Euask
A community for mutual assistance and knowledge sharing

Reprogramming the laptop battery. Reward $3
Created by ChessKing, 32 days ago, 100 views

Why do they do this reprogramming? How to do? When repairing the battery, can I replace the laptop battery without reprogramming it?
Facebook Twitter Google+ Addthis

milas858531 days ago

HI
I hope this site helps you out
https://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_repair_a_laptop_battery

• downvote

programmer30 days ago

Hi
Laptops use so-called "smart batteries", meaning that the battery pack has built in charger that (a) charges each parallel cell group to their manufacturer's specifications (terminal voltage and max charging current), and (b) balances the charge between groups connected in series.

When you measured 14.8 (3.7V times 4) on a freshly charged battery (I presume), it means that the charger in your re-used pack was charging the new cells to 3.7V. Most recent 18650 cells usually have termination voltage at 4.2V, so if you charge then only to to 3.7V, their capacity will be severely handicapped. So, you need to check charging specifications for your new cells first. However, it will be highly unlikely that you can reprogram the built-in charger to new 4.2V level.

The second effect could be due to the battery configuration having two cells in parallel, 4S2P. Manufacturers of good laptop batteries use careful binning technique to closely match the cells that will go in parallel. If discharge curves and/or internal impedances are not matched, the pair of parallel cells will receive suboptimal charge, and will have stronger self-discharge, so the overall battery capacity will be further reduced.

Because of the above considerations, an attempt to repair/replace bad cells in laptop battery packs in DIY environment has usually a limited success.

Maybe this videos helps you to reset your laptop battery
1-

2-

• downvote
    You have to sign in to answer a question, sign up if you don't have an account.

Hot Topics
    Max06742499 Good websites with stock music?
    Cezario How do I increase traffic on a new website?
    colas_mais What do you know about modafinil?
    Recent users who have won rewards.
    zamboman won $1
    MAKEROFMONY2 won $1
    pleaseAnswerMe won $1
    ha14 won $1
    milas8585 won $1
    kaioo5191 won $1
    androidly won $1
    programmer won $1
    VikasSharma won $1
    kaioo5191 won $1
    Latest Topics
    masonsetup 123.hp.com/setup
    colas_mais What do you know about modafinil?
    Cezario How do I increase traffic on a new website?
    ezrankings UGC & Sponser Nofollow Plugin for WordPress
    Max06742499 Good websites with stock music?
    gocoreover How To work Google Pay QR Code? Google Pay Customer Support
    Maxbrady Adding a device window immediately disappears upon clicking
    MayRich How do I find a reliable handbag seller on the web?
    CharlesJS Wifi not working on win 10 but working fine on Ubuntu
    ChessKing The display controller laptop
    Get free dollars by installing euask App.