Skype and Facebook). I then just selected my Wi-Fi network and logged-in.

Hope this helps anyone with the same issue."

There is a bug with bit defender firewall...to test if this is the problem turn off bit defender firewall and see if your network connections start working

If you can not fix it, then we come to the next solutions: reinstall wifi driver. Just uninstall the current driver and download the update driver online. Some users fix it by this way and succeed.

If all of them do not work, then we come to the last but not least one:
Step 1: To begin, launch Command Prompt as Admin. To do this, simply right click the Start button and select Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.

Step 2: Enter the following command and hit the Enter key:

reg delete HKCR\CLSID\{988248f3-a1ad-49bf-9170-676cbbc36ba3} /va /f

Step 3: Now enter this command, and press Enter once more:

netcfg -v -u dni_dne

Preferably, you should restart your computer and check back with your Wi-Fi settings. All networks around you should now be visible and you should be able to connect to them easily.

• downvote

darari1905 days ago

At first you should check your Internet connection. Have it plugging properly or not. Then you check configuration setting and open your IE.
Go to Tools>Internet Options>Connections tab
Go to LAN settings.
And adjust "Automatically detect settings"
Also go to the advance tab and click the Restore Advance Settings button or you can reinstall your IE.
Problem with Network Card try to activate it or updated , hope this will help.

• downvote

ha141905 days ago

Go to your Wify properties and uncheck I) internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) and any intrusion software detection System
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_devices/wifi-driver-problem-on-windows-10-technical/c03f7dc1-cd9d-4547-8d1c-2562fdbd6a37?page=2

check What's flight mode? turnit off
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-8/what-is-airplane-mode
-plug in an Ethernet cable
-On device manager adapter icon select "Update Driver Software..".
-if It said your driver was up to date, and still no wifi then right-click the same adapter and select "Properties", then the "Driver" tab and then select "Uninstall" (do not delete).

• downvote

sajal271905 days ago

Hi
@Carlos

Go to Device Manager, locate your Wifi driver (Device Manager / Network adapters), right click on it and select Uninstall from the context menu. Then reboot your laptop.

After the new start, Windows will re-create the Wifi adapter and you should be good to go.

hope this will help

• downvote

momoko1666 days ago

turn off Bluetooth and try again.

• downvote

Oladolona1660 days ago

Here is a tutorial o fix wilress network driver issues after Windows 10 update:http://www.drivethelife.com/windows-10/fix-no-wifi-available-after-windows-10-update.html. I followed it to fix my laptop!

• downvote

bluecut1545 days ago

This happened this week to two asus laptops in my household, here's the fix.

If you go to device manager and check the properties of the wireless adapter you will propably find that it has recently updated the driver, it's behind one of the tabs (advanced or details) with a time stamp.

For me what happened was that it had replaced the driver athw10x.inf with athw8x.inf which I guess is a win8-driver.

Google the old driver to download it and install it with "have disk" will resolve the issue.

The computer will however update the driver with the wrong one so you need to disable the automatic friver update;

1. Right-click on my computer and select properties
2. Click on "Advanced system settings"
3. Click on hardware tab and click on "Device Installation Settings"
4. Windows has enabled downloading of drivere software for your devices, select "No, let me choose what to do". After selecting this you will get options what to do with driver updates. Select "Never install driver software from windows update".

Sadly this will disable all automatic driver updates since you can't specify these settings to which hardware to automatically or manually update.

• downvote
    You have to sign in to answer a question, sign up if you don't have an account.

Hot Topics
    Recent users who have won rewards.
    jeetkml won $1
    a454545 won $2
    Coxxyr won $1
    Handas won $1
    chakramed won $2
    Pravy won $1
    chakramed won $1
    jennifer0123 won $1
    Pele233 won $1
    sneja60845956 won $1
    Latest Topics
    hey_trey Need your help in my problem!
    yzeguy How do I restore inadvertently deleted bookmarks/tabs in Firefox?
    termezo Do you know some creative ideas from healthcare mobile app?
    AmandaRosse What are the best surfing tips?
    LindaDunnigan WEBSITE TOO SLOW TO GET INTO BLUE CIRCLE KEEPS RUNNING
    abiodun My laptoo my android
    ThomasGrace Hardware Dashboard similar to/better than CAM 3?
    termezo What are the best tips to pass job interview successfully?
    BrianCa No WiFi network taskbar icon
    DenialMar What analytics tools do you use?
    Get free dollars by installing euask App.